• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
How is everyone feeling about the new region? I know we aint played it yet but the aesthetic, what are your thoughts?

A football loving country with Scottish countrysides and industrial revolution era cities is quite different from the Hawaiian and Parisian based locations.
tbh I'm really liking it and can't wait to see more when exploring it myself. Alola wasn't bad by any means but it just wasn't for me, the Hawaiian atmosphere got old and I wasn't a fan of all the separate islands.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Take a load of this, #TeamPure brats!
images

Jun 2, 2019
I mean GTS was almost all people asking for lvl 100 legendaries for their weedle anyway, I got useful trades off of there once in a blue moon, but finding randoms to trade with in persona has always had better results so idk

Yeah, but to be fair if you asked for fair trades you got what you wanted pretty quickly

Oh well, the GTS made completing the pokedex a trivial matter. It's a regression I don't actually like, but it's not the end of the world. Maybe they'll put something similar in place on Home

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
Pokemon releases are always a bit of an event to me. To maximize the quality of launch day I think I'm gonna clean my room, buy a mini christmas tree for my desk, and order a pizza so I can be as comfy as possible.

It's weird. When S/M launched I felt no excitement (probably due to the rapidfire news updates + datamine) and waited till like 9pm that night to pick up my pre order. I played for an hour then put it down.

But for Sw/Sh, I literally cannot wait to get my hands on this game.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
My feelings is that the GTS has probably shifted to HOME, which brings me an unresounding meh

We know for a fact HOME has trade functionality and it has access to all Pokémon so it makes sense

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
My feelings is that the GTS has probably shifted to HOME, which brings me an unresounding meh

We know for a fact HOME has trade functionality and it has access to all Pokémon so it makes sense

oof, this wont roll over well with people. It's better than being completely removed from the series though, I guess.

Jun 2, 2019
Speaking about home, it's supposed to work with both the 3DS games and Go, isn it? So I guess it'll either have an exclusive 3DS app or will need our nnid to read the content of our bank.

If nothing about it has been found in the datamining (I guess, since no one has mentioned anything) then either they'll patch it later at Home launch or it will work indirectly like Bank

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017

I already feel deflated about the removal of the GTS, the online functionality in Let's Go was awful. I hope the GTS isn't tied to a subscription fee/paid app. That functionality should be part of the game.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I already feel deflated about the removal of the GTS, Let's Go's online functionality was awful. I hope the GTS isn't tied to a subscription fee/paid app. That functionality should be in game.
Don't forget that the game does not have Let's Go functionality for online

I feel like people are forgetting this element of the game and are just looking at "Link Codes...OMG". From there you can connect with players on your lists without needing a code

Ilagee

Nov 4, 2017
I really feel dumb enjoying waiting for this game and expecting to enjoy it when I see the quantity of dramatic threads I have to ignore everyday.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
Jun 2, 2019
I feel like people are forgetting this element of the game and are just looking at "Link Codes...OMG". From there you can connect with players on your lists without needing a code

Well to he fair, they haven't made a big deal of this like they did for the PSS, so there's a point on misinformed people getting it wrong.

We knew how the PSS worked fairly early

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, who really needs the GTS? Just ask your friends and if you don't have any then go to the OT and ask for a trade. I've found people on here to be extremely helpful with trades.

Nov 4, 2019
I like the GTS. When completing a living dex in ORAS I asked for final evolutions and would breed for the prevo's. The Pokémon I received had ribbons, sometimes from multiple generations. They had actually been used, a history. Unlike the freshly caught Pokémon and near perfect breedjects on wonder trade that have not seen a battle once.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I think the GTS made sense precisely for getting Pokémon from previous generations that you probably didn't have, if you didn't play the past versions.

But since now there aren't more Pokémon than the ones within the region of the game we're playing, there really aren't many reasons to have a whole GTS. If any it would only be for those who don't have a friend or relative with the opposite version. It makes more sense if it's now on HOME which would be the only place (of whatever kind) that can host all the existing Pokémon.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
GTS was really great, i used it especially on XY at first, previous to the opening of the bank, to get version exclusives and some hidden habilities or especially... viridion formes. but im not against some new way of trading.
i only hope there is not ONLY the Y-Comm (and i know it will be one of the best features of the game coming from what the PSS meant for XY/ORAS)

wonder trade is ok, and fighting friends or randoms is the greatest pleasure, but i tent to avoid trading with randoms. i dont want to lose time being asked for a mewtwo for a starter or things like that

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I've tried to be more positive about the games than a lot of the other posters who've read all the datamine stuff but I find the lack of GTS something that's really hard to defend. Even if it's still workable making the player have to seek out random partners in the hope they'll trade them version exclusives instead of just being able to put a listing up is a massive, massive step backwards.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No GTS sucks. I can't say it inconveniences me all that much because I have a full living dex, but there's still no good reason to remove it. My guess is that it will be in Home in some fashion but I know that's not something that folks would be happy about anyway. I hope there's more to that than we know.

I think I'm gonna pass on the OT and even take a break from Era for a bit. These last few days have really sucked all the fun out of the release and have had me questioning my future here. I just want to enjoy the game on my own with my friends. I don't really see the board being all that fun to read when the games hit, so yeah.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
No GTS sucks. I can't say it inconveniences me all that much because I have a full living dex, but there's still no good reason to remove it. My guess is that it will be in Home in some fashion but I know that's not something that folks would be happy about anyway. I hope there's more to that than we know.

I think I'm gonna pass on the OT and even take a break from Era for a bit. These last few days have really sucked all the fun out of the release and have had me questioning my future here. I just want to enjoy the game on my own with my friends. I don't really see the board being all that fun to read when the games hit, so yeah.

I am one of the champions of hype for this game and lemme tell you... the OT will be a good place to be. Constructive criticism and excitement and people actually playing the game will be there. And most people trashing the games will end up buying it anyway. Lol

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

This makes me reconsider my choice for which language I should play at. I wanted to choose english so I could keep up in this forum and switch to a "broader" language.

Now I'm slowly opting for german instead, so I can better communicate with my friends, and just enjoy it in my inner circle, like you're saying.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Yeah, lack of GTS sucks. I didn't use it that much, but it was a great idea and it's very weird that it isn't here anymore. I guess it's not as important now because you can get almost all the Pokémon in the game by yourself, but still.

Jun 2, 2019
I think i'll take a break off era until release, it's getting unhealthy (pokémon wise) aside of this thread. Thankfully i'm getting a new 3D printer i'll need to calibrate and try so i'll be busy this week (The last one had a waek Y axis and had to send it back)

I mean i knew it would get rowdy over here, but not THAT rowdy. Fuck, even the guy who opened a thread praising Sakurai and the Smash team put an attack to Masuda and Ohmori with no reason. I mean fuck that, honestly.

By the way these were my last prints before sending back the printer (The Pikachu is for my friend, but it doesn't stand on its feet, and the Eevee is for me, since each of us went for Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee respectively and will get the gigantamaxing pokemon). Cant wait to have the Ender 3 pro in my desktop

Eb5fCX2OYq39BRRYGGsWg1VINhyEJh_2-us6i5EE-u_1p6mtg5g4E3eVvOAYHbkU826JZhAkaOA8Qq8qKo7tR65hyONxJMv0_2N7pEghA8acfn1eFxDMktn-qrm6LdZdDv2BIGcdNRQdJcjqjEbmC6raXo8NwS_2-tsXSTgQ9G_s2TUCYTmu_GnekRF0-8jsHDHzK6YBz1231BSBo1lDfhMPNcmox3yrTtpBSowr9FrUuVDWzkOTPog3XlcwxpyjyJcIP2cmKLQ0Q7GbxeKH8ZYRatZ292t24m3N7spbKrKGmD10kR6KizlxGzgxwrsFwbuH_1Wt84_nIjd43sYwP0wjGGKeqUqgcNeE1U3sYIs9t2dfdH11Ac-SSVUAhmOyjJKzsub8S9hnx7oX8rl8wmWFIGqbrOgz8h3jC2ElxPa4dtPF6td0Glo5MiLWv4fiRRxcX7p_38I6BiBrjyogQ1e2PRxn1FBMCsMntAul1oTako7IbTXX-n-vKSyHidR9U1Ctzn1eyWYDqYtSZlSNKKypbNOO7bv_ZPQVOAPMenhUpppJsGU51bKwuXb_ermlJUvb173ggJCpJOr2spRmLthVdeqPOuMpB_rbKTdKYTo4Q1HUOzMr8G4WPcvDe6iJOjeovZ7qGHtzbMTu8HDK7cdxaq1faBW-t0OD0zmDOl7KLEVVCe2Z8mg=w1920-h924-no

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I feel partly to blame for those saying they'll have to take a break from Era as I was part of the fighting when the leaks started happening. All I can say is I'm sorry :/.

Also I think the staff here need to reflect on how they've handled all of this over the last 5+ months. What they have done has not really worked and I feel like people haven't had a place here to calmly discuss Pokemon.

coconut gun

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Ignoring Staff Post; Recent Warning for Antagonistic Behavior
the irony of all the people itt saying that they're gonna take a break from era for a few days is that all of the mouth breathers having meltdowns in the spoiler threads are the ones that would probably benefit most from logging the hell off for a few days

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
the irony of all the people itt saying that they're gonna take a break from era for a few days is that all of the mouth breathers having meltdowns in the spoiler threads are the ones that would probably benefit most from logging the hell off for a few days
Can we not do this? There's no reason to insult other posters in a completely different thread.