• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao is this for real?

Not his tweet, but the fact that people consider it to be "heartless"? Haha Jesus.

ArtemisLunar

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 13, 2018
Yeah, I think I'm done with the Pokemon Fandom forever and the internet for a while.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
He was just appreciating what a fan did. Anyone who thinks this is some kind of big deal is pathetic.

SoftTaur

Oct 25, 2017
When are we banning Nintendo Soup? So many sensationalist threads made lately with them as the source.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
SOURCE

I for one am glad Masuda's insensitivity and cruelty has been properly reproached by fans. All he had to do was stay silent, instead he decided to put his foot in his mouth.

Imagine being so self entitled to call some cruel just because he said thanks...

I didnt know Bayleef was not in the game, but even then who cares. If one Pokemon is enough reason for you not to buy the game, by all means dont buy it, but calling names people for some pixels is just a new low.

edit: I hope OP was sarcastic.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I've been plenty critical of how GameFreak has handled Dexit, but this just seems utterly and ridiculously overblown to me.

I'm also bad with sarcasm, especially online. Is the OP making a joke?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To be honest I still think we probably have a bit more Pokemon available in SwSh that will be available through methods the like two people playing the game don't have access to.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Overreaction and kind of insane thread. People need to chill the fuck out.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
" I for one am glad Masuda's insensitivity and cruelty has been properly reproached by fans. All he had to do was stay silent, instead he decided to put his foot in his mouth. "

been seein a lotta people sayin people on these forums are entirely reasonable in their criticism

checkmate, atheists

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Everyone needs to chill now.
Leave the poor guy alone. I don't agree with some of the choices in Sword and Shield but harassing this talented director is appalling.

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
Tweet of some artwork
"Thanks"

How dare you lead people on.

Some of the pokemon fandom has fucking lost its mind.
I hope all your favs aren´t in the game.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure the OP is being sarcastic, but the fact that people are not realizing this definitely speaks to how over the top parts of the fandom is right now.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
For a sec, I had to check if this was a Hard Drive article
Nintendo Soup have been pushing the whole "Game Freak are evil" angle the past few months with their articles, typically taking a tweet or two or a post on an anonymous board and treating it as a consensus

It's low tier "journalism"

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
who the heck would play the entire game with a bayleef anyway, it's a mid-evolution. Even if it was in they'd probably evolve it into a Meganium.

I love Marill but I usually bite the bullet and get the less-good Azumarill but that doesn't make me hate the game

Ohhhh I didn't realize the Japanese Pokémon fans were also insane. How's Europe??? Any hope for Europe??

people are queueing for upwards of 16 hours at the London Pokémon Center which is its own unique brand of bizarre

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I've been plenty critical of how GameFreak has handled Dexit, but this just seems utterly and ridiculously overblown to me.

I'm also bad with sarcasm, especially online. Is the OP making a joke?
OP is seemingly making a joke with his comments on the matter, but this is a legit thing that happened.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I can see how it might be weird because officially the list of Pokémon removed isn't public and it sort of lead this fan to believe it is there. It's a ridiculous overreaction for sure but when the fan appreciation is at an all time low these kind of communications are poisoned, it's kind of the rules of the game really.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
The reaction is insane, but how could anyone think that that reaction wouldn't happen? He should NOT have implied Bayleaf was in the game. It isn't that difficult.

Nov 23, 2017
Bruh chikoritas like will be in a game in like a Year or two probably. The Pokémon can be put in Pokémon home too. It still exists. How is him liking fan art bad?

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
where the hell was this backlash when Let's Go came out?

Pokemon legit had evolutions completely cut from the game, along with 6 other generations of Pokemon completely removed.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I for one am glad Masuda's insensitivity and cruelty has been properly reproached by fans. All he had to do was stay silent, instead he decided to put his foot in his mouth.
YAGpXPd.png

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This seems pretty absurd. Thanking a fan for their enthusiasm, with literally no other comment or indication about the game being made, is not cause for reproach. Being glad that someone's being barraged with a bunch of angry messages because of that thanks feels pretty mean-spirited at that. This really isn't called for.

Status
Not open for further replies.