• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even see all mythicals as "legendary", some of the later ones just feel like DLC characters to me. Volcanion, Marshadow, Zeraora and Meltan almost feel like normal Pokemon to me haha

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I miss when event pokemon had cool locations where you fought them. It just adds to the sense of wonder

the hall of origin will forever be the sickest shit (even though it was never officially a thing)

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
it's cause they're barely related to the games they're apart of

there's like no lore about them within the games like everything pre-gen 6
Mew and Celebi at least exist in the lore of the region they're part of. There's all the journal entries in the mansion and Celebi's shrine is a direct reference to it. Arceus also gets a shoutout with the various lore bits tied to the plates in Sinnoh and the direct connection it has with the box legendaries.

Heck even Victini got the not-statue-of-liberty island to go with it and Keldeo has ties to the Swords of Justice and the marsh.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
You can believe what you want (that's actually something encouraged by TPC), but just don't go saying that's the official thing :P

It's now offical because I said so.

source.gif

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Yeah Heatran was the only gen 4 legend that was iffy, as far as i know, the only thing special about him is that he lives in a vulcano and he had barely been seen lol

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why Gamefreak even creates legendaries anymore if they're going to half ass them as basic event Pokemon and not include quests/cool locations to find them. They're basically just creatures to center movies around nowadays and it's incredibly disappointing

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
I just realized that we're probably not getting Heatran nor Cresselia on SwSh... oh well

I'll have to wait for next year then

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On another discussion.
The fact that we may have a new competitive scene without any ultra beasts/mega evolution/most legendary means it could get a lot more balanced simply by default rather than because of some stats adjustments. When you check out the uber list on smogon, out of the 64 (including each different form) banned Pokémon, 62 are either mega evolutions, ultra beasts or legendaries. The only one that isn't any of those is Aegislash (absolutely based).

I think we'll still have a few uber legendaries in the game but if they balance them, maybe we won't even need an uber tier at all.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why Gamefreak even creates legendaries anymore if they're going to half ass them as basic event Pokemon and not include quests/cool locations to find them. They're basically just creatures to center movies around nowadays and it's incredibly disappointing

Ties to the abysmal lack of secondary quests in the games.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
The entire mythical/legendary split will never not be dumb.

Outside of GameFreak's marketing department, no one cares to separate them. And most casual Pokemon fans either ignore or are outright unaware of the mythical tag, and just call them all legendaries regardless.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The distinction between legendaries and mythicals is beyond stupid and will continue to ignore its existence.

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of doing a randomizer nuzlocke of Emerald to build up my hype for Sword and Shield.

Thinking of using these parameters for the randomizer:
  • Randomized trainer Pokemon
    • Swapping with pokemon of similar strength
    • All trainer pokemon will be forced to be fully evolved at level 36
  • Randomized Starter Pokemon
    • Must be a pokemon with two evolutions.
    • Randomized held item (no bad items)
  • Randomize Static Pokemon (Encountered in overworld, gift pokemon, revived fossils)
  • Change impossible evolutions (trade, trade with held item, use of night/day system)

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the distinction between mythical and legendary doesn't bug me because like I said earlier the mythicals (which as far as I know is a localized term) don't always have the same kind of "gravitas" the legendaries do, some are just very rare Pokemon. Like what's legendary about Meltan? It's on Ash's team in the cartoon like any other Pokemon lol

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
I think the only thing I actually wanna see from the datamine is the number of new pokemon in the game (and I'm even contemplating avoiding that just incase its a a low number, since it'd probably deflate my hype a bit)

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
Have they elaborated on how Pokemon Home is going to work with Pokemon Bank (if at all) and older games? All my Pokemon are currently sat in Bank, and I don't know whether to keep them there or not. I know not all Pokemon will be compatible with SwSh, but do we know anything about the ones that are?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but once you catch it and you have it on your box, or your party, or if you receive a Butterfree from a trade, how are you gonna be able to tell if it Gigantamaxes or if it only Dynamaxes, before going into battle? Is it a mark, an ability, a move, an item?
Probably from the stats screen, there's still that weird part about "Dynamax levels" we don't know about

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have they elaborated on how Pokemon Home is going to work with Pokemon Bank (if at all) and older games? All my Pokemon are currently sat in Bank, and I don't know whether to keep them there or not. I know not all Pokemon will be compatible with SwSh, but do we know anything about the ones that are?

You will be able to transfer all Pokémon from your Bank to HOME, whether or not they're in the Galar pokédex. So supposedly since HOME will have additional features, you'd be better off to transfer all of them as soon as you can.

pokemon-home.jpg

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but once you catch it and you have it on your box, or your party, or if you receive a Butterfree from a trade, how are you gonna be able to tell if it Gigantamaxes or if it only Dynamaxes, before going into battle? Is it a mark, an ability, a move, an item?
I've been really curious about this as well

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
i found out about it this year i think,

its weird haha

Mew is not a legendary right? it is a mythical

Not trying to attack you or something, because I know not everyone is aware, but we had an entire year of Mythical distributions for the 20th anniversary.

That was highly publicized across their social media platforms, I think we even had some Youtube videos, and they were tied with TCG sets too

maxresdefault.jpg

P2443_290-80095_01.jpg

312fbe97-35b7-41b2-9c7e-b187bf2af5ee_1.1dab99bfe29ecef3892a41d828a4553a.jpeg

I admit there wasn't much talk about it before (when they started doing the distinction outside of Japan) but I think they've made it more evident in recent years.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Mythicals are supposed to be unique in the world?

Different from, say, Lugia, that actually had offspring in the anime...

Nov 14, 2017
my assumption is that the dynamax level will determine it, and raid Pokemon that start out gigamaxed will just come with a maxed out level from the start

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not trying to attack you or something, because I know not everyone is aware, but we had an entire year of Mythical distributions for the 20th anniversary.

That was highly publicized across their social media platforms, I think we even had some Youtube videos, and they were tied with TCG sets too

maxresdefault.jpg

P2443_290-80095_01.jpg

312fbe97-35b7-41b2-9c7e-b187bf2af5ee_1.1dab99bfe29ecef3892a41d828a4553a.jpeg

I admit there wasn't much talk about it before (when they started doing the distinction outside of Japan) but I think they've made it more evident in recent years.

this is why i know there was a difference

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually didn't mind that much at the time because Sinnoh was filled with so much history and legends

Same, plus each of the legendary Pokémon in Sinnoh actually had a role and lore to fulfill. So I ended up liking it more as it added to the mystery.

It's things like Phione that didn't really need to exist at all.

I actually like Phione as it's a real world reflection on how sea temperature can have an affect on sea marine life.

I've honestly had like zero interest in catching event Pokémon ever since they did away with this.

Same, I barely remember the new one and I didn't even bothered getting Zeraora.

Ever since gen 6, event Pokémon have existed in their own little bubble and don't really fit with the Pokémon world as the game does not acknowledge them via lore or folks tales.

For example with Zeraora, I am like okay it exist but what is its connection with Alola and what is its lore?

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Trolling, Prior infraction for similar behavior
careful, you'll get reported for lazy dev rhetoric by poke-stans.