• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Holy shit! He was one of my favorite Pokemon YouTubers a few years ago. I stopped watching because I just got bored of the whole shtick.

EDIT: And now it makes sense why he suddenly cut off all communication with HoodlumScrafty one Summer.

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are there factors that are increasing incidents of these sorts of things or are they simply just being caught and exposed and brought into the spotlight due to the age of the internet and social media?

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Whoa!!! Wtf! I used to see KingNappy in videos when gen 7 first came out, so unexpected and gross.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So many pedos getting exposed in the Pokemon community lately

Please dont answer with my avatar

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there factors that are increasing incidents of these sorts of things or are they simply just being caught and exposed and brought into the spotlight due to the age of the internet and social media?
My view is that these are people who are becoming extremely successful (and the power balance that goes with that) but because they're basically self employed there are no structures to keep them in check.

Like I know structures aren't a guarantee of safety (hey Hollywood) but for these guys there's literally nothing.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017

Probably both, honestly. Giving random person x access to millions of children who might view them as authority figures obviously is a vector for possible abuse, but it's not like authority figures haven't abused their positions of power in order to do so in the past.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
What! That's shocking, I used to watch his content a few years ago.

However OP, remove that video, Verlisify isnt really any better. Most toxic poketuber of the bunch. Full of shit.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
And not just him, yesterday a whole slew of Pokétubers were exposed for similar things. It was all over my Twitter lol

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Downplaying Concerns Surrounding the Predatory Manipulation of Minors.
Maybe I'm missing something, but 16 is the age of consent in a lot of places isn't it?

Edit
This was a really bad post, and not what I intended. Sorry folks.

Last edited:

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Another one? Wasn't some other Poketuber exposed for being a pedophile like yesterday?

OP
OP
alexi52

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Gross.

Also, is there another video on the subject that's not by Verlisify? sorry but he's toxic as hell and often lies.
It's the only one I could find find so far since just searching the name KingNappy just gives me a million of his Pokemon related videos

Most of the information coming out have from other Pokemon YouTuber coming out through Twitter

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm missing something, but 16 is the age of consent in a lot of places isn't it?
You're missing that the other person is 21, in a position of relative power, and that they abused that priviledge to try and take advantage of someone who is not considered an adult (age of consent is not the same thing and it's almost always applied with heavy caveats).

Why do pedophiles always use things that are liked by kids
When you're fishing, it's all about the bait... They know what they are doing and how to target the people they want.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Awful. Terrible.

With that said, let's please find a source that isn't Verlisify to link to for this story.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The ultimatum part especially makes this deeply unfortunate. It's fair if you want to cut off communication but don't go "Date me or go away", it's blatant manipulation.

Feb 2, 2019

It's not like the age is the only problem. If everything is true, it's more about manipulative behavior and preying on people.

Again, if true, telling someone you're going to end his job career just to force him into a relation is just horrible. It's something a psycho would do.

Plus, legality =/= morality. Yeah, legally, MJ might be innocent at the end of the day, but you still shouldn't sleep with children that aren't your own. It's just wrong. Same about being around 30 and hanging with 16 years old people.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
BaPxZau.png
Of course people don't care.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I think you missed the manipulation part.

I'm not disputing that, just the age piece. The OP title implies something that may or may not be true depending on age of consent laws and close age exemptions. I bring it up because obviously if it was a case of someone being underage then a crime has taken place, vs something that may not be a crime but is morally wrong none the less.

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read "Pokemon Youtube" in the OP and had a mini heart attack thinking it was the Official Pokemon.

Oct 26, 2017
Age of consent laws are (ideally) there to stop young folk being criminalised for following their natural inclinations with one another.
They're not a free ticket for grown adults to try and fuck people that are too young to be involved in relationships with adults. Others also noted the whole position of power dynamic.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Jesus, YouTube is just a breeding ground for this kind of stuff now. Used too you had to tell your kids not to go into chat boards with strangers, now its warn them of who they watch and subscribe too.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's fucked up, when you're creating content for a community that is mostly made of children you have to bear the responsibility to be a model for them.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, YouTube is just a breeding ground for this kind of stuff now. Used too you had to tell your kids not to go into chat boards with strangers, now its warn them of who they watch and subscribe too.
I have a 5 and a 9 year old... it's why they don't have their own tablets/phones and they have to have any youtube content pre-approved. There is some crazy (watching grown adults play with My Little Pony toys, which look and sound more like giant ads for the toys than anything else) and awful (the spider-elsa thing from a couple years ago) and even worse out there.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
My heart goes out to the kid, i imagine this kind of shit can be extremely confusing for someone still growing and not even really being sure of their own sexuality. That pedo can fuck off, leave the kids alone you sick bastard

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
This is a great example of why Youtube celebrity is extremely dangerous. None of these folks have been vetted or have checks on their behavior in the form of organizations, so this kind of shit goes down, probably more than we know.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like the age is the only problem. If everything is true, it's more about manipulative behavior and preying on people.

Again, if true, telling someone you're going to end his job career just to force him into a relation is just horrible. It's something a psycho would do.

Plus, legality =/= morality. Yeah, legally, MJ might be innocent at the end of the day, but you still shouldn't sleep with children that aren't your own. It's just wrong. Same about being around 30 and hanging with 16 years old people.

I don't disagree with any of this. My point was simply to find out of this person is actually a criminal in this or not, because the OP implied that he is a straight up pedophile.

Regardless someone already pointed out that the age of consent is 18 for the location so hopefully this is taken to the authorities. No doubt that if he he has tried this once, he has probably tried it a few other times, possibly with even younger people.

KratosEnergyDrink

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 month): excusing predatory behavior toward minors
Could not stand the video, the typical youtuber yelling with little information stretched above a long video.

I think you missed the manipulation part.

In fact in many countries 14 is already age of consent.

"Date me or we are no longer friends" is the "manipulation part"?

Reading this twitter post not sounds like pedo behaviour, just two sad young people that are very inexperienced in relationships.

There is probably more going with "nappy" than just this?