• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
My PokeBank sub expired long ago and the Pokémon left were still there when I signed on to transfer them to Home.
guess it depends then.

I had Hail, Rain Dance/Swift Swim, and Sunny Day teams that I had built in D&P (friends were big into battling at the time) among the rest that I transferred to Bank that weren't there after I let the sub expire for a year or so.

Last edited:

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Really sucks with Meltan because it and Melmetal are literally the only Pokemon I don't have. My Living Dex is sad.

And no, I'm not about to go buy Baby's First Pokemon and play 400 hours of Pokemon Go for it. Someday I'll get one in SwSh.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp for the few seconds that trade room was working seems that I wasn't able to select any event or mythical pokemon.

So seems like you can't trade with them at all in home.

SlyCoug88

Jan 10, 2018
Welp for the few seconds that trade room was working seems that I wasn't able to select any event or mythical pokemon.

So seems like you can't trade with them at all in home.

Lame. Definitely should have held off bringing some of my pokemon over. I have an extra Arceus and Meloetta just sitting in my home box now, and it looks like I can't do absolutely anything with them.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
If any of you guys see any challenges that I haven't catalogued, can you let me know? :)

The fact many don't appear until they're activated and are obscure like "Trade Lunatone & Solrock" or "Deposit Pulverizing Snorlax (the SM event one)" so until we work out how to extract, it may take a while

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
This app suck more than the in game online, truly a magnificent achievement. Wonder Box works in magical intervals, Trade Rooms kick you out immediately for no reason, features are split between to devices for reasons unknown to humanity.

Wack, they even have the courage of asking €17,99 yearly for this.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If any of you guys see any challenges that I haven't catalogued, can you let me know? :)

The fact many don't appear until they're activated and are obscure like "Trade Lunatone & Solrock" or "Deposit Pulverizing Snorlax (the SM event one)" so until we work out how to extract, it may take a while
These are two that I have that aren't on your Challenges page:
ewmHWp1.jpg
1yIsTEU.jpg

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017

Do you know if the Magearna Mystery Gift real or is that still up in the air?

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I haven't had any luck with my Wonder Box yet, but we shall see. I got all my mons from Bank transferred over which included my Shiny Grovyle who I love :D I also got my Cyndaquil who I've had for years onto Home now.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Really sucks with Meltan because it and Melmetal are literally the only Pokemon I don't have. My Living Dex is sad.

And no, I'm not about to go buy Baby's First Pokemon and play 400 hours of Pokemon Go for it. Someday I'll get one in SwSh.
I can give you a Meltan in SwSh later if you want. I have a ton (seriously, using just one of the items for it in Go gives you like 6-7 iirc). I don't have a Melmetal though.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need Meltan and Melmetal too. I assume due to the nature of how to get Melmetal few are willing to part with one though....

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
So let me get this straight. Say I have a friend in Canada that I want to trade pokemon with. Is it correct that I cannot do within Home because trading is only local?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I need Meltan and Melmetal too. I assume due to the nature of how to get Melmetal few are willing to part with one though....
I can at least give you a Meltan if you want one. I don't even have a Melmetal of my own yet though, lol. It takes too long to get one in Go. :/

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just not possible to trade items on the GTS?

I want a usable Zacian but every single one I get doesn't have the item -__-

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
The app's better than I was expecting in some regards but it's still not quite there yet. My biggest issues are:
  • I transferred a bunch of Meltan expecting to be able to use them in the GTS but they're blocked. And even worse, people are requesting them but despite that I can't actually give them one. Remove the stupid restrictions, there's no point to them.
  • Friend trades being local only is NONSENSE! What's the point of this feature!? It's especially frustrating because Sword and Shield don't have proper friend trades for whatever reason
  • The differences between the Switch app and phone app are annoying. I have to transfer Pokemon to Home on the Switch and then move over onto my phone to put them onto the GTS. Then there's things like challenges which you can only access on one device, and have to check back between the two version. It's so weird
  • No limited method of transferring Pokemon from Bank on a free plan. I really shouldn't have to pay so much for Pokemon I already have
The free plan gives you just enough to tempt you into the paid plan, but as much as I want to transfer my old Pokemon and get the extra trade and box slots the price is just way, way too much for what's on offer. I do wanna put together a Living Dex here because the presentation is great, but knowing that so many of the Pokemon will be locked there and unable to be taken back to their original games is offputting. It's always been like that but it's worse when you can't use some of them in ANY game at all for quite some time.

SlyCoug88

Jan 10, 2018
So many weird restrictions on this thing. I'm subscribed for a few months, but I'll need to see some improvements to keep a subscription for the long-run.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even think of this. Sure enough the Zamazenta I got doesn't have the item.

When I moved my Zacian into Home for the Dex entry, it stripped the sword off. At least it puts it in the game inventory and doesn't just delete it. I'm betting a lot of people don't know this yet.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017

"Trade Lunatone and Solrock"? Man, and I thought the Unova Eevee one was bad enough lololol

But I can confirm that is a thing lolol. It is something many people will do naturally when completing the dex though I guess, like the Deposit 30 Ditto one is trivial for us Pokemon breeding fanatics.

Oct 26, 2017
This has been such a great day getting all my old Pokes back. I still have about 2 boxes of battle ready pokes to trade into Shield. That's more than I was expecting.

Super excited to start using my teams again tonight. Also I have so much trade bait. If anyone has any good things to trade I've got so many duplicate old events to trade. Time to utilize the hordes of giveaways I've collected.