• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
People acting like the problems with Sh/Sw are just in the 'Era's bubble'. lol
Sure, there are irrational haters, but lot of people have legit complains. And we had this, too:
D9MrYnRW4AAZS72.jpg:large

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
Oh so now you are questioning Joe's ethics because he has a Pokemon website. This is gamergate rethoric and it's disgusting.

You mean the complaints of people that though this game was gonna be the best Pokemon ever, just a week ago.
If you can find specific examples then show me the receipts, otherwise you're just making hyperbolic statements. The complaints leveled so far have been (mostly) legitimate, and criticizing Pokemon or Gamefreak isn't "outrage". I think they can do better and it seems like they've been playing it safe with the series since X&Y.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
These games will make a bunch of money anyways, but if they really were committed to expanding the brand they would slow roll development on the next main line entry. The release pattern they're going at doesn't really seem to allow for the large substantive changes between releases. Need like 3-4 years at least if you're going to really reimagine the thing for an HD console. I'm sure that as a company it would be hard to pull that off and justify the yearly numbers in the meantime, especially with what they'll still make on this release.

That was my takeaway

Though the extra time would have likely gone towards increasing game quality and not neccesarily been devoted to the roster

Especially considering how Masuda worded things. Even though they made excuses he was pretty clear about not wanting to haul the anchor of 800+ pokemone forever and ever

Im not sure what the reasonable solution would be here. Clearly one exists in the minds of everyone else though!

mod post - cut out the hostility

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
This is a thread about the new Pokemon games and not a place for personal attacks. Get back on topic and cut the hostility.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Sure, there are irrational haters, but lot of people have legit complains. And we had this, too:
Arent the vast majority of people upset because of the pokedex thing and not because it is just another Pokemon with little improvement to the formula or the old tech.

Soran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't GameFreak recently announce that they were expanding their scope to look at more Multiplatform releases?

It would have been nice to see them invest some more money into their Pokemon team to drive the games forward.
GameFreak have the right to expand their scope and focus on their own games. The problem is that they trough they could be a small studio without ever expanding despite making and owning the biggest franchise in the world and trough this will never end bitting them in the ass.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Arent the vast majority of people upset because of the pokedex thing and not because it is just another Pokemon with little improvement to the formula or the old tech.
Of course. The current new crop of complaints, like treegate, are just an attempt to keep the general outrage going.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
This was just an organized internet hate bomb on a single video relating to the Pokedex. For example, the Pokemon Direct which has almost 4 times the views as the Treehouse demo has over a 90 percent like ratio.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

Yes and yes

Though... The hardcore fanbase is sizable enough. I wouldn't put it past them to continue escalating the situation

They absolutely did not care about the overall quality of the games fidelity BEFORE the bad news hit.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: lazy devs rhetoric
People have been giving Gamefreak a free pass since forever. They struck gold with one of the best IPs in existence and have coasted their way through the years by delivering mediocre minimum effort stuff.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
The vast majority of people are upset because of the dex thing, which, given the dev's reasons for why they did the whole dex thing, opens them up to scrutiny on just about every other aspect of the game.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Please don't be a voice of reason, you'll anger the mob.

A lot of people on this forum also post on other websites.
While I agree that people have gotten their pitchforks out in spades to criticize SwSh for every little thing now, it's embarrassing to see posters like you dismissing and downplaying any single type of criticism, going out of your way to defend poor GF. GF should get a lot of flak for their bullshit with the National Dex and yes, the graphics are disappointing when compared to other titles on the platform, but we didn't mind because it's Pokémon and we all were excited to finally play a mainline title on the big screen with console power, until of course GF dropped the bomb and some more BS along with it, I believe part of the graphics criticism is completely justified and GF needs to be made aware of it.
People like you seem to forget that in the end we're all consumers and we should demand better from companies, instead of getting emotionally-invested when it comes to this crap. I hope you did criticize Nintendo for the shit they were going to pull off with Mario Maker 2 online Multiplayer, you did complain about that, right?
The vast majority of people are upset because of the dex thing, which, given the dev's reasons for why they did the whole dex thing, opens them up to scrutiny on just about every other aspect of the game.
This is what those protecting GF forget.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. But GF said they are improving other aspects of the game to make up for the lack of a national dex, so people want to see these promised improvements now (and, besides the wild area, they don't seem to be here).

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
They should go back to some type of sprite work lol

But i don't know I think they're capable. Pokemon Coliseum/XD gale of darkness were pretty impressive for the time. Battle Revolution was great as well. Need to be more ambitious

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Game looks OK. I'll probably get it because pokemon has fun gameplay.
Dismissing all complaints though is ridiculous. Some might have opinions other than fawning praise

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
User banned (3 days): hostility, ignoring mod post
If you can find specific examples then show me the receipts, otherwise you're just making hyperbolic statements. The complaints leveled so far have been (mostly) legitimate, and criticizing Pokemon or Gamefreak isn't "outrage". I think they can do better and it seems like they've been playing it safe with the series since X&Y.
You're discussing against someone who tends to get too defensive and emotional when it comes to Nintendo, I've learned the hard way and these last few Nintendo threads criticizing them have taught me to know better.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
People have been giving Gamefreak a free pass since forever. They struck gold with one of the best IPs in existence and have coasted their way through the years by delivering mediocre minimum effort stuff.

Yup and if you had dared pointing this out beforehand.... lol

Thats whats so fascinating about the open season on the game now

Its almost hard to stomach the irony but I get it. Monster Hunter almost had a similar situation with our fanbase

Thankfully MHW turned out fantastic. Uhhhhh even though I think Sword and Shield looks good enough for a first mainline effort (I dont really count lets go) its certainly no MHW leap for the series

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
8154.png

3DS Pokemon Sun Model of Machoke

48076995742_879259a0da_o.jpg

Pokemon Sword and Shield Machoke

As previously discussed it's had a retexture because it had that back in Let's Go but it's the same model.

It... does.. not... matter

If you want the real truth? Masuda laid it out in plain language. They dont want to drag 1000+ pokemon from game to game in perpetuity

Yeah it sucks that they felt the need to make all these lame PR gaffe excuses that opens so many doors and "hey look at this" gotcha moments for people to cling to

But hey... Fans hammering devs did get Bioware to make new Mass Effect 3 endings so what the hell do I know!?

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Why do people keep saying these games look like the 3DS games upressed? Even if you don't like how these games look it obviously looks better than that.

Also, Xenoblade 2 had a ton of issues with it's resolution and framerate.
Those games on emulators can be kicked to high res and surprisingly look close to sword and shield. The only real difference is scale of the city and environment. That being said other games can look more full when they don't try and spread everything out.

Will be interesting to see full comparisons when the full game comes out and not used not final YouTube videos

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
8154.png

3DS Pokemon Sun Model of Machoke

48076995742_879259a0da_o.jpg

Pokemon Sword and Shield Machoke

As previously discussed it's had a retexture because it had that back in Let's Go but it's the same model.

Alright, now that's what I asked. Looks pretty similar, yeah.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I hope you did criticize Nintendo for the shit they were going to pull off with Mario Maker 2 online Multiplayer, you did complain about that, right?

I don't usually complain about anything on the internet if I can help it. If I dislike something a company is doing I'll vote with my wallet.

The rest of your post was just personal attacks which we've been warned against in this thread so I'll just ignore them.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
What is up with this nonsense obsession with graphics these days? Lets hate on a game because it doesn't look like a AAA game. Last time I checked some of the best games of this generation were not exactly lookers. This game has a great art style and looks great. People will truly complain about anything and everything these days.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
What is up with this nonsense obsession with graphics these days? Lets hate on a game because it doesn't look like a AAA game. Last time I checked some of the best games of this generation were not exactly lookers. This game has a great art style and looks great. People will truly complain about anything and everything these days.

Oh this is a special case!

Let me catch you up on whats really going on......

Deleted member 9714

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The graphics was one of the excuse GameFreak made for culling Pokémon.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The fact that they're still getting away with breaking up content between two versions is honestly the most insane shit. I guess people are just so used to it that they don't even think about it anymore

I would rather that then MTX and loot boxes. I've only ever bought 1 version of each set of games, it's not that difficult.

Soran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What games are those and how much they cost?

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they're still getting away with breaking up content between two versions is honestly the most insane shit. I guess people are just so used to it that they don't even think about it anymore

Because gettin the things of the version you dont buy is a complete non issue.
Are you guys saying that Pokemon only sells crazy numbers because people have to buy two games ? This is crazy.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
It... does.. not... matter

If you want the real truth? Masuda laid it out in plain language. They dont want to drag 1000+ pokemon from game to game in perpetuity

Yeah it sucks that they felt the need to make all these lame PR gaffe excuses that opens so many doors and "hey look at this" gotcha moments for people to cling to

But hey... Fans hammering devs did get Bioware to make new Mass Effect 3 endings so what the hell do I know!?
Then... don't give all these excuses? I don't see the logic here. If they just don't want to bring every Pokemon to each game, flat out say it. Don't dance around it. I should not have to defend a company lying to me.

Also, if they don't feel like bringing Pokemon, announce it when you announce Bank, which is going to cost extra and was advertised as being able to bring EVERY Pokemon up to Gen 8. Announce it in one of the two Pokemon Directs before E3. Announce it IN THE E3 DIRECT.

Don't tuck it away in the Treehouse livestream at the tail end of your demo showcase as almost an afterthought. That is my issue with the whole thing. They DIDN'T WANT TO TELL US and practically did their best to hide this announcement in something the least possible amount of people were watching. The fact that tons of people still don't get what's going on is testament to this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.