• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Serebii Do you know what's the issue with Magearna ever since the new update/patch ?

A lot of people with a full living dex are not getting it, even when doing the 'moving boxes' thing.

Have they changed some criteria ever since ?

Thanks for your help.
I don't believe so, seen multiple get it today.

The common thing I've seen from people who aren't getting it is that they actually are missing an inocuous Pokémon

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
They're only in-battle forms, so there's no legal way to have them in the boxes.

I know there are some videos on youtube where they hacked the games to be able to have the Megas outside of battle, but I ignore if they can make it to Bank / Home. I doubt so. Yet again, I've managed to transfer AZ Floette, which isn't legal either, but that's different since it's an actual permanent form. Same with illegal shinies.
That makes sense. Thanks :)

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After the updates seems like everyone calm down on asking for mythical pokemon and instead just want Zacian and Zamazenta now lol. As I'm gonna assume with the abundance of shiny legendaries I saw on home and swsh that a lot of them we're hacked.

Quinho

Dec 25, 2017
After the updates seems like everyone calm down on asking for mythical pokemon and instead just want Zacian and Zamazenta now lol. As I'm gonna assume with the abundance of shiny legendaries I saw on home and swsh that a lot of them we're hacked.

I think the ability to ask for those pokémon was disabled in the new update.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm trying to get a second zamazenta for a friend, but for every valuable pokémon i can think of to put up on GTS asking for the dog there are other 20 people doing the same thing.

I briefly saw people putting Zamazenta up asking for a Vivillon and a Porygon-Z, but those trades were sniped before I could get to them and complete them.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the ability to ask for those pokémon was disabled in the new update.

Yeah that will probably do it.

Yeah, I'm trying to get a second zamazenta for a friend, but for every valuable pokémon i can think of to put up on GTS asking for the dog there are other 20 people doing the same thing.

I briefly saw people putting Zamazenta up asking for a Vivillon and a Porygon-Z, but those trades were sniped before I could get to them and complete them.

While not in home but in swsh someone gave me their Zacian for my regular Lionne. Didn't seem like a worthwhile trade but hey! they wanted it and I can't complain

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Trying to do a Friend Trade and it pauses on "Waiting for [name]..." and then gives a disconnection message. Does anyone know how to fix?

Inspirit

May 29, 2018
Serebii Adding Melmetal and Meltan did the trick ! Thanks to you I checked everything once again and realised I forgot about them !

ERPREgUUwAINA7Z

JDdelphin

Oct 25, 2017
I have many meltans to give away.

FBMGPENSNDAK is my friend code. I need mostly dex filling stuff from earlier gens

Inspirit

May 29, 2018
I have like 200 Meltan in my Go Parks but I don't have a Nintendo Online subscription :/
Such a shame Friend trades on Home aren't online.

Inspirit

May 29, 2018
There's actually a way to do online trades with a friend on HOME. I did it with one of my friend in a private room, only the two of us.
As you might already know, private trades only work with a minimum of 3 people.

The only requirements is that one of you need to have a premium subscription, and two phones with two different accounts. You need to create a private room, give the ID to your friend, and let that friend enters the private room with both accounts. Once both of you have selected which Pokemon you want to trade, just tell your friend to close one of the apps. Once it has been done, only two accounts will remain in the private room and still allow you to trade.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Bought myself a Switch Stylus

Makes HOME organisation so much better.

Since the mobile app for some reason doesn't allow you to shift mons about in a box. That silly. Would be so intuitive on the go with a touch screen.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
That feeling when you wait 6 hours and wonder trade brings you absolutely nothing lol. I get that premium users get more slots but it'd be nice if they got it maybe every 3 hours. Actually maybe it should just work for everyone like it does in the game.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
There's actually a way to do online trades with a friend on HOME. I did it with one of my friend in a private room, only the two of us.
As you might already know, private trades only work with a minimum of 3 people.

The only requirements is that one of you need to have a premium subscription, and two phones with two different accounts. You need to create a private room, give the ID to your friend, and let that friend enters the private room with both accounts. Once both of you have selected which Pokemon you want to trade, just tell your friend to close one of the apps. Once it has been done, only two accounts will remain in the private room and still allow you to trade.

Just do a GTS trade, it's fast and super easy. One offers a trash Pokemon and ask for the good one. The other one searches the trash Pokemon with specific gender and level and it's done in a minute.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just do a GTS trade, it's fast and super easy. One offers a trash Pokemon and ask for the good one. The other one searches the trash Pokemon with specific gender and level and it's done in a minute.
I'd suggest picking your trash Pokémon carefully, though. Stuff like Pidgey and Rattata get deposited a lot, so the pages fill up really fast.

Something like Minior would work well. Nobody is depositing those, despite its multiple forms making it ideal GTS bait.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Has anyone figured out how to trigger PokéDex entries in Home mobile that won't register? I have three that just will not unlock no matter what I do. I've tried:

1. Deleting and reinstalling the app

2. Changing the position or box placement on the Switch version

3. Trading in another one of the Pokémon from the GTS

4. Trying to register both forms where relevant (ex. Muk)

I just can't get it to work and it's driving me crazy. Everything is fine in the Switch version. But these three are stuck in the mobile version (iOS) and it's driving me nuts.

It also doesn't seem like it gave me any points for a pretty big import I did and while some challenges unlocked a bunch of others didn't. Any advice?

You got anything, Serebii?

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Literally what is the point of putting your shiny up in a room trade and withdrawing them at 1 second lol.

how boring must your life be.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
My recco for Pokédex entries is to wait a few weeks for Game Freak to iron out the bugs lol. I do n't think there's a rush to get the reward.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
Can you tag users on mobile? I'm sorry but I had a really good experience with Edge as a trader and don't know how to do it. Had an item go missing and they hopped back on to give me back my item. Just want people to know who are quality traders for Pokédex entries since some people use burner accounts

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Can you tag users on mobile? I'm sorry but I had a really good experience with Edge as a trader and don't know how to do it. Had an item go missing and they hopped back on to give me back my item. Just want people to know who are quality traders for Pokédex entries since some people use burner accounts
You can nickname them in your friends list

Well today's update seems to have fixed it for me.
Yeah same

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
The Pokédex transfer from Bank is all wonky. It gave me a bunch of shinies I never had (and I've double checked -- for example, it gave me Shiny Mega Diancie but not the Shiny regular form, which is not possible, and I don't have either anyway), as well as not crediting me for shinies I have on my Bank Dex. Pokémon with different forms are particularly bad at this, such as Zygarde and a bunch of Mega Evolutions.

Then if I go to the mobile app there are even more shinies missing.

No hacking or cheating were ever done in my games.

Edit: It gave me Shiny Arceus! I wish that were true.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
The Pokédex transfer from Bank is all wonky. It gave me a bunch of shinies I never had (and I've double checked -- for example, it gave me Shiny Mega Diancie but not the Shiny regular form, which is not possible, and I don't have either anyway), as well as not crediting me for shinies I have on my Bank Dex. Pokémon with different forms are particularly bad at this, such as Zygarde and a bunch of Mega Evolutions.

Then if I go to the mobile app there are even more shinies missing.

No hacking or cheating were ever done in my games.

Edit: It gave me Shiny Arceus! I wish that were true.
I had a zekrom and an event shaymin go missing so I feel ya. Literally lost my infernape from platinum too. Sucks

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
I definitely had an Aegislash or two...or three...in Sun, so I guess they somehow got lost in the Bank transfer? Is there any way to recover these potentially lost Pokémon?

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
So, I'm guessing that in order to complete those Galar tasks in the Pokemon Home's Pokedex, all those Pokemon will have to originate from the Galar region, even if they are originally from different regions, right?

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Is there really no way to just organize home boxes by Pokédex number? My home is a mess.

Textured Monk

Oct 27, 2017
I got a DS with ruby, and a 2ds with Diamond, what can I do?

GBA Ruby or the 3DS remake?

GBA games can drop Pokemon into Diamond/Pearl/Platinum plugged into the same DS. It might only be six per day though.

I think you need two systems (any of DS/3DS/2DS should be fine) to move D/P/P Pokemon into Black/White/B2/W2. They can upload Pokemon one-way into Bank by using the Poke Transport app. It appears you need a bank-capable game (any 3DS game) to be able to get into bank and move them from the transport box into bank boxes, where they can go back and forth from the 3DS games or one-way into Home.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Has anyone figured out how to trigger PokéDex entries in Home mobile that won't register? I have three that just will not unlock no matter what I do. I've tried:

1. Deleting and reinstalling the app

2. Changing the position or box placement on the Switch version

3. Trading in another one of the Pokémon from the GTS

4. Trying to register both forms where relevant (ex. Muk)

I just can't get it to work and it's driving me crazy. Everything is fine in the Switch version. But these three are stuck in the mobile version (iOS) and it's driving me nuts.

It also doesn't seem like it gave me any points for a pretty big import I did and while some challenges unlocked a bunch of others didn't. Any advice?

You got anything, Serebii?
They've actually just addressed this and Challenges not appearing in their Support. They're working on it and will push a fix soon

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please, for the love of God, do something about illegal GTS requests.

Getting a Zacian or Zamazenta without trading its counterpart is impossible enough without a glut of 1-10 Dragapalt and Poipole requests clogging up the system.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Okay it's been about a week and I swear I'm missing some Pokemon from Bank. I KNOW I am but I can't confirm it since my Bank boxes are currently empty.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Does anyone actually get notifications from the app? I have it set to on and always have to check my stuff manually because it doesn't tell me out of the app.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay it's been about a week and I swear I'm missing some Pokemon from Bank. I KNOW I am but I can't confirm it since my Bank boxes are currently empty.
Have you tried searching for them in the mobile app? I had a couple that I couldn't track down but turned out to be in unexpected boxes or in Bank-to-Home transfer limbo.

Does anyone actually get notifications from the app? I have it set to on and always have to check my stuff manually because it doesn't tell me out of the app.
Never. I don't think it has any, since I at least have to manually refresh the app data to make it notice I've had GTS trades.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana

Some Pokémon I passed to Home are missing, or so I believe, I'm 99% sure. They weren't that important, it was just a regular Klink and a shiny Alomomola I got from GTS in Moon, which I suppose wasn't legit. All the Pokémon from the same box they were in, are there in Home, but those two Pokémon at least, are missing.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
One thing I hate about the app is how you can turn off sound, but it doesn't affect the trading sound. Once woke up my sleeping GF when my phone started blasting that godawful noise, she thought the world was ending.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After days without luck, I managed to get a Zamazenta and to complete my living Dex.

Ended up trading a Numel for it.