• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Starphanluke

ā–² Legend ā–²
Nov 15, 2017
Much better than the well-meaning but tone-deaf gif. Glad to see them make donations.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Better than the gif.

I think they were trying to PG things but failed with the gif.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Much much better response and I'm super glad to see that they're donating money as well.

Can you believe that some people in this forum kept saying that the official Twitter account didn't have to say anything cause it's a kids game?

I'd like everyone to see this amazing response:

Yeah that account posted the worst thing you could respond with to something incredibly important. They deserve that response from Joe and all other attacks they get.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really know what was going on inside their offices, but my guess is that this is the result of an internal battle carried by Chaka, their social media lead, and others. I'm happy to see that effort succeed, if this is the case.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
After posting that garbage as a response to something that actually matters that account deserves every single attack they get.

But really on a post where they are trying to rectify their previous mistake?

Like Dexit would be the same response even if they lead with this response.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that was my takeaway. Apparently though the NA Pokemon rep is a black woman so maybe she had some influence.
Ah, I didn't know that. That's cool. Them actually mentioning BLM and systemic racism was good. I noticed Nintendo's one was careful not to mention either of these things, and instead used more vague terms.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
But really on a post where they are trying to rectify their previous mistake?

Like Dexit would be the same response even if they lead with this response.
I'm not really understanding the question sorry! But I will say that no matter your thoughts on the missing Pokemon, it's not okay at all ever to whine about the missing Pokemon during any post about something serious like this.

Like at Sony where people keep asking for game reveals when Sony posted that BLM statement.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
I've questioned the motives behind TPCi before, but seeing them be far and away better than the rest of their fanbase earns them a tremendous amount of respect.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm not really understanding the question sorry! But I will say that no matter your thoughts on the missing Pokemon, it's not okay at all ever to whine about the missing Pokemon during any post about something serious like this.

Like at Sony where people keep asking for game reveals when Sony posted that BLM statement.

It's fine, everyone gets lost and things!

I mean the quoted one was you saying that in response to someone speaking about Dexit on this new one, so I thought you were okay with whining on this new post.

But it's fine. Just wish people could go a day without complaining about Dexit.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
It's fine, everyone gets lost and things!

I mean the quoted one was you saying that in response to someone speaking about Dexit on this new one, so I thought you were okay with whining on this new post.

But it's fine. Just wish people could go a day without complaining about Dexit.
Oh no way definitely not! I applaud Joe for posting a response like that! I have my issues with some of the changes but there's a time and a place. It was absolutely neither of those in any of the posts.

I agree that the Dexit posts are insufferable but posting it as a response on a BLM statement of all times is absolutely repugnant.

Oct 25, 2017
Bullying corps works!

Y'all were in my thread saying we shouldn't hold companies' feet to the fire. Very clownish.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
100k? How many copies did Pokemon sell last fall again?
I would imagine that nearly every single company that is matching and/or contributing themselves is not entirely maximizing the amount they would realistically be able to.

Are you being consistent with this opinion across all companies that are supporting BLM?