• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaultheNerd

Dec 25, 2018
I feel like considering the games have been announced publicly twice that we should expect some form of an XY-like trailer. The tweet features three balls which I assume allude to the starters anyway, so at least we may see them.

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ruffled rowlit about to have a fucking 20 min video about the tweet.

Also expect very little tomorrow. It's just not worth getting your hopes up for.

UrsaKota

Apr 17, 2018
I'm like this waiting for the Direct:

tenor.gif
I'm just alternating between them continuously now.

And then a million more will pop up lol.
at least we'll have some stuff to kind of...discuss? i mean obviously they might be lucky guesses but hey, more to talk about is always great!

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really REALLY hope this direct isn't as shitty as the Sun and Moon reveal.

At the least can we get:
  • The names of the games
  • Some ingame footage showing the artstyle
  • Showing what region it's based on
  • The starters/character's model

Super HOPES:
  • Showing whether or not battles are still random or if pokemon appear in the overworld
  • Showing the professor for these games
What would kill me
  • Another overly long nostalgia bait video

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
Guys, we won't get only logos. At least the starters, hoping by gameplay or cgi and not only draw.

Deleted member 54216

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 26, 2019
Hi i am new on era, and just got the permission to write here.
So exited for tomorrow as i am a fan since the early days. (goat gen is sinnoh imo)
I am gonna consum all the pokemon media available to make sure i am ready for the hopefully great gen 8 news.
7 minutes is enough to showcase the starters, the art style and the first City.
Cant wait to get in touch with the pokemon enthusiast here.

Aug 7, 2018
How long does it typically take for a new Trademark to appear for the new games?
I would assume Nintendo would probably put it in as soon as possible, now that a Direct is happening.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Kalos has a lot of my favorite Pokémon in it. I'm really interested in what the PokéDex for another region famous for its fairy tales and folklore will look like. The UK doesn't have a ton of strongly-associated native animals (hares and stags, maybe?) but is rich with fantasy mythology.

Mavrick07

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any possibility that these games could actually include Ash as the protagonist and it ties in with the new anime series. Kind of like a progression of what pokemon yellow did back in the day.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I want to see the logos, the starters, a bit of gameplay and the MCs. Give me that and I will be more than happy.

We are only gonna get the logos, right?

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Is there any possibility that these games could actually include Ash as the protagonist and it does in with the new anime series. Kind of like a progression of what pokemon yellow did back in the day.

No. Modern mainline Pokémon games are supposed to empower players of all kinds to self-insert with characters who represent themselves. That's why the series has adopted character customization.

Plus, the less anime influence in the Pokémon games, the better.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Did anything ever come of those rumors of the game being open world in a similar vein to Breath of the Wild? That would surely make it the best and most epic Pokémon game to date.

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody got a tldr of any leaks or rumors for this game before the big reveal tomorrow?

I'm presuming nothing to the caliber of the Route 26 leak exists this time right?

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Anybody got a tldr of any leaks or rumors for this game before the big reveal tomorrow?

I'm presuming nothing to the caliber of the Route 26 leak exists this time right?
It's hard to know if any of the leaks are legit at the moment because Pokemon Day was such an easy day to predict for a reveal. We probably won't find out until tomorrow.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
It's gonna be fun to look for the "leaks" in 4chan tomorrow to see who was actually telling the truth.

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Did anything ever come of those rumors of the game being open world in a similar vein to Breath of the Wild? That would surely make it the best and most epic Pokémon game to date.

There was never really anything to this.

"If we could find a way to make that kind of setting work with that gameplay and giving players a fun reason to go out and capture Pokemon, then there's always a possibility. Well that maybe is something that the fans want, but from my perspective the Zelda type of game is more suited to having a sword and going out and fighting enemies. Not sure it'd be best suited for going out and catching Pokemon."
https://gamerant.com/pokemon-switch-zelda-breath-wild/

At most, saying it will be like "Breath of the Wild" shouldn't be taken literally. Think more that Generation 8 may be to Pokémon what Breath of the Wild was for Zelda and what Super Mario Odyssey was for Mario. Both of those games bucked expectations and delivered something really fresh and new while still utilizing some of the franchises' oldest conventions.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
so, 7 minutes is longer than the s/m direct reveal right?

are we possibly getting starters with this too? Lets gooooooo

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Kalos has a lot of my favorite Pokémon in it. I'm really interested in what the PokéDex for another region famous for its fairy tales and folklore will look like. The UK doesn't have a ton of strongly-associated native animals (hares and stags, maybe?) but is rich with fantasy mythology.
If this UK rumor turns out true i will be unimagnatively upset if they even hint towards Fenekin/Vulpix hunts.

Nobody touch my babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.