• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Euler.L.

Alt account
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
One only needs to look at the drug abuse numbers in the USA to maybe reflect a little bit that the American way us totally the superior way to handle drugs.

Which I am free to do when randos on the internet decide to whine about nebulous western values without it being a pointed criticism of any specific country.

After superior nebulous western values were used as an argument to claim superiority over 'backwards' Asian countries.

You are welcome.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
That happens on many other asian countries so I don't think it's due to an older population but a strong part of the culture. This thing with twitter shows that there's people who don't care about it but in general, I don't believe that would be so true in the country.
Yeah you're most likely right. The Philippines etc show this to be true, I'm curious if the root of this goes back to the opium wars? I know that was China but wouldn't be surprised if it hardened opinion regionally.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Most Singaporean guys served national service during our teenage years and there's one thing we learn in the military:

You can do any vile things you want.

Just don't get caught.

If you get caught, you pay the price. Nobody will pity you.

giphy.gif

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
After superior nebulous western values were used as an argument to claim superiority over 'backwards' Asian countries.

You are welcome.

No, after a random internet poster used their own personal moral barometer to judge "asia" and someone else decided to hang that on "the west".

I know you were tripping over your dick to complain about my original "edgy" post, but you could have at least tried to parse what it was saying.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Most Singaporean guys served national service during our teenage years and there's one thing we learn in the military:

You can do any vile things you want.

Just don't get caught.

If you get caught, you pay the price. Nobody will pity you.

I mean, I Guess? But that's kinda referring to small shit like "eating snake" and not actually criminally harmful shit lol

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Japan has a really good healthcare system. There should be no issue in helping these people rehabilitate, instead of ruining their careers and kicking them while they are down.
Throwing any drug users under the bus is the protocol to follow for a while. I know the composer of the anime Kaiji was jailed for weed, and only recently has his music resurfaced even for a little bit in a spin-off. Trashing every creation these people ever had is pretty shitty for anyone involved.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Official Staff Communication
The staff post is not being heeded and there are a lot of inflammatory generalizations and othering of Japan going on in here. Thread has been locked, and we will be reviewing posts for further action.

Status
Not open for further replies.