• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
donation amount shaming is dumb imo and shouldn't be accepted

that's backwards thinking

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Good. This leds me to believe that the Pokémon CM WANTED to say something yesterday but couldn't until approval, so she used the gif instead.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I didn't expect the company to make a statement. Good on them.

Pokémon thrives on togetherness.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I imagine this is what all those All Lives Matter Gamers are looking like right now and every time another company/personality they follow releases a statement. You hate to see it 😂
getty_518889586_292566.jpg

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I imagine this is what all those All Lives Matter Gamers are looking like right now and every time another company/personality they follow releases a statement. You hate to see it 😂
they're just sad people who live their lives motivated by hate. they'll focus their hate on something else now. and play all the games they were pretending to boycott, btw

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they put out a better statement than Nintendo.
Ah, I didn't know that. That's cool. Them actually mentioning BLM and systemic racism was good. I noticed Nintendo's one was careful not to mention either of these things, and instead used more vague terms.
Our focus shouldn't be who had the better statement it's all just for PR anyway, let's make sure they do the most not the minimum.

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Our focus shouldn't be who had the better statement it's all just for PR anyway, let's make sure they do the most not the minimum.
We can focus on both things. But I agree with your conclusion. I didn't post in the Nintendo thread, but their vague language stood out to me. I think explicitly calling out why George Floyd died is better for increasing social awareness. He was murdered because of racism. Pokemon company doing this doesn't mean they are necessarily sincere, but I appreciate it more than a more lukewarm response all the same. I recognise that a company can say all the right things and still not follow up on it, though.

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017

There are people out there making hay in the face of all this, make no mistake:

Mod Edit: Content removed. We do not provide a platform for Colin Moriarty or his content.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We can focus on both things. But I agree with your conclusion. I didn't post in the Nintendo thread, but their vague language stood out to me. I think explicitly calling out why George Floyd died is better for increasing social awareness. He was murdered because of racism. Pokemon company doing this doesn't mean they are necessarily sincere, but I appreciate it more than a more lukewarm response all the same. I recognise that a company can say all the right things and still not follow up on it, though.
Yea I'm just afraid that people are focusing on what brands are saying and losing the point of it all.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see that they're able to make such statements. I hope the message is getting through to the heads overseas so that they'll have an easier time doing what needs to be done the next time these situations occur.

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I'm just afraid that people are focusing on what brands are saying and losing the point of it all.
I get you. We should be wary of multi-billion dollar corporations as a default, as they're in the business of making money and not to do the right thing. It took some pressure for TPC to even make this statement. I do feel like this is a net plus for the cause overall, though. We just can't get complacent about it.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I get you. We should be wary of multi-billion dollar corporations as a default, as they're in the business of making money and not to do the right thing. It took some pressure for TPC to even make this statement. I do feel like this is a net plus for the cause overall, though. We just can't get complacent about it.
Yea I'm just tired of seeing the Pepsi ads lol. But i feel this time it's different like this shit is global now all 52 states had a protest, people are fed up and it's not just us. But we still can't relax we got to push forward and see it through, and we got to drag these companies with us to actually put in some work.

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I'm just tired of seeing the Pepsi ads lol. But i feel this time it's different like this shit is global now all 52 states had a protest, people are fed up and it's not just us. But we still can't relax we got to push forward and see it through, and we got to drag these companies with us to actually put in some work.
I agree wholeheartedly. The social pressure is really building up this time and leading to a cultural shift to some extent, but we still have a long way to go.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I agree wholeheartedly. The social pressure is really building up this time and leading to a cultural shift to some extent, but we still have a long way to go.
Yea, I'm 40 years old with no kids and I know I won't live to see any real change, but I do have some younger cousins that I'm hoping can see the benefits of it.

BareKnuckle

Oct 26, 2017
Where it says equity in their statement do they mean equality?

Am I being an idiot?

Big Pokemon fan, good to see them taking a stance and doing the right thing

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Great to see -- I know it's a small number in the grand scheme of things but it is nice to see them specifically single out those causes/orgs because frankly there is a portion of their fanbase who will bristle at any reference to BLM. I hope they never play a Pokemon game again -- they do not deserve joy.

I'd like everyone to see this amazing response:

Beautiful. Well done, Joe.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Much better statement than before.

Can't believe some people were saying they didn't need to say anything at all in the last topic.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
I have and will keep on giving GF MASSIVE shit for how they handle the Pokemon IP but I must say that I am ALWAYS grateful that they have been so committed to injecting diversity in their games.

Good shit.

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where it says equity in their statement do they mean equality?

Am I being an idiot?

Big Pokemon fan, good to see them taking a stance and doing the right thing
This picture is often used to explain the differences between the two:

Basically, equality is treating everyone exactly the same. Equity is making sure everyone has access to what they need to be on the same playing field.