• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
just a heads up, i've been notified that i have to remove the spoiler free notice from the OP of the review thread tomorrow once the thread is reopened. so proceed with caution...

The fuck? Staying out of that then.

Why would you do that, mods? TV shows threads aren't allowed spoilers until the episode airs, why the double standard?

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always consider Pokémon games as sort of a comfort food. No matter how bad things are, I always enjoy my time with them.

Just to be clear, this is not the complete list, but this is a spoiler-free thread, so we can't post that list here.
Could you send me a pm on
new pokemon
Galar Darmanitan exclusivity?
this is a make it or break it choice for me
just a heads up, i've been notified that i have to remove the spoiler free notice from the OP of the review thread tomorrow once the thread is reopened. so proceed with caution...
Thats... ridiculous? Why are leaks all of a sudden free range in a review thread?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf ? Even the reviewers cannot disclose everything until Friday (according to Stealth). What's the reasoning behind it ?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Era staff, can we get an explanation for this? Really shitty for people who just want to read reviews and avoid spoiler minefields.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
WTF? Are reviews going to spoiler the game too? I'll have to ignore the review thread while searching for reviews...

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Imagine if the next MCU movie review thread allowed everyone to just post leaks straight up in it.. there'd be uproar.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
User Warned: Modwhining, please be sure to report any posts that are against the site FAQ.
Mods have always been biased towards the people angry at the games, so it makes sense they allow them to ruin it for others.

kinda feel bad i brought up that metacritic tweet in the first place, how could they get that wrong ?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Frankly, I must say that the moderation has been very disappointing and uneven regarding Pokemon threads.

I cannot understand to this day how the #thankyouGameFreak thread was locked after 3 pages when other threads based on nothing but speculation have prospered.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah i don't think this has anything to do specifically with pokemon, there was no spoiler-free policy with death stranding's review thread either
BUT
the difference is DS reviews came a week before the release and at that point the game wasn't leaked, but pokemon leaks are widespread and every little detail is already out there.

Can someone page a mod for some explanation ? I still don't understand the logic behind this move.
i've PMed a mod, waiting for an answer.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's hard enough to stop people from posting spoilers in the spoiler free thread. Who wants to be the person that has to handle trying to stop that mess? No matter what you'll be hated. People who want to spoil it will be mad they're getting "silence" and people who don't want spoilers will be angry at the process being too slow to ban people.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
I think what's happening here now that the game has been dumped people are playing and I think every glitch someone encounters is going to get sensationalized by the negative preaching members of the fan base to prove a point and feel good about themselves, we'll see tomorrow I guess with the reviews if there are really a lot of glitches.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Not a single post has said anything of the sort. Christ, I'll be honest I don't think I've seen a post of yours in the past week that isn't filled with this persecutory nonsense. Maybe take a step back from these threads or the forum if it goes to your head this much.
Maybe nothing to that specific extent, but there were already people saying that SwSh will only get over a 70 if critics are biased or because its Pokemon. That is unbelievably toxic, even if it isn't outright saying they are shitstains.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
There is a specific thread for all leaked spoilers for people who want to read and discuss them. The review thread should not be one of them, because the key word here is leaked.

Nov 4, 2019
How about two review threads? One with spoilers, one without. But what are spoilers in a review thread? Are new things mentioned in the reviews still spoilers?

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you guys want a spoiler-free, positive thread about Pokemon, you have that option here. Whining about moderation accomplishes neither of those goals.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Curious how this game does in both sales and reviews. I haven't bought a pokemon game since silver and won't be jumping in this time either. Still not enough new or interesting to draw me in.

After playing through about half of pokemon white and hating it, I'm still waiting for the series to excite me again.

There's a lot of people disappointed about specific features being cut, but the overall experience could still be a good one.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
How about two review threads? One with spoilers, one without. But what are spoilers in a review thread? Are new things mentioned in the reviews still spoilers?
I think there should be a guideline that one can discuss the contents of reviews, and if they contain new information, that's fair game. Anything else, though, specially considering the information revealed via data mining, should be tagged.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Curious how this game does in both sales and reviews. I haven't bought a pokemon game since silver and won't be jumping in this time either. Still not enough new or interesting to draw me in.

After playing through about half of pokemon white and hating it, I'm still waiting for the series to excite me again.

There's a lot of people disappointed about specific features being cut, but the overall experience could still be a good one.

It will do well both in sales and reviews. Most of the outrage comes from the more "hardcore" sector, which is a small percentage of the fanbase. Even if all of them suddenly decided not to buy the game, it would be just a small dent in sales. Most reviewers don't care about the more competitive aspect, and aside from some technical flaws, the game will still be a fun RPG adventure that everyone can enjoy, so it will review well.