• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

predict the metascore

• 95-100

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • 90-94

Votes: 48 7.0%
  • 85-89

Votes: 203 29.8%
  • 80-84

Votes: 266 39.1%
  • 75-79

Votes: 107 15.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 27 4.0%
  • under 70

Votes: 23 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
giphy.gif

Oh boy this thread is gonna be a shitfest

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
omg i had no idea reviews were so soon?!?! literally a few minutes away aaaaa

i hope its really good...
prediction: 85
hope: 90 (we need a goddamn pokemon (and 2019 nintendo exclusive) to finally break the 90 barrier!!!!

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Gonna go with 85-86, with the enhanced and better versions that release next year getting a lower score cause enhanced edition means lower metacritic.

Wonder how low a review will have to be to not be regarded as made by paid shills.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Game Informer: 8/10
"A breath of fresh air for the Pokemon franchise, though not quite a Breath of the Wild."

Nintendo Life: 10/10
"Pretty soon, fans will look back and laugh at the fact that they were ever worried at all."

EGM: 8.5/10
"But at the end of the day, a fun game's a fun game, and Game Freak still knows it best."

IGN: 8/10
"And while the amount of linearity is undeniably disappointing, there's still plenty to love in Nintendo's latest."

Destructoid: 8.5/10
"I stayed up until 4AM last night to finish this game by review time, and I've had a pretty, pretty, pretty good journey."

GameSpot: 7.5/10
"It's hard not to wish things were brighter in foggy not-London."

Eurogamer: (Recommended)
"That said, Pokemon's glory days might be behind it. But like an old dog, Nintendo can still learn tricks where it counts."

Kotaku: (Unscored)
"I named my Scorbunny after my ex-boyfriend in fear of these divisive releases, but in the end I really wish I hadn't done that. All is well in Galar, chaps."

Stevivor: 3/10
"Hideo Kojima has once again tricked millions into believing he is everything that he is not."

Quoting this again because I want to know how accurate it was lol

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
omg i had no idea reviews were so soon?!?! literally a few minutes away aaaaa

i hope its really good...
prediction: 85
hope: 90 (we need a goddamn pokemon (and 2019 nintendo exclusive) to finally break the 90 barrier!!!!

www.metacritic.com

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition for Switch game reviews & Metacritic score: Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age tells a captivating tale of a hunted hero and is the long-awaited role-playing game from series creator Yuji Horii, ch...

Deleted member 19218

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I predict people will get angry regardless of the outcome

The most popular choice in the poll is 80-84 and I imagine it's quite realistic. I imagine those that dislike the game will point out that while it's a good score it's not an amazing score and those that like the game will point out that it's a good score and not a bad score.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
People respect honest reviews. You owe the fans and the developer an honest review.
what is a honest review though ?
One that agrees with the bias of the reader ?

Edit: To me the only ways a review can be dishonest is if they state factually wrong things, or if the score does not match the actual content of the review.
Like imagine if Gamexplain made a review where they shred the game, mention no positives and then rate it "Loved it".

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think if nothing else, SwSh is going to stand as a litmus test on why people play Pokémon. Because I know for a fact that stuff like NatDex cuts, Exp Share, move cuts, GTS, etc. had me reflecting on the way I usually play these games, and as sad as I am to see a lot of things go, I never exactly got a lot out of these things. NatDex is probably the one that stings the most, but without Pokémon Home I likely wouldn't be able to get all my old favorites before such a time that I'll have laid the game down to rest, and without the NatDex, things like GTS is mostly useless to me.

I'm not going to pretend as if that's the common consensus or anything, but I think it will be valuable insight to consider with the reviews. I think most people already have their mind made up on if they're getting the game or not, mainly because they know what they want out of the series and whether SwSh is going to provide them that or not.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
85+. As sad as it is for me to think about it, no way will the reviewers care at all about the missing features and such. It's Pokemon.

Dec 2, 2017
'Whilst it is a shame so Pokemon are missing, Gamefreak have done an incredible/outstanding job in making the game feel so good and flow so smoothly, you/I won't miss them too much'

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I do not envy the reviewers that will be outliners with the very high and very low scores.

5s and 9s will be weaponized for months.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
B2W2 is the second worst game too I think.

Metascore for Pokémon is all wrong.
You can understand it with the second versions though, I think critics have a different criteria on scores. Its more about how much has been added to make the new purchase worth it, and that's why they usually score lower than the base games.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Questioning the reviewers abilities for a game we haven't played doesn't make much sense. Wait till you play it before accusing critics of being wrong.
1. I didn't question the ability of the reviewers.
2. I got my early copy this morning.

3. I watched streams, the datamining and co I know full well what the issues of the games are.

If you don't, then don't @ me.

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping it will be civil, but unless there is a wide variance of review scores the internet will probably be a mess. High scores will have people raging over reviewers ignoring the issues, low scores will have people raging on game freak and the game (more than currently).

I honestly have no idea where reviewers will land. Guessing mid to high 80s, and I hope despite the listed issues it's a fun game a lot of people will enjoy.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
pgljRQC.gif

Got my steelbook copy preordered. Not sure what I'm more looking forward to, that or the review meltdowns.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping for the best. I know I said countless time I would pick up the game regardless but I saw all the issues and considering the price is 60€ this time, it really hurt but I will skip a mainline for the first time ever.
Maybe glowing reviews will change my mind so wait and see.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Game Informer: 8/10
"A breath of fresh air for the Pokemon franchise, though not quite a Breath of the Wild."

Nintendo Life: 10/10
"Pretty soon, fans will look back and laugh at the fact that they were ever worried at all."

EGM: 8.5/10
"But at the end of the day, a fun game's a fun game, and Game Freak still knows it best."

IGN: 8/10
"And while the amount of linearity is undeniably disappointing, there's still plenty to love in Nintendo's latest."

Destructoid: 8.5/10
"I stayed up until 4AM last night to finish this game by review time, and I've had a pretty, pretty, pretty good journey."

GameSpot: 7.5/10
"It's hard not to wish things were brighter in foggy not-London."

Eurogamer: (Recommended)
"That said, Pokemon's glory days might be behind it. But like an old dog, Nintendo can still learn tricks where it counts."

Kotaku: (Unscored)
"I named my Scorbunny after my ex-boyfriend in fear of these divisive releases, but in the end I really wish I hadn't done that. All is well in Galar, chaps."

Stevivor: 3/10
"Hideo Kojima has once again tricked millions into believing he is everything that he is not."
Leaving this here so I can come back to it. Nostradamus tier post.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's Go has a 79 and blows this game out of the water in terms of polish, content, and story. It does a lot more new stuff too.

There are only 151 Pokémon of course, but reviewers aren't allowed to care about that (game is for kids)

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
You can understand it with the second versions though, I think critics have a different criteria on scores. Its more about how much has been added to make the new purchase worth it, and that's why they usually score lower than the base games.

Yeah but we also have SM with a lower score than XY and that is really a sin lol.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
From what I've seen, I think this game deserves around a 70, from what I know about reviewers and their generally casual nature as fans of Pokémon (for the most part) I'm expecting 80/85 and it really saddens me as I think it'll hinder us getting the major changes next game that this franchise not only needs, but deserves.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Gonna go with 85-86, with the enhanced and better versions that release next year getting a lower score cause enhanced edition means lower metacritic.

Wonder how low a review will have to be to not be regarded as made by paid shills.
Honestly any game made and shipped in 2019 with PS2 tier pop in and multiple rough edges across the board getting a score above 80 should be highly questionable, however that standard exists for anything but Pokemon. I'll just see the scores, read the reviews and laugh without giving them a second read cause the majority of the games issues are gonna be glossed over.