• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Meltan / Melmetal eventually show up in Sw/Sh either as an event or mystery gift event. Apart from Mystery Gift Pokemon I have caught and evolved my entire living dex myself playing all the games and it will be incredibly frustrating if I've now got to try and find a legit trade to complete the dex because those two are locked to Go which I have no interest in playing.

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's happening with the Tackle/Growl Magearna some people got before, I wonder? If they get to keep it, it could potentially be the rarest Pokemon of all time.
Probably not. I believe there are some Gen I/II events which have no known copies in existence anymore, and even among Gen III and IV events there are some which are probably rarer.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Meltan / Melmetal eventually show up in Sw/Sh either as an event or mystery gift event. Apart from Mystery Gift Pokemon I have caught and evolved my entire living dex myself playing all the games and it will be incredibly frustrating if I've now got to try and find a legit trade to complete the dex because those two are locked to Go which I have no interest in playing.
I've been trying to find a Ditto for weeks in GO and I've had zero luck doing so. I can't progress the Meltan or Mew quests without one, but they're stupidly rare. I have three Shiny Piplups and no fucking Ditto in GO.

Deleted member 14313

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Given Melmetal has a gigantamax form that is basically guaranteed.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Hackers are absolute scum. They ruin the game for everyone.

Some people might say "Aren't those shiny legendaries you own hacked?" First of all, no one can prove that they are hacked. Second, if they ARE hacked, I received them in a trade. I'm a victim, if anything.

Deleted member 14313

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been trying to find a Ditto for weeks in GO and I've had zero luck doing so. I can't progress the Meltan or Mew quests without one, but they're stupidly rare. I have three Shiny Piplups and no fucking Ditto in GO.
In case you weren't aware ditto can only appear as cetain common species. At the moment it appears as:

Weedle
Paras
Venonat
Hoothoot
Ledyba
Spinarak
Hoppip
Remoraid
Whismur
Seedot
Skitty
Gulpin
Nummel
Bidoof

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a Vivillon tier list anywhere? I have Elegant, Modern, High Plains, Tundra, Polar, Marine, and Continental. Two others as well but they are untradeable. Are these worth anything?

DAMN GEN VI WAS SO GOOD

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
In case you weren't aware ditto can only appear as cetain common species. At the moment it appears as:

Weedle
Paras
Venonat
Hoothoot
Ledyba
Spinarak
Hoppip
Remoraid
Whismur
Seedot
Skitty
Gulpin
Nummel
Bidoof
Yeah, I know. Problem is I never run into them. Though with this "pink" event, I might have a decent shot if I catch all the Hoppips and Skittys I see.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a Vivillon tier list anywhere? I have Elegant, Modern, High Plains, Tundra, Polar, Marine, and Continental. Two others as well but they are untradeable. Are these worth anything?

DAMN GEN VI WAS SO GOOD

Fancy and Poke Ball were Mystery Gifts. The slow pace of the GTS means they will all be a pain to collect for new players whereas in X/Y I just spent a day repeatedly trading them until I got them all because trades happened so quickly.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
That would be incredible, then I can just wait for melmetal raids eventually and i'll be set on my living dex!

I just wanted to say, it's not like we're in the internet with hundreds of big Pokemon communities with big focus on trading and a lot of fair trades.
If you can't find someone trading it with you, and if it's only for the entry, then you're doing something wrong. 😅

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I just wanted to say, it's not like we're in the internet with hundreds of big Pokemon communities with big focus on trading and a lot of fair trades.
If you can't find someone trading it with you, and if it's only for the entry, then you're doing something wrong. 😅
Haha I just never tried I guess, those 2 are my last for the living dex and I just gave up for a while, but home actually allows it to happen now so that's nice

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

PokéNext - Notizie su Pokémon Scarlatto e Violetto, Pokémon UNITE, Pokémon GO e tanto altro

Tutte le news sui DLC di Pokémon Scarlatto e Violetto, Pokémon UNITE, Orizzonti Pokémon, Nintendo Switch e tanto altro!

Is there some truth to this?
No. Many Pokémon are listed as "Stage 2". Minior, Bruxish, Morpeko, Ditto, Lapras, Drampa. Many Legends are Stage 3

Coalossal is Stage 0 for some reason.

It's just a nonsensical value

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I must be missing something obvious but I tried trading with a friend on Home and nothing seems to be working. We tried the friend trade method and we both either wait forever or get disconnected, and we tried making a trade room with the two of us and we don't get the option to select Pokemon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I must be missing something obvious but I tried trading with a friend on Home and nothing seems to be working. We tried the friend trade method and we both either wait forever or get disconnected, and we tried making a trade room with the two of us and we don't get the option to select Pokemon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you local to your friend?

Deleted member 14313

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am not. But surely there must be a way to trade with a specific person over the internet, right?
Nope. Not in HOME.
  1. Trades are only possible in the mobile app
  2. Friend trading limited to people in close proximity
  3. Limit of 10 friend trades per day
  4. Room trading cannot occur between only two people which means combined with 2. there is no way for two friends to trade over the internet
  5. Only 3 random room trades per day
  6. Wonder box only trades about every 6 hours
  7. You can only trade "special Pokémon" in friend trades, not Wonder box, room trades, or GTS
  8. GTS still allows you to request special Pokémon despite 7.
  9. GTS allows you to request illegitmate parameter combinations
  10. GTS has a very limited range of parameter requests despite the organsational side of the app having a comprehensive list of search and filter parameters

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
It's been days and I'm still getting error 999. I'm not sure if I had a hacked Pokémon that I didn't realize I had, that bank didn't recognize as hacked, or what it is since apparently hacked Pokémon still get through. There haven't really been any good official English responses about the problem either, just responses translated from Japanese that may not be accurate. Pretty disappointed by Home so far since I can't access it.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Trying to figure out how to best organise my Pokemon. It's such a mess right now, with Pokemon from like 7 different games (some of them back from Gen 3).

Oct 29, 2017
Is there a good guide somewhere on how I'd go about getting all my Pokémon from various games into Home? I never bothered using bank so I'd have to start from scratch

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Is there a good guide somewhere on how I'd go about getting all my Pokémon from various games into Home? I never bothered using bank so I'd have to start from scratch

0amjriwpyrd41.png

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I wish there was a one-button solution on the Switch one for "organise all my Pokemon in dex order from Box 1 to whatever it takes".
I was actually fully expecting features like this but I guess I was a bit naive 😅 Let's hope they will patch more functionality in.
Labels are really good on mobile, but then, the Switch app doesn't support it. 🙄
Are you serious? I hadn't even noticed that 🤦‍♂️

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Ahh balls. I've been SRing a Pikachu encounter that I put into Pal Park of Let's Go from GO. It had absolutely perfect stats, so all I had to do was get 31 in Spd in Let's Go and I'd be happy. Got a few 29s and 30s, but I just wanted that 31.

Accidentally saved on a 9.

(I can fix it in Sword, eventually, but ugh, I wanted perfection now)

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
is there a guide to know if you've recieved a hacked pokemon? i used wonder and suprise trade a lot yesterday and recieved many foreign language pokemon, non shiny but i don't know how to tell them apart? the only suspect one is a Charmander i recieved which has two dragon moves? are those egg move or are those hacked mon? i had legendaries in my bank that i transfered over and i'm now using my shiny decedye i had from Moon, which i reset like crazy to get, but could that be misconstrude as a hack?
I don't want banning for somehting outside my control

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, you can send over Pokémon from the old VC games on 3DS? How did I not know this.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
is there a guide to know if you've recieved a hacked pokemon? i used wonder and suprise trade a lot yesterday and recieved many foreign language pokemon, non shiny but i don't know how to tell them apart? the only suspect one is a Charmander i recieved which has two dragon moves? are those egg move or are those hacked mon? i had legendaries in my bank that i transfered over and i'm now using my shiny decedye i had from Moon, which i reset like crazy to get, but could that be misconstrude as a hack?
I don't want banning for somehting outside my control

Check Serebii to see if they're legit egg moves?

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, you can send over Pokémon from the old VC games on 3DS? How did I not know this.

Yup! Pretty easily too and you don't have to beat the VC game first or anything, just fire up Transporter and it'll throw them into Bank.

If you're crafty and have a homebrew-enabled 3DS you can even patch in your save files from old physical GB cartridges and bring those over!

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
Check Serebii to see if they're legit egg moves?
Didn't think of that,but they are all legit moves (Dragon Dance, Counter, Air cutter and Dragon Pulse) but that was the only mon i thought was a hack, how on earth do i know the rest now?

Its bull that Nintendo are banning people and there is no legit way to ell a hacked mon and if you've surprised recieved one. At this point i think Surprise and wonder trading are a liability if they are ban happy and should be didsabled until they can highlight hacked mons or only ban senders!

I wouldn't mind, years ago you could go on ebay and effectively order hacked mon and nothing happened, if i'd done that then fair enough but the fear of being banned just for using in game features legitimately (from my end) is crazy

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not convinced Wonder Trade works.
It 's pretty weird how both Wonder Trade and GTS are functioning right now. We know for a fact hundreds of thousands of people, if not millions are using Home, yet it takes HOURS to complete these simple trades that took less than a minute in Pokemon USUM.

Room trade and friend trade still don't work at all for me. This service is a giant mess and people should be compensated for the disastrous release in some form.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm sorry if a bunch of people have had this problem in this thread already because I didn't read through the thread, but is anyone getting an error when trying to link their Nintendo account to the app on iOS? I get "Unable to log in using your Nintendo Account. Please check the Q&A for your Nintendo Account".

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
What's the deal with the original color Magearna gift that's floating around?
I registered my full dex on the first day but I don't have anything in my gift box, is it because I'm missing some forms or something else?

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get SWSH, but the fear of the eventual death of either the 3DS online support or of my old beaten 3DS made me sign up for one month.
I've been mostly using the mobile app instead of the Switch one, since I own zero Pokémon games on Switch.

First of all, man, the textures on the mobile app are fugly. Dracovish' legs almost look like a sprite instead of a model. Also, while the renders used for dex pages look gorgeous, the models themselves look absolutely dull. Compare Magnemite's render to its 3D model to see what I mean.

Second, I loved the introduction of labels. Allowed me to severly cut down how many boxes I had, facilitating the organization proccess. Only thing I don't like about it is that apparently there's no way of searching for only non-labeled Pokémon? Seems like a pretty big oversight.

I also wanna consolidate my findings about the Wonder Box. I tried filling half of it and one hour later the other half. Like clockwork, 6 hours after putting the first group in, only those first five were traded. I waited one more hour to get the remaining ones to be traded as well. So I'm pretty confident saying there's a 6 hours timer for getting a Pokémon in Wonder Box traded. Which is a ridiculous decision.

About Phione, I can confirm that even though Phione shows up when filtering off Legendaries and Mythicals, I'm not able to trade any of mine, and they were not event distributed, I hatched them from my Manaphy in Pearl, and they have no trade restricting Ribbons. So there's that.

Your post made me realize someone could obtain the Gen 8 Pokemon without playing a Gen 8 game. Trading for an entire generation is not as interesting as catching it yourself...but still possible.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry if a bunch of people have had this problem in this thread already because I didn't read through the thread, but is anyone getting an error when trying to link their Nintendo account to the app on iOS? I get "Unable to log in using your Nintendo Account. Please check the Q&A for your Nintendo Account".
Try typing in username and password manually instead of using FaceID/TouchID.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Has anyone else noticed that some Pokemon will just move themselves around randomly? I had a Zacian in my Galar boxes, just logged in and the Zacian spot was empty, found it randomly in a Unova box instead. I'm just wondering if it's going to be a regular thing.