• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World

(Yes, this is a year old, but it went viral recently due to the surge of Karen-related incidents)

There was also an article in the local news for that area: https://kfor.com/news/cashion-citizens-question-police-tactics-after-woman-tased-during-arrest/
CASHION, Okla. – Tensions were high at a Thursday night Cashion Town Hall meeting after several showed up in support of Debra Hamil, a woman who was arrested after refusing to sign for an $80 traffic ticket.

The meeting even had extra security in case things got out of control.

Several were in attendance to address the Cashion Police Department, saying it needs to be firm but also fair.

"I've made several comments and then taken them down but of course I support my friend," Lynda Lenhart said.
Several were in attendance to support their friend Debra Hamil.

"Debra did snap and I can't blame her," Lenhart said. "She's gone through a lot through the past few years."
Lynda Lenhart is part of a tight-knit group calling themselves the Old Ladies Against Tazing.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Resetera thread of this incident, for reference:
www.resetera.com

Resisting While White

I'm sure this is something that Is known but I'm this to say I do believe police are properly trained to take in suspects without the use of deadly force. He drew his gun then switched to the taser for a nonlethal take down the deciding element in whether they use this training seems to depend...

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Resetera thread of this incident, for reference:
www.resetera.com

Resisting While White

I'm sure this is something that Is known but I'm this to say I do believe police are properly trained to take in suspects without the use of deadly force. He drew his gun then switched to the taser for a nonlethal take down the deciding element in whether they use this training seems to depend...
noooooo

i tried searching for her name but didn't find anything

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
When he shot her ass with the taser...

giphy.gif

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I find this video to be highly disturbing to be honest. I just don't like seeing people get treated like that.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I know I shouldn't be laughing, but what the entire fuck did she think was going to happen? 🤣🤣🤣

Oct 28, 2017
It was funny till he used a damn taser. That wasn't necessary. It's not nice seeing an old lady shout out in pain, even if she was being immature.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
I find this video to be highly disturbing to be honest. I just don't like seeing people get treated like that.
Say what now?

Society only works if we all agree to abide by the rules and laws as a citizen. As a citizen she had an obligation to sign for her ticket and then take it up with the judge or resist authority that we all agree to by taking our rights as citizens. She chose the hard way and got treated appropriately. Not to mention if she wasn't white and had fled the scene?

She got what she asked for.

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
I had not seen that before.
"I'm going to stand up now" might be the stupidest most balliest thing I've seen all day.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Well she drove away. He didn't use his gun but a taser so I have no idea what she was thinking.

Kohinoor

Aug 21, 2019
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory Accusations; Account in Junior Phase
EDIT: I spoke out of frustration. My point still stands, I think, on a subconcious level, but I shouldn't have written it out so accusatory on second glance.

Last edited:

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
dude when getting a ticket I'm happy if I just get slapped with a fine and can drive away, I'll sign whatever. Can always appeal to traffic court.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
well

that escalated quickly

man she can take a taser

Oct 26, 2017
As much as I'm really not that sorry for her getting tazered, there's no way the cop couldn't have subdued her without resorting to that. Stun guns are agonizing and despite being non lethal, are still very dangerous.

It's actually a perfect little microcosm of issues in the US currently. An elderly white boomer with extreme entitlement issues and a trigger happy cop who fails to properly deescalate a situation without going overboard.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
"The taser wasn't necessary"

Really? Did people saying that actually watch it? He tried to cuff her without it and she was kicking him.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I'm really not that sorry for her getting tazered, there's no way the cop couldn't have subdued her without resorting to that. Stun guns are agonizing and despite being non lethal, are still very dangerous.

It's actually a perfect little microcosm of issues in the US currently. An elderly white boomer with extreme entitlement issues and a trigger happy cop who fails to properly deescalate a situation without going overboard.
with the way she twisted her arm when he tried and rolled around and kicked that would have probably done more damage than the tazer

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World

You call that "trigger-happy?" lmao

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
the moment when she feels like driving away will be successful....omg

Oni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean... he probably could have restrained her without the taser. But I'll admit it was a little funny

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Old white lady with a lifetime of privilege runs head first into a law enforcement officer that wasn't buying it, is confronted with the. most. menial. of consequences and loses her damn mind, culminating in felony arrest and getting tazed.

I've hit the replay button like a dozen times already.