• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

predict the metascore

• 95-100

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • 90-94

Votes: 48 7.0%
  • 85-89

Votes: 203 29.8%
  • 80-84

Votes: 266 39.1%
  • 75-79

Votes: 107 15.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 27 4.0%
  • under 70

Votes: 23 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

babycakin

Nov 2, 2019
GameSpot a 9!? OK I did NOT see that coming lol.

EDIT: And a 9.3 from IGN. Yeah, I'm shocked rn lol

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Let's Go just fine, but a cursory glance tells you that the content's an awful lot lighter than Sword and Shield- Game Freak literally hasn't put out a game that content-light since Yellow.

Let's Go basically has no story- it isn't better, because it's barely there at all.
Sometimes less is more my friend

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"while improving what really matters". Yeah, I didn't think I could get annoyed by anything here, but this quote already is kinda offputting to say the least, like what a bunch of people care about doesn't matter.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Eurogamer wasn't impressed: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-and-shield-review-a-shadow-of-a-former-great
Where the actual consequences are felt is, firstly and most significantly, in the very spirit of the game.

The real problem with Pokémon Sword and Shield lies much deeper, or rather where that depth ought to be. There is far more than a whiff of troubled development to these games, brought about by an astonishing lack of complexity, texture, and flavour in almost every place where you'd usually find it in every Pokémon game that's come before.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand

No score.

Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield, the two latest entries in the long-running monster-catching series, signal a passing of the torch from one generation to another, all while bucking as many old trends as possible. Does this new direction work as intended? Not always. Will there be some resistance from the seasoned Pokemon crowd? Most likely. Are the games better as a result? Unequivocally, yes.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
"The last big barriers to entry for competitive play are eliminated with quality-of-life tweaks"

Except, you know, the fact that all competitive moves are now one time use TRs that you have to grind for.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Lol of course, one side keeps quoting the Gamespot review, and the other side the Eurogamer one. This thread won't end well.

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
"Sword and Shield's Wild Area is desperately flat. There will undoubtedly be a moment of shivers, if you're a long-term fan, when you first see Pokémon roaming the world and you finally get to gaze around that space yourself. But that moment will wear off when you realise you've already seen it all." - That's from Eurogamer's review. Looks like Wild Area is barely a substitute for a regular route.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
like has been stated several times already in this thread - there are far more problems other than just cut content (most are not subjective). You'll just have to wait and see the reviews to find out (unless the reviewers don't mention them for some reason).

Absolutely but the graphics are the only thing that big reviewers might care about to knock.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada