• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Not being able to see Research Goals on the mobile app is poor. I wanted to check while I am playing Pokemon, not have to quit out and load the Switch Home app.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In the app itself it states that the friend needs to be nearby

image0.png
What is even the point of having friend/qr code, if you can only trade locally? You could just open friend trade and see which phones are nearby then, no need for a friend system 🤦‍♂️

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to sync the Dex? I have all the Sword and Let's Go dex filled out, but none of them (except the ones I've transfered to Home) show up in Home.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017

Does anyone know offhand if any of these re-introduced Hidden Abilities are notable? I kind of assumed they were all available through raids

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not being able to see Research Goals on the mobile app is poor. I wanted to check while I am playing Pokemon, not have to quit out and load the Switch Home app.
And not being able to trade on the Switch version is poor too. Can't see a reason why there isn't feature parity exept for transfers between Switch games on Switch and eventually Go on mobile.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
So much work getting my boxes sorted again, this is gonna take a while. :lol

Anyone here got a Zeraora, Meltan and Melmetal for trade?

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017

Does anyone know offhand if any of these re-introduced Hidden Abilities are notable? I kind of assumed they were all available through raids

For VGC things like Clefairy and Liepard are notable.

Outside of that Sawk gets Sturdy?

Wait... what? Home can't tell if Pokés are hacked? This is ridiculous...
Pokemon files are simple enough that a "perfect" hack is indistinguishable from the real thing.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
One of my Wonder Box Pokémon finally became a Pokéball, telling me it had been traded! This was after 10 hours. Then I got a communication error.

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait... what? Home can't tell if Pokés are hacked? This is ridiculous...
Well it is possible to hack a Pokémon file that is indistinguishable from a legitmate Pokémon so a true hack check is impossible.

However it is absolutely possible to perform a legality check i.e. to check a file to see if it is theorectically possible to have been legitimately generated. But Game Freak have used legality check algorithms that are far inferior to those that are possible and have, in fact, been implemented in hacking tools such as PKHeX.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So are you able to login into multiple Android devices?
Not with the same account.

Latest discovery: You can only use the app on one smart device at a time.

If you log in on a second device, it considers your data "transferred" to that device, and it won't work any more on the first device.
If you want to use it again on the first device, you have to clear the first device's Home app storage (or reinstall the app), then go through the setup again.

Multiple Switches are fine though.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The free trade room is totally broken, at least on Android. It keeps kicking me out.

Oct 26, 2017
Watch that rapidash clip. The little squares at the end are not typical of shinies. They are rarer shinies, lol.

Well, there's an asterisk to that.
Wild encounters in SwSh are more likely to result in square shinies.
Shinies from any other source such as previous gen transfers and eggs in SwSh are more likely to be star shinies.

Oct 26, 2017
Are square shinies more common? I dunno, haven't encountered any (of either) in game yet.

For wild encounters in SwSh, yes. This is backed both by analysis of the code and anecdotal evidence.
But due to some weirdness with boosted shiny odds for wild encounters in SwSh most shinies probably come from Masuda Method eggs which are 15/16 to produce star shinies, so in that sense square shinies might be rarer overall.
It's all a bit of a mess to be honest.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
For wild encounters in SwSh, yes. This is backed both by analysis of the code and anecdotal evidence.
But due to some weirdness with boosted shiny odds for wild encounters in SwSh most shinies probably come from Masuda Method eggs which are 15/16 to produce star shinies, so in that sense square shinies might be rarer overall.
It's all a bit of a mess to be honest.
What a mess 😂🤣.

Draconestra

Avenger
Nov 2, 2017
Does anyone have a shiny Eevee or Pikachu from the Pokepass Mystery Gift that they don't want? I actually have a code but it turns out that it expired back in August of last year and I recently got the game for my birthday this past Sunday.

Same thing with the Shiny Solgaleo or Lunala from GameStop, but that code expired on Jan. 15, 2020. I was planning on getting Ultra Moon/Sun next month since I have a lot of games to catch up on.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok what idiot thought making friend trade a local only feature was even remotely a good idea? If people wanted to trade locally, why ever bother forcing them to use friend codes at all?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Wait. So what happens to my deposited pokemon if I have over 30 in home and I stop paying for premium? I'm unable to transfer tons of them into Sword still, so they'll be waiting until I can.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I really dislike how you cannot have more than 1 mobile device used at the same time.

I have an iOS and Android device and frequently switch between them. I switched it to my iOS phone and now cannot switch back to my Android with it saying its connected to another device...

All they have to do is force the user out of the app to the start screen when another device logs in if they are worried about hacking.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
No that's online, but it sucks and kicks you out just like with randoms.

Oh and local trades are also broken, me and my partner get immediate connection errors when it tries to connect us.

It's like everything besides the GTS is broken.
Sigh... Why is this so hard for GF?

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Transferring from Bank to Home now! I have my shinies and mons that have been with me for YEARS in my Bank - so excited to see them all up to date. The 30 day pass for Home is usually £2 something but I used my remaining 250 points to get that down to 19p so not a bad deal!