• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
it's largely based on his LG design

pokemon-lets-red-blue-green-c9a8b.jpg
yeah but it isn't the same, it's got a few differences like the collar and the sleeves, there is still his FRLG design they could use as well

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Pikachu and Venusaur Reds are certain in my mind, only Blastoise isnt that sure because it is more related to Green and Blue
I also expect an Eevee and a Charizard Blues

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Allegedly, details about this game was leaked on a japanese Pokemon message board

Here is the full list of translated details that were leaked:

• There will be one Pokemon per trainer, called buddies - battles will be 3v3
  • While teaming with other trainers, you provide the battle instructions to each of the three Pokemon
  • Unlike traditional Pokemon games, the battle system is real time
  • There is an auto mode to use while battling
  • Pokemon trainers and Pokemon come as a set - therefore both will need to be changed when substituting during battle
  • Due to the above, it is not possible to possess the same trainer or Pokemon more than once
  • There is only one weakness per Pokemon
  • Trainers are confirmed to be a gacha element

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
trainers being in the gacha is expected, but not being able to own more than one can't possibly be right, maybe they mean you can't have more than one of the same trainer in your party at the same time, that would make more sense

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Gen one nostalgia is strong, but none of the designs for gen one generic trainers are that memorable, and I can't see any of them bringing in more money than Hex Maniac.
Xfvg08H.jpg

They all spell one star characters in a gacha game.

This post just demonstrates one of the reasons people love the old games (gen 1 in particular). The art style was on point, maybe the designs aren't all that amazing or original but the art style really sells them IMO. That's generally why I prefer the older Pokémon as well, I just prefer the art style of those games.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Many that don't allow dupes in your party, yes. There will obviously be dupes in the summon pool that will either be worthless, a mean to upgrade other copies or type of currency.
No. I meant games that don't allow you to actually get dupes. If they show up in the gacha and instead of getting a dupe unit you get currency instead, that fits with what was described there.

You can't possibly have dupes in Dragalia Lost, as an example. It works just fine.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
No. I meant games that don't allow you to actually get dupes. If they show up in the gacha and instead of getting a dupe unit you get currency instead, that fits with what was described there.

You can't possibly have dupes in Dragalia Lost, as an example. It works just fine.
That's exaclty what I just said. You get dupes, that pull is wasted, it's converted to a currency automatically but does't change the fact the pool allows for dupes being pulled.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, real-time combat? Hype instantly deflated. Ugh... And I had such high hopes for this game...

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I've seen so many people say this is going to be like Pokémon Showdown and things like that, and have main game mechanics.

It was obvious from the footage that it wasn't, though the footage implies it's still turn-based.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe an Active Time Battle system? Although I don't see much point to that when there's only one attack, unless they're planning some online competitive mode.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe an Active Time Battle system? Although I don't see much point to that when there's only one attack, unless they're planning some online competitive mode.
PvP isn't unusual for these kinds of games, so I expect it. There will probably be one more move on the left side and maybe another item on the right

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
The leak about the game specifically mentioned battles were in real time.

As GameXplain showed in their analysis, there is a bar that constantly refills. Every attack takes a portion of the bar.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
trainers being in the gacha is expected, but not being able to own more than one can't possibly be right, maybe they mean you can't have more than one of the same trainer in your party at the same time, that would make more sense

This is exactly my thinking. Plus it would allow for things like "Swimsuit Erika with Bellossom" compared to normal Erika with Vileplume, or some of those money-making things gachas do

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't want this thing to be real-time. Pokemon is great for turn-based and phones are great for turn-based, make it turn-based.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
as expected with these kinds of games, there are stories with the characters

Befriending a new sync pair unlocks a special scene called a sync pair story! Here's a sneak peak of Iris and Haxorus's sync pair story! Getting to know a new side of sync pairs makes you like them even more!

Laserplane

Apr 28, 2018
User Warned: Drive-By Posting
Woo a gambling app with Pokemon skin. Even less interesting than another mainline game with no real upgrades.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Thinking about it, I love the individual character stories in Dragalia Lost and Magia Record, but I genuinely dont think I give a damn about character stories for pokemon trainers.

The world just isnt that interesting to me and while I like the characters designs I dont really have any interest in their backstories or motivations because they are all quite shallow.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
as expected with these kinds of games, there are stories with the characters

Befriending a new sync pair unlocks a special scene called a sync pair story! Here's a sneak peak of Iris and Haxorus's sync pair story! Getting to know a new side of sync pairs makes you like them even more!

Is this pokemon's equivalent of tea time

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Hopefully this won't be the first Gacha I ever spend money on, cause rounding up Pokemon trainers with their own individual stories as to why they are participating in the tournament alongside the main story sounds like something very cool.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know some people think Sawyer is referencing the anime character from XY but who knows.