• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Dropping random truths here

Best region: Sinnoh
Best Pika-clone: Pachirisu
Best regional bird: Staraptor
Best regional rodents: Furret & Bidoof
Best champion: Cynthia
Best rivals: Silver & Gladion
Best villain: Lusamine
Best team boss: Guzma
Best teams: Plasma & Galactic
Best starting town: New Bark Town
Best big city: Castelia City
Best professor: Kukui
Best water starter: Piplup
Best fire starters: Cyndaquil & Infernape
Best grass starters: Rowlet & Chikorita
Best Mythical: Shaymin

Feb 20, 2019
Dropping random truths here

Best region: Sinnoh
Best Pika-clone: Pachirisu
Best regional bird: Staraptor
Best regional rodents: Furret & Bidoof
Best champion: Cynthia
Best rivals: Silver & Gladion
Best villain: Lusamine
Best team boss: Guzma
Best teams: Plasma & Galactic
Best starting town: New Bark Town
Best big city: Castelia City
Best professor: Kukui
Best water starter: Piplup
Best fire starters: Cyndaquil & Infernape
Best grass starters: Rowlet & Chikorita
Best Mythical: Shaymin

Let me fix this:
Best villain: Ghetsis

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
has that peekybird account ever gotten anything right?

the pandaroo tweet is potentially exciting though, if im not mistaken that dude works at Ubisoft and has contacts at Nintendo. I remember him hinting towards pokemon quest and LGPE last year

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018

the pandaroo tweet is potentially exciting though, if im not mistaken that dude works at Ubisoft and has contacts at Nintendo. I remember him hinting towards pokemon quest and LGPE last year
Yes, he posted about the Nindies Direct a day (or two) before and he pointed the 13th for the general (after Zell though).

Maybe also something in the past, but this is what I can remember now.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I don't follow. Are you saying TPC have acknowledged it more this year than previous?
No. If anything the relevance has been gone with each passing year.

I'm saying it's a thing The Pokémon Company International do for promotion but The Pokémon Company in Japan largely ignores

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017

I think peekybird hinted about Joker and something Marvel related in December before TGA. When I found out about him, I went through its timeline and read these tweets, for this reason I'm looking at him trying to understand more if he really knows something.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm way late, but I just saw this mockup today
maxresdefault.jpg

The next Pokemon game will not look or play anything like this. But I so want it to...

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So, in the hypothetical scenario where next week is the week, what day would make sense? Pokémon day is Wednesday, so do you guys think they would want to host the announcement a day before (so tuesday) or could they do it during or after Pokémon day?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'm way late, but I just saw this mockup today
maxresdefault.jpg

The next Pokemon game will not look or play anything like this. But I so want it to...
It might not look as pretty but it will probably have Pokémon in the overworld like that, and it will probably have a controllable camera, and a bit more open environments. Honestly not that far from what's showcased here

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
We're probably getting new Snapchat filters for Pokemon Day and a developement update on the game stating the game has been delayed for 2020 and will launch on the next Xbox.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Please refer to this handy graph I have made for the cycle of Pokemon rumours and hype on ResetEra.

If you're wondering where we're at on this graph, we are continuously everywhere and nowhere at once. Schrodinger's hype cycle, if you will.

NNx9aHD.png

Last edited:

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
So it seems tomorrow is gonna be a fun day? Man, I will be expecting news all day long. Craving for the smallest bits of information.

Why do we keep doing this to ourselves every year.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Please refer to this handy graph I have made for the cycle of Pokemon rumours and hype on ResetEra.

If you're wondering where we're at on this graph, we are continuously everywhere and nowhere at once. Schrodinger's hype cycle, if you will.

Gp5yB7S.png
The part about "A Pokéon Direct is announced" is absent: it should be represented with a line which exceeds the upper edge of the graph exploding.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
It might not look as pretty but it will probably have Pokémon in the overworld like that, and it will probably have a controllable camera, and a bit more open environments. Honestly not that far from what's showcased here
I hope so. Overworld Pokemon seems like a lock after Let's Go and all the unused work they did for SuMo at least. I just want to keep dreaming the dream of "open world" Pokemon...
If they went for this much detail and pseudo realism for environments in a pokemon game, it would look so weird.
I mean, they're already doing "pseudo-realism" to a much higher degree with that Detective Pikachu film. And as much as I still think that is hideous nightmare fuel, most people seem to think it looks "great". Lol.
This is the lazier version of the horrible Unreal Engine 4 Pokémon videos that flood YouTube.
I mean, it's really just a "BotW mockup" of Pokemon. Which I would be so down for...with some changes accommodating for the fact that they are very different games of course, lol. Something like Dragon Quest XI, which successfully marries traditional turn-based combat with a massive, sprawling world.

Last edited:

JC317

May 29, 2018
BW had a great potential. A "new" Team Rocket with more experience, a great region with the most important plot of the entire Pokémon franchise and of course very cool characters.

The keyword here is 'had'. They reverted Team Rocket around 30 episodes in, had to throw out an important plot understandably because of a tragic earthquake, and ymmv on cool characters. In addition, they also knocked Ash's brains out before the beginning of the BW series to make him even less competent than in Kanto, and proceeded to stuff them back in between BW and XY.

The BW series had potential, but it was ruined because they wanted to soft reboot the anime.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Now we're getting somewhere. This guy works at Ubisoft iirc. He's probably just relaying water cooler talk he's heard, but he also alluded to the Nintendo Labo announcement a week or so before, so clearly word gets around about Nintendo stuff.
He posted about Labo after reading it on ERA, it was being discussed here since almost a week before. Only thing he guessed right was Quest. As for the rest, he is as reliable as Marcus Sellar. Stating something Pokemon-related could happen next week isn't that big of a claim.

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have we ever considered the possibility that these "Visit" videos are a hidden countdown to a Gen 8 tease? Like, the last video will be "Visit Alola!" and then the next day will be "Visit [Gen 8 Region]!" but it doesn't really show anything, just a tease at what kind of region it is.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so...

I mean, they're already doing "pseudo-realism" with that Detective Pikachu film. And as much as I still think that is hideous nightmare fuel, most people seem to think it looks "great". Lol.
So we agree it would look weird?
This is the lazier version of the horrible Unreal Engine 4 Pokémon videos that flood YouTube.
When I think pokemon aesthetic, I think realistic rock textures and being able to distinguish every blade of grass

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Have we ever considered the possibility that these "Visit" videos are a hidden countdown to a Gen 8 tease? Like, the last video will be "Visit Alola!" and then the next day will be "Visit [Gen 8 Region]!" but it doesn't really show anything, just a tease at what kind of region it is.
Why do you think everyone is excited about those "visit _____" tweets? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.