• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

predict the metascore

• 95-100

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • 90-94

Votes: 48 7.0%
  • 85-89

Votes: 203 29.8%
  • 80-84

Votes: 266 39.1%
  • 75-79

Votes: 107 15.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 27 4.0%
  • under 70

Votes: 23 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YES, rub these scores...all over my face...

48-489434_metal-gear-clipart-two-venom-snake-ashes-meme.png

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Me on VG247: https://www.vg247.com/2019/11/13/pokemon-sword-shield-review/

3 Stars.
"Thus is the conundrum, the paradox. Pokemon Sword & Shield is all too often a bit disappointing, and in some places actually feels a little unfinished, but it also fully provides that warm, fuzzy feeling that one expects from the series. Crucially, even through frustration, never once did I think about putting it down, which is to its credit. It comes recommended almost for the Galar setting and new Pokemon alone, but with a long list of caveats indeed. With the level of fan hyperbole surrounding this release, that recommendation is worth repeating and underscoring – but this is not the revolution that was promised or hoped for, and some may prefer to wait for a sale or wait and see if an improved, definitive release is on the cards."

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It as the prophecies have fortold. even people are pointing to the "good" reviews as if it makes the problems not a big deal

What a world

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Geez, these reviews are insane. I imagine Eurogamer's vindicates certain assumptions, though I like how they point out that they don't have a problem whatsoever with the Dex cuts.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hilarious that people call criticism toxic, but them we already get "the babies", "they will come up with another narrative" and other dismissive comments.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't see a 9 in the streams I saw but hey it's all good I cancelled but if others are fine with it then so be it.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
High scores at IGN, Gamespot and Game Informer mean strong weighting on metacritic

What other sites are most heavily weighted?

Jurec84

Oct 27, 2017
Kotaku's Gita Jackson is happy:

There are legitimate critiques to make about Pokémon Sword and Shield. The game is challenging, sure, but it never kept me up at night. The plot is pretty lackluster; for example, nothing reaches the narrative heights of Black and White. The environments outside of cities and towns not exactly awe-inspiring, and anyone hoping for a very specific Pokémon in this game from previous entries will more likely than not be disappointed. There are times that the game holds your hand that will feel irritating if you're an adult, especially in its earliest hours. Yet after the credits rolled, I couldn't stop myself from reopening my save file. I wanted more adventure.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Kotaku:

The magic of Pokémon is that it lets you tap into a sense of wonder that becomes more and more difficult to access as an adult. Sword and Shield do that more successfully than any Pokémon release has in years. It won't be everything to everyone, and it will not make everyone happy. I'm not sure it needs to. It's a portal to a new world. And it definitely has something for Pokémon's core audience: everyone in the entire world.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Ignoring staff post; accumulated infractions
Let's hope the MC keeps dropping. Those IGN and GameSpot scores are ludicrous.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't at all prepared for the Eurogamer savaging. That honestly reads like a 5, at best.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Lmao gotta love that Eurogamer is the one major source with a negative review--many of the rest are glowing--and y'all are acting like the game is doomed.

Can't wait to play on Friday and meet some cute new Poket Monsters. Will undoubtedly be ignoring the dreaded discourse.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
None of the positive reviews seem to even reference the pacing of the game, any freedom (or lack of) given to the player and whether the game is decently balanced now that Exp share is turned on?