• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
D7sqMctWwAEcqws.jpg:large

Saikar

Nov 3, 2017
Get people in a routine of thinking about and interacting with Pokemon right when they wake up every day. That's good for keeping people thinking about Pokemon, I'm sure. The product itself will be shit but a great tool to wedge a corporation's brand in people's brains.
Absolutely, this. The last thing you think about before you go to bed, the first thing you think about in the morning, making sure you always use the app because of whatever in-game currency they give you for having it on at night... I was mortified by this announcement. It feels extremely manipulative. And very few are going to notice.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly that is just flat out absurd and borderline abusive of young people to attempt to monetize the basic human act of sleeping in that manner, disappointed in Nintendo for that crap. We all like video games and spend money on them, but trying to establish some type of 24/7 engagement with people like this just seems wrong from a company that I grew up playing Super Mario Bros and other great games at the times that my parents allowed me to do so.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I will never be able to hear this title without laughing.

Has Select Button done any other interesting projects?

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
One phrase in the presentation made me laugh so much.... "You'll look forward to waking up everyday!"
I already do that, because if I didn't wake up it means I simply died in the middle of the night and I'm way too young for that.

Murugo

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If this thing uses a gyro sensor while on top of your bed then what happens if you toss and turn frequently at night? I don't want my Pokemon to hate me because I'm a restless sleeper.

Last edited:

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was genuinely hoping they found a way to integrate pokemon into your dreams. All i have nowadays are nightmares, i need peace.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Inception

Your totem is the Pokeball Plus+. Hope you don't lose it in your dreams.

New Pokemon movie based on Pokemon Sleep to be directed by Christopher Nolan coming 2022.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
I'll get my friend to train my Pokemon when he knocks out every time he comes over my place lol

Tryxx

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I honestly don't even know why a company would waste resources on this when they could be using that man power on something people actually want. Like seriously a sleep monitor that is gonna do what exactly catch Pokémon as you sleep and hopefully catches what you want? Then do exactly what with what you caught have them in a list that has no impact on anything?

I'm usually all for new creative ideas but this is just stupid.