• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does trading/friend trading work on the app yet? Trying to do so with a friend but it's not working.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
I used the Pokémon Bank free trial period to transfer over my handful of shinies, competitive Pokémon, and Sword Exclusives to Home. Then, I basically stored everything else back in Moon because I don't want to rely on this subscription service in the years to come.
I'm tired of transferring everything. I'd much rather start over with my dex completion because it's more fun that way.

Anyway, I'm proud to say that my Hitmontop from Pokémon Colosseum made it over to Shield. Oh the journey it has been through.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Of course at this moment I do not know where I put my 3ds. Look forward to giving this a try. Neat to hear that the pokemon dex entries from bank gets registered to the new games.

Anyone else notice their Hyper Trained stats disappear with the Bank to Home migration?

Was curious about this as I was planning to hypertrain some legendaries before sending over.

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else notice their Hyper Trained stats disappear with the Bank to Home migration?

I haven't checked my Bank Pokemon, but I did notice that both Hyper Trained stats and Minted natures seemed to disappear when I put Pokemon from Shield into Home--but they reappeared once I transferred back to Shield. Might be the same situation here.

Ilagee

Nov 4, 2017
Oh interesting, the annual premium account is not priced the same depending on your device. On my Switch it is 15.99€, on iOS, 17.99€.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess if a Pokémon has an exclamation point on one of its moves, it's SOL and can't be transferred to SWSH?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't trade a Meltan because he's special? How can I get a non-special meltan?

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Welp I submitted a ticket to Pokemon since it's been 3 hours now, but yea I cannot access my account after bank transfer. Error 999.
Can login just fine on another Switch profile.

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Brought in the couple of shineys I had in Let's Go (Pikachu, Rhydon and Scyther) but the only one registered in the Pokedex that lets me toggle between normal and shiney is Rhydon; Pikachu and Scyther have the shiney option greyed out still. Weird.

Edit: turns out both of the two not displaying in the dex are female and have sexual dimorphism, and the dex only shows you the shiney for the one you've caught. I still had the toggle on male, so the option was greyed out.

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
I haven't checked my Bank Pokemon, but I did notice that both Hyper Trained stats and Minted natures seemed to disappear when I put Pokemon from Shield into Home--but they reappeared once I transferred back to Shield. Might be the same situation here.
It's not. All the Bank Pokémon I moved to Sword lost their Hyper Training when I checked them in-game.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

My girlfriend made a video showing Pokémon going from Colosseum, the furthest game away, all the way up to Sword & Shield...if any of you are curious

Jun 2, 2019
I have a paid year of Bank, so as of now I'll use Home to transfer pokemon directly from it to Sword, leaving the rest on Bank

Didn't expect a shadow drop o.o

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Is Bank free and if so how long? I heard when home comes out they'd make bank free for a bit.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Is Bank free and if so how long? I heard when home comes out they'd make bank free for a bit.

Yeah it free right now and for a month period. I used it to move over all the pokemon I got from the used copy of Platnium and White I had to HOME. I going through the series but just can't bring myself to delete the save with the legendary pokemon and high level mons.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Do we know of this counts towords the pokemon that will be coming at expansion pass?
Not yet but it will. Presently these 3 dozen Pokémon that weren't in the game can now be used
www.serebii.net

Transfer Only Pokémon - Pokémon Sword & Shield

Transfer Only Pokémon introduced in Pokémon Sword & Shield for Nintendo Switch. Lists all the Pokémon that can only be found in the game through transfer or events
They shouldn't since the ability to add them Sword and Shield isn't being added with the patches.
What? Yes it is. They said that.
So I've been without a 3DS for over 2yrs. Is my Pokémon Bank Pokémon deleted?
There's an option for "No 3DS" when moving from Bank. It brings everything over if it's connected to the same Nintendo Account as HOME

Jun 2, 2019
Can't find it on the Play Store. Has it been released on mobile too?

Wouldn't surprise me if Sword & Shield was basically running on a souped up version of the engine used for ORAS. Though it just makes things all the more irritating that the PSS was cut. But oops, I'm not supposed to complain about that because #Dexit.

This is a stupid post on multiple levels. First, this is no place to try to derail the thread with the Dexit bullshit. Second, if anything, it would be running on a souped up version of SUMO/USUM engine.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Not yet but it will. Presently these 3 dozen Pokémon that weren't in the game can now be used
www.serebii.net

Transfer Only Pokémon - Pokémon Sword & Shield

Transfer Only Pokémon introduced in Pokémon Sword & Shield for Nintendo Switch. Lists all the Pokémon that can only be found in the game through transfer or events

What? Yes it is. They said that.

There's an option for "No 3DS" when moving from Bank. It brings everything over if it's connected to the same Nintendo Account as HOME
He's asking if the 35 from today will count towards the 200 being added in when the expansions release and I'm saying they shouldn't because they are already capable of being transferred over to the games. Unless of course you have knowledge about it that I don't.
Can't find it on the Play Store. Has it been released on mobile too?
Yes.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Shoot, my 3DS is in storage and I won't have access to it until April. RIP free month of Bank

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone give a rundown as to what this is for the uninitiated? Do I have any reason to use this if I enjoy Pokemon games, but don't care about storing and transferring my Pokemon from one game to another?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
When I click on a Pokemon in a box on the Switch it only wants me to move it, I can only look at the details of a Pokemon in the complete overview after pressing X is that correct?

Kinda weird.

Also, it's crazy how different both apps look. I really like the design of the Switch app a lot more, like the Pokedex looks fantastic on it, it looks a bit worse on mobile, the Boxes look great because they look like we know them for years and it's not on the mobile version, but, the mobile version has literally all the features like trading, GTS, wonder box, sticker, 3D Pokemon (which look great, native 1440p on my phone).
So the Switch app has a hugely better design and overview but is useless besides trading from and to games.
While the mobile app has all the cool features and the instant accessibility, but looks worse.

tenor.gif

Deleted member 19742

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
There's basically only one thing I care about regarding this service (until the DLC is out, in which case I'll subscribe temporarily): what are the methods for getting BP? Because if you can get BP just from doing trading n' shit via Pokemon HOME, I'll totally use it, smartphone and all.