• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The football theme kinda sucks imo. The UK has such rich history like the holy island of Lindisfarne, the haunted Shambles of York and the mythical Tintagel and yet they opt for fuckin football. Really? :/ As a Brit, very disappointing.

Having football themed gym battles doesn't remove other themes and settings from the game (of which we haven't seen all that much of). Usually Gym/Kahuna battle locales were pretty generic in comparison.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I like how this fake leak just assumes there will be exactly zero new characters that haven't been revealed yet lol

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Yeah, calling fake. Will be ridiculous if the towns are all football-inspired, which would mean the region was created after the game. What is the significance of the region name Galar even?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Oh lord, must we treat everything posted on anonymous boards as possible?

I feel we've has an abnormal amount of real leaks for this game compared to other pokemon gen cycles where we get a lot of fake rumors.

This one may be fake, but we'll just have to wait and see till we know more as per usual with any rumor.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Even ignoring that it's 4chan for a second, it seems highly suspect that Zacian/Zamazenta wouldn't have their own separate theme from the normal legendaries.

Also, if Looker appears, I half-expect them to reuse his XY theme like SM did lol. Since the music went from sequenced to streamed, they don't need to redo older themes for them to work in newer games. A good example is the mirage spot/ultra wormhole legendaries.

Oct 26, 2017
Even ignoring that it's 4chan for a second, it seems highly suspect that Zacian/Zamazenta wouldn't have their own separate theme from the normal legendaries.

Also, if Looker appears, I half-expect them to reuse his XY theme like SM did lol. Since the music went from sequenced to streamed, they don't need to redo older themes for them to work in newer games. A good example is the mirage spot/ultra wormhole legendaries.

Legendaries have had completely unique themes before, take HGSS for example where both Lugia and Ho-oh had their own battle theme.
EDIT: I can't read.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Oh lord, must we treat everything posted on anonymous boards as possible?
I mean its something new in twrms of creativity, so you gotta give em that.
I like how this fake leak just assumes there will be exactly zero new characters that haven't been revealed yet lol
There is actually 1 new character below Looker, but yeah it suspect. Like I said the overworld music has lots of holes, like:
-No starting Town Forest
-Only One Cave Music when there are 2 caves hidden on the map.
-No giant Wall behind Dragon City Music
-Only Two Rotom Bike functions when we know there are likely more.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Legendaries have had completely unique themes before, take HGSS for example where both Lugia and Ho-oh had their own battle theme.
EDIT: I can't read.
Yeah that's what I'm saying. You would expect it to be "Battle! (Zacian/Zamazenta)" and "Battle! (Legendary)" instead of just the latter.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I feel we've has an abnormal amount of real leaks for this game compared to other pokemon gen cycles where we get a lot of fake rumors.

This one may be fake, but we'll just have to wait and see till we know more as per usual with any rumor.
Isn't the only confirmed leak the very first one? As far as know we didn't get any other

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Biggest eyebrow raiser over the last couple of pages isn't the CD rumor but that there are people who still deny that Charjabug is a traincar/bus. Very upset by this.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The was only one leak

Also that song list is missing camping I think

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Joe, no, not you too... please... 😭
Its ability is Battery.

It's a 9 Volt Battery

91814.jpg

737.png

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling that Charjabug is the most popular middle-staged Pokémon.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
There's a rumour going around on 4chan regarding the 24 Hour Broadcast:

"I am one of the handful responsible for writing the "script" of the upcoming Glimwood Tangle 24hr livestream. I write script in quotes because we're actually a part of the accessibility team, and are transcribing the video to supply an accurate set of captions. The team I am a part of was only supplied with the source files the same day as the stream was revealed. Due to the strict accuracy requirements from TPC marketing department and the sheer size of the stream, we've broken the feed into quarters.

It's my job to transcribe 0600-1200 of the livestream. I haven't watched all 6 hours straight, but I've scrubbed through to look for highlights. Beyond captioning Pokémon cries and environmental noises, there are also short interactions with Sonia shortly after each new Pokemon is revealed. Here's what I have so far:

-a Breloom and some shroomish walking slowly
-jigglypuff floating between tree branches and singing
-morellull constantly moving around back and forth
-kricketune comes out of a bush and plays a melody
-every so often the ground shakes and bushes rustle
-nidoran male cry followed by nidoran female cry
-more bush rustling
-two galarian nidoran male and female emerge from bush and play energetically.
-Sonia talks to us about the two forms
-they run off as nidorino and nidorina cries play
-more bush rustling
-one of each galarian form emerge from opposite sides of screen
-Sonia comes back and talks more
-The screen shakes, and all Pokémon scatter.

-A small bird Pokémon we haven't seen before flies quickly out of tree and off-screen. It was orange and blueish?
-galarian nidoqueen and nidoking appear and roar
-they eat some berries and take nap on screen
-nidoking snores
-mist forms
-they wake up and leave from opposite side they came in

That's all the content i had. Keep in mind there is anywhere from 2 minutes to 30 minutes between these events. The Sonia screens are kept up for around 5 minutes each.

The galarian nidorans look pretty similar to kanto variants. Both inner ears are slightly darker. Male has two horns instead of one, and is slightly more red in color. Female is an even paler blue, and has a small tiara of horns. Nidorino is a slightly darker shade of the color galarian nidoran is. It has two rows of spikes on its back instead of one and the ones on its head get longer. Nidorina's tiara gets slightly bigger and her belly is slightly darker than her body. Nidoking has a large spike on either side of his tail, like a "T", and spikes on his shoulders. Everything else grows like normal. Nidoqueen tiara is shortish and has small bracelets of spikes. Their belly's are both darker than normal. Sonia explains they are Fairy/Ground type and have the choice between new abilities Friend Guard, which reduces damage done to allies, and Pedigree, which boosts damage done by moves learned from its parents.

Today at work I'll ask the others what they had on their portions. I'm curious if my section had more or less content than the others. I'll come back after work and post more after they tell me."

"

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain

"I am one of the handful responsible for writing the "script" of the upcoming Glimwood Tangle 24hr livestream. I write script in quotes because we're actually a part of the accessibility team, and are transcribing the video to supply an accurate set of captions. The team I am a part of was only supplied with the source files the same day as the stream was revealed. Due to the strict accuracy requirements from TPC marketing department and the sheer size of the stream, we've broken the feed into quarters.

It's my job to transcribe 0600-1200 of the livestream. I haven't watched all 6 hours straight, but I've scrubbed through to look for highlights. Beyond captioning Pokémon cries and environmental noises, there are also short interactions with Sonia shortly after each new Pokemon is revealed. Here's what I have so far:

-more bush rustling
-more bush rustling

-A small bird Pokémon we haven't seen before flies quickly out of tree and off-screen. It was orange and blueish?
-nidoking snores
-mist forms

That's all the content i had. Keep in mind there is anywhere from 2 minutes to 30 minutes between these events. The Sonia screens are kept up for around 5 minutes each.

The galarian nidorans look pretty similar to kanto variants. Both inner ears are slightly darker. Male has two horns instead of one, and is slightly more red in color. Female is an even paler blue, and has a small tiara of horns. Nidorino is a slightly darker shade of the color galarian nidoran is. It has two rows of spikes on its back instead of one and the ones on its head get longer. Nidorina's tiara gets slightly bigger and her belly is slightly darker than her body. Nidoking has a large spike on either side of his tail, like a "T", and spikes on his shoulders. Everything else grows like normal. Nidoqueen tiara is shortish and has small bracelets of spikes. Their belly's are both darker than normal. Sonia explains they are Fairy/Ground type and have the choice between new abilities Friend Guard, which reduces damage done to allies, and Pedigree, which boosts damage done by moves learned from its parents.

Today at work I'll ask the others what they had on their portions. I'm curious if my section had more or less content than the others. I'll come back after work and post more after they tell me."

"

This is... a bit underwhelming if it's true. Galarian forms for yet another Kanto Pokémon (I'm so sick of Kanto, please stop) and a bird.

Hopefully there will be more.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
That sounds pretty neat. Very detailed for something that will be easily debunked very quickly into the stream, so I'm gonna lean towards real for now.

Not happy about yet more gen 1 regional forms but these at least sound interesting. the king and queen theme being exaggerated is fun, and the pedigree ability could be interesting

He does state though that Sonia gives info on each new pokemon shown but doesnt comment on the new bird pokemon? That's odd unless it's just a teaser for the bird to be officially revealed later

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
This is... a bit underwhelming if it's true. Galarian forms for yet another Kanto Pokémon (I'm so sick of Kanto, please stop) and a bird.

Hopefully there will be more.
I am pretty sure he stated that this is not everything and he just knows a bit of the 24 hour live stream

That sounds pretty neat. Very detailed for something that will be easily debunked very quickly into the stream, so I'm gonna lean towards real for now.

Not happy about yet more gen 1 regional forms but these at least sound interesting.

He does state though that Sonia gives info on each new pokemon shown but doesnt comment on the new bird pokemon? That's odd unless it's just a teaser for the bird to be officially revealed later
What the person is describing according to him is only a bit of the live stream

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France

It's my job to transcribe 0600-1200 of the livestream. I haven't watched all 6 hours straight, but I've scrubbed through to look for highlights.
Unless this dude clearly wants to lose his job, this is fake. No one would clearly explain who he is like that when leaking something.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

Not happy about yet more gen 1 regional forms but these at least sound interesting. the king and queen theme being exaggerated is fun, and the pedigree ability could be interesting

Considering that what he is describing is 6 hours at most. Then it's likely it could be revealed later in the stream

Unless this dude clearly wants to lose his job, this is fake. No one would clearly explain who he is like that when leaking something.
I mean Affleck Leak pretty much did that, mind you he was angry

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017

-more bush rustling
-more bush rustling

-nidoking snores
-mist forms

"
Fake AF. I don't understand why people go through so much effort to make up such boring leaks lol