• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
People whine and in the end it will still sell upwards to 10 million.
Just give it up nothing but a huge dip in sales will change their course. Pretty sure they've made clear they don't give a rats ass about player feedback.
Even if 100k people in total are outraged, another new > 100k people attracted from the gameplay replace them easily. Then the positive impressions come, then the reviews come, then the sales succes comes and the outraged ones start to feel left out. At least 50% ends up jumping in and all the outrage ended up being for nothing.

Vote with your wallets.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Gamefreak is extremely poorly managed and need to get their shit together.

There's no reason why they couldnt have done more to include all of the Pokemon in SwSh. I can only hope that the backlash will encourage them to correct course in the future, but I aint gonna hold my breath.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't see how you post this image:
Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield-Screenshot-E3-2019-3.jpg

and say it looks a lot like this:
Pokemon-X-Y-screenshots-pokemon-35395972-400-240.jpg

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I don't really play Pokemon and I'm going to get flak for saying this but I prefer the first screenshot. XBC2's is a mess with all the elements blending into each other. The first image has better visual language, even though it is far simpler.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
Cause Devs who have worked on Low Def for years surely will be able to tackle HD on their first try in a few years of development.
Going from one to another takes time and the artists have to adapt *a lot* to change their artstyle to what you are expecting.
And, maybe you want high def and super real graphics but, the main target, kids, don't care about that.
People need to stop thinking every game is made only for them and then complain when they don't like the direction some devs took.
Even if it's not for kids, I don't think realistic graphics fits the pokemon franchise, it's just not the kind of game that you would expect realistic graphics from.

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
Developer of a largely modular and annual handheld IP make a console game and it doesn't look like BOTW or Xenoblade

Having an open area with camera control was honestly more than I expected.

There may be some merit to this excuse, but it allows massive leeway on GF's part. EAD made no 3D games up until they started making 3D games. Every major developer makes the transition from one generation to another almost flawlessly. GF has no excuse.

Dec 23, 2017
GameFreak is poorly managed and needs to expand or at least be willing to contract grunt work like preparing models (which are the sames from Gen 6). They're a decade behind other developers and those at the top of the company who are holding them back need to swallow their pride.
I agree to an extent. I would say with the amount of money they make off Pokémon games they should put that back into it. The fact they aren't using unreal 4 is a crime in my opinion. The game would look so much better.

Nov 1, 2017
Everyone's going to miss the point to shit on Xenoblade. Anyways, Pokemon prints money so there's no reason for the quality of the games to improve, I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
The game doesn't look good. About time Pokemon fans stopped giving Gamefreak a free pass for only doing the bare minimum.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
There may be some merit to this excuse, but it allows massive leeway on GF's part. EAD made no 3D games up until they started making 3D games. Every major developer makes the transition from one generation to another almost flawlessly. GF has no excuse.

EAD were legendary in the transition to 3D games. That's kind of impossible for anyone to measure up to.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
Soooo I'm guessing I am the only one that think the screen shot the OP posted of S&S look really good? I actually thought the gameplay we saw from E3 look awesome and this game is one of my most anticipated games of the year.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I don't see how people can play Let's Go, then see this and somehow be disappointed in how much better it looks.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I know this is crazy but I was honestly expecting them to use the BOTW engine and have the player be able to go anywhere. Climb and Swim.. Fly freely in any direction.

I thought those visuals would have been good but it seems they are stuck in the same 3ds visuals.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Lately people like to throw the word "upscaled" as if its a dirty term and devs just hit the upscale button in a 3D program or something.

Theyre still redoing and reanimating every Pokemon from scratch with higher fidelity ... thats a shit ton of work. There are reasons other games dont do it

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You'd think that this being your first ever HD console game for the most successful gaming IP in history, would make the developers want to go all out and show the world what they're made of. But I guess not.

They are showing what they are made of...mediocrity.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people keep saying these games look like the 3DS games upressed? Even if you don't like how these games look it obviously looks better than that.

Also, Xenoblade 2 had a ton of issues with it's resolution and framerate.
It's the same type of people that say BL3 looks exactly like BL2. Their just want to shit on the new game for not being what they think it should be.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
You don't need to bring offsite drama into this, but I do think he and other e-celebrities are harmful to the fan community.

What have you done for the community though? Insult people that works his ass for the community?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
You people will drive me crazy with the 3DS comparisons. See an optometrist for all that is good in this world

Only the new 3DS, and looks terrible on it.
I'm convinced that anyone making the 3DS comparison has either never looked at those games or are trolling, especially XY comparisons.

Wanna bet? Once Pokemon sales fall off a cliff in a few years due to clearly sub par products Nintendo is gonna take drastic measures.
GF will always be the developers for Pokemon.

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What have you done for the community though? Insult people that works his ass for the community?
I don't need to do anything. I can buy the games if I deem them worth my money, play them, and discuss them. Or I can decide not to and discuss why I didn't. Being a fan doesn't mean I have to mindlessly consume.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't need to do anything. I can buy the games if I deem them worth my money, play them, and discuss them. Or I can decide not to and discuss why I didn't. Being a fan doesn't mean I have to mindlessly consume.

That doesn't give you the rights to insult other people just because they're not 100% vocal on their disappointment with the National Dex issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.