• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
It's not surprising. The new generational titles always outsell the remakes, and I didn't expect things to change this time

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Don't post Benji tweets. He doesn't want it posted here, and it gets locked by moderation too.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think we ought to be hearing similar stories soon but yeah I don't think Benji likes having threads about his info

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll go the XY route or the SM route.

It looks like Sinnoh is next on the docket judging by merch leaks, but we can always get Max Sword and Shield in 2021.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not personally surprised by this though I know some were hoping for the opposite. Always thought it was never in doubt but now it's really not in doubt. Will be interesting to see the definitive sales in the U.K. soon.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Mat tweeted something about games that get "boycotted" seeing huge sales too, which i think was a reference to pokemon, since irc starwars was quite well reccieved.

Oct 27, 2017
On the one hand,

Goooooooood

Let's Go should stay in the trash where it belongs.

On the other hand, kinda disappointing to see that GF can deliver a product with very obvious flaws and sell like hotcakes. There is little to no incentive to address those problems if people keep buying the games.

And yet, I know I'm part of the problem, since I pre-ordered day one and still bought the game after knowing about all its issues. What can I say. I love Pokémon and I want my favorite franchise to do better. SwSh may be OK games, but this is definitely not the right direction, if you ask me.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Pikachu.jpeg

I'm enjoying it a lot, a lot more than any of the 3DS games at least.

Going pretty much blind was super refreshing, so glad I didn't give to the internet hate

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
39c05a8625f704914c7efcc716d4c8c5.jpg

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Mat Piscatella also hinting that Pokemon is selling gangbusters. Weird, I thought boycotts worked...
wwx5exndw6b11.png

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Cue the "it sells therefore your criticism and opinion were wrong, haha" snark.

When just about everyone knows the games are always going to sell massively no matter what; that's a huge part of the problem, after all.

Was also pretty clear that it would beat Let's Go, which was kinda underwhelming in sales in consideration of the Pkm + Switch factor.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Cue the "it sells therefore your criticism and opinion were wrong, haha" snark.

When just about everyone knows the games are always going to sell massively no matter what; that's a huge part of the problem, after all.

Was also pretty clear that it would beat Let's Go handidly, which was kinda underwhelming in sales in consideration of the Pkm + Switch factor.
Yep.

Its page 1 and the Modern Warfare pic has already been posted....

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Must have had a lot of new people jumping in since I know that all the people incessantly complaining about the game in every thread didn't buy it.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon sells a lot news at 11.

Like seriously, who expected the contrary ?

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Pokémon sells a lot news at 11.

Like seriously, who expected the contrary ?

Many, many people.

I thought about that while playing. It seems rather off sometimes, but with this dialogue I'm not so sure if VA would be a good addition.
I love the game, but it's a typical Pokémon story.

If nothing else it would feel better than the current weird disconnect. I'd take gibberish over characters flapping their mouths with no sounds coming out.