• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Are there any good templates for boxes? I've not been happy with any of my categories ever.
I've got my living dex, then boxes for shinies, HA's, pokemon I use for breeding, ditto's, spare legendaries, gigantamax, special (for events, etc.) and "trade" for the rest.

Will probably split up my legendaries into Legendary, Mythical and UB, and move my breeding, HA and Ditto boxes together, dunno yet.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I just noticed they've mixed up the shiny and non-shiny models for Zapdos in Home

HOME145_s.png
HOME145.png

With the two above, the first is shiny, the second isn't. The Home Pokedex and the little box icons have this correct. Yet somehow when you check the detailed status page of a Zapdos you own in Home the models are wrong, with the regular Zapdos having the shiny model and vice-versa.

I have three Zapdos in Home - two regular and one shiny. The two regular both have the model with the brown fluff on the legs, the shiny one has model with the pale/grey fluff on the legs.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that a hacked Poipole at level 10, say, can't be traded. The GTS has a check that knows Poipole can't be that level, so stops it at the last minute (it shows before then, and is selectable). Which means the service already has an internal database of what can and cannot exist. So why doesn't it use that same database for requests. So frustrating, but especially now it's a paid service.
Christ, that's such a hot mess of a system.

Are there any good templates for boxes? I've not been happy with any of my categories ever.
I have a working system, but I don't know if it's just a working-for-me system.

My boxes are divided up like:
  • Living Dex (labelled 1-20, 21-40, etc.)
    • 20 Pokémon per box, leaving space for alternate/regional forms
    • I cut off boxes early to separate regions, e.g. Kanto ends at 141-151 and Johto starts with 152-171
    • Pokémon with more than 5 forms (e.g. Unown, Vivillon) get one "default" mon in the living dex, then a separate box for the rest
  • Ditto library
    • One box for 6IV Dittos
    • One box per stat for different natures
      • The boxes are labelled according to the plus stat, then the Dittos go into a row according to the minus stat
      • e.g. an Adamant Ditto is Atk+ SpA-, so it goes in the Atk+ box, in the third row
  • Special
    • Event Pokémon
    • Shiny
    • Gigantamax
    • Hidden Ability
      • Pokémon go into boxes in this order, e.g. a shiny HA mon goes into the Shiny box, not the HA box.
  • Unsorted
    • Imports (e.g. OR 1/2, OR 2/2, Plat 1/4, etc.)
      • I separate them by game so I don't have to go hunting to see which region they came from
  • Trades
    • For Wonder Trade
    • For GTS
      • Whether I put something up for wonder trade or GTS is mostly arbitrary, but I prioritise GTS for things dex-fillers might be actively searching for, like Stonjourner
    • Traded
      • Mostly coming from Wonder Trade, but also GTS trades where I was looking for specific forms and didn't get them
      • Pokémon without my OT who don't fit in any of the "special" categories
      • These are generally lifted wholesale in/out of Sword/Shield once a day for the Loto ID

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My organisation is
Trade box (box 1, which I assume is the box I'll have access to once the subscription lapses, so I can still wonder trade).
Living Dex (boxes labelled 1-30, 31-60, 61-90, etc until 990)
Forms (one per region, includes gender differences. Vivillon and Unknown get their separate boxes. I love how there are just 30 Alola forms, so they all fit in the box nicely)
Shinies (used to be 1box, but with Pokémon GO I made a separate "Shiny Kanto" box, and will probably make one per region once the connectivity is working)
Ditto (all the Ditto, one per nature. Also my perfect IV male Pokémon that are useless for battle, but could be used for breeding projects. Never managed to get a perfect IV Ditto)
My babies (Pokémon I've bred through generations. Some are still competitive, some aren't anymore, some never were but I still love them dearly)
Spare legendaries
Spare mythicals

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I want to organize everything into nice boxes too since it looks great on the Switch app, but then, the mobile labels are much more useful and easier for everything. 😅

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
Here's my current Box setup, which accounts for a 100% complete living Pokédex, including all alternate forms:
  • First 30 Boxes are ordered by Pokédex No., with a full 30 Pokémon per Box, named as "№ 001-030 Kanto" through "№ 871-900 Galar"; for Pokémon with gender differences and alternate forms, only the male variant or default form are used here
  • Next are four Boxes for the female variants of Pokémon with gender differences, named "♂♀ Difference 1" through "♂♀ Difference 4", which covers all of them; Pokémon are still ordered by Pokédex No. here and in all other Boxes as well
  • After that are regional forms, with one Box for Alolan Forms and one Box for Galarian Forms, named simply "Alolan Form" and "Galarian Form"
  • Next is other alternate forms, which is a bit sloppy at the moment since I don't actually have a full living Pokédex of them all just yet, and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to arrange them, but my current setup is one "Unown" Box for Unown B through ?, one "Vivillon" Box for the rest of the Vivillon patterns, two "Alcremie" Boxes ("Alcremie 1" and "Alcremie 2") for the other 62 Alcremie variants (the last two will just go in the next Box, I think), and finally a few more "Other Forms" Boxes to cover everything else; I have 5 of those currently ("Other Forms 1" through "Other Forms 5"), but that may change depending on how many forms I choose to include or not (some are questionable, like forms that require hold items, in-battle only forms, fusions, and other forms that can't be put in HOME right now like Furfrou's trims)
  • Lastly, I've got two Boxes for Gigantamax Pokémon ("Gigantamax 1" and "Gigantamax 2"), followed by two Boxes for Mega Evolution ("Mega Evolution 1" and "Mega Evolution 2"), but I'm not sure about keeping the latter, just as I questioned allotting space for other forms that require hold items and such
The above will cover all Pokémon forms, so after that I just have a few more named Boxes for Shiny Pokémon (one for star sparkle and one for square sparkle, which can be expanded as needed), Event Pokémon, etc.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw two shiny Greninjas on GTS with racist nicknames. What the actual fuck, TPC?? How is this not censored?

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I wish the search parameters could be more detailed... According to my notepad, my living dex for Let's Go should be at 155 (out of 171 w/ forms), but my label for my living dex is at 154. Which one am I missing? I could figure it out if I could do a search "In these boxes but not this label."

It'd be nice if there was a web interface, too, for much faster label creation and sorting.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So if I'm understanding correctly, to add a Pokémon to my Home Pokédex, I have to place that individual Pokémon in a Home box. Back out and save. And do that again for each and every Pokémon I want to add? Yes I know I can multi select
This is what I'm still waiting on. Because when I connected the first time, it registered my Pokemon Sun Pokedex, which includes things I don't own but had owned. So maybe that functionality is broken randomly? Because it's still showing my Galar Dex as nearly empty except the ones I manually deposi8to test it out.

Oct 29, 2017
What's the current value of a Zacian, i can just use my partners for sake of completing the dex but I want one of my own for a living dex. Put up a shiny Yvetal as I have spares from various events and surprised nobody has bitten because that feels like quite a deal to me.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Well thanks to Serebii for the box-shift trick, finally got my Magearna today and it turned out to have 0 speed IV and 30-31 IV in everything else - pretty nice for a trick room capable Pokemon (that can't be currently used in any game hooray!). Now if they'll just fix the broken achievements too...

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
I'm so sick of having to keep turning off the music and sound effects. If I have headphones plugged in the music goes straight into my fucking skull.

Fowler

Oct 26, 2017
How do I know if I have a hacked Pokémon?

Saw a shiny Lugia being offered for... uh... a level 1-10 female Eevee. Seemed sketchy but I had an Eevee so... why not?

Level 100, from Japan, stats "amazing" but not best across the board. Too good to be true?

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
How do I know if I have a hacked Pokémon?

Saw a shiny Lugia being offered for... uh... a level 1-10 female Eevee. Seemed sketchy but I had an Eevee so... why not?

Level 100, from Japan, stats "amazing" but not best across the board. Too good to be true?
I think 9 times out of 10 if someone is putting their shiny legendary up for trade it is hacked.

Oct 27, 2017
I hate that mythicals aren't tradable on GTS. I literally have the entire national dex except for Melmetal because I don't play much Pokemon Go...That's depressing.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed an odd distinction.

Pokemon from Colosseum are "first met in a distant land", but Pokemon from XD "had a fateful encounter in a distant land." I wish they would just say Orre lol.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I've noticed an odd distinction.

Pokemon from Colosseum are "first met in a distant land", but Pokemon from XD "had a fateful encounter in a distant land." I wish they would just say Orre lol.
That's because those games are spin-offs and so they get the same tag as any spin-off distribution

Oct 29, 2017
Have they patched the Magearna duplication glitch? I've got my boxes full of national dex Pokémon and I'm moving them back and forth but haven't received a second. Do I need to move every box or something?

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah the cunts. Just as I manage to complete the national dex. Cheers for letting me know!
it was fixed like less than a day after everyone knew about it lol. i heard about it late one night in this thread and thought about doing it but was so tired that i didn't and by the time i got to my game the next morning it had already been fixed

Red

Oct 26, 2017
How do I get Pokémon from 3DS VC games to Sword? I have the bank app but it won't let me do anything. It keeps saying I don't have compatible save data. I searched for a way to do this and saw something about a "poké transporter." But searching the eShop on 3DS doesn't bring up any results for this. And I can't get to the menu of the bank app because it disconnects me with the error message about not having valid save data. I have a handful of Pokémon in yellow. I have a Pokédex. I have Pokémon boxed up ready to go. What am I missing?

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
How do I get Pokémon from 3DS VC games to Sword? I have the bank app but it won't let me do anything. It keeps saying I don't have compatible save data. I searched for a way to do this and saw something about a "poké transporter." But searching the eShop on 3DS doesn't bring up any results for this. And I can't get to the menu of the bank app because it disconnects me with the error message about not having valid save data. I have a handful of Pokémon in yellow. I have a Pokédex. I have Pokémon boxed up ready to go. What am I missing?
In order to connect to the Bank servers, you'll need to have a 3DS Pokemon Game (X, Y, OR, AS, Sun, Moon, USun, UMoon). You can't connect without one of these games.

Oct 29, 2017
it was fixed like less than a day after everyone knew about it lol. i heard about it late one night in this thread and thought about doing it but was so tired that i didn't and by the time i got to my game the next morning it had already been fixed
Crushing. Fair play, I guess it's a pretty serious exploit. I don't mind only having one, it's more than my one feels devalued by people having three boxes of them but I guess that's always the way.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Things I want to get patched in one day that likely won't:
  • Search filter for Pokeball
  • Search filter for Region of Origin
  • Way to apply and remove tags on Switch
  • Way to move Pokemon around in boxes on Mobile

That's because those games are spin-offs and so they get the same tag as any spin-off distribution

Yeah, I understand the distant land part (though are there other games that can send Pokemon to the main games?), but the distinction between "first met" and "had a fateful encounter" is a bit odd. I wonder why they're different?

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So a month is almost going to be up. And they still haven't fixed the damn Pokedex issue. What were the desperate options to force a refresh again?

riq

Feb 21, 2019
Crossposting this from the trade thread since this one seems more active.

I'm only missing Melmetal to complete my live dex and redeeming original color Magearna.

I'm offering:

Celebi from 2018 distribution
Shiny Machop from SM
Shiny Wailmer from White 2
Shiny Heliolisk from XY

All shinies are full odds, non competitive.
Edit: oh yeah, the trade would be done via SwSh instead of Home

Last edited: