• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I hope Pokken 2 is closer to what I initially imagined (Tekken with Pokemon) and less like the original.

Pokken was fine just the former sounds better. Maybe more like Tekken Tag though

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never seen a thread so disappointed in hearing Pokemon news. Lack of actual Nintendo Direct news and the disappointment of SWSH might of done it.
Speaking only for myself, my disappointment is entirely due to how pokemon has been these last few years and nothing to do with Nintendos announcement cadence

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is about the least exciting Direct that Nintendo could've announced for me, other than a Smash direct.

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
It seems way too early to announce this year's main Pokemon game (either Lets Go Johto or Diamond/Pearl), seeing as SwSh are not even three months old and selling like... well... Pokemon.

20 minutes though, that's a lot more than we usually get for a Pokemon direct right? I remember them being very short...

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I hope Pokken 2 is closer to what I initially imagined (Tekken with Pokemon) and less like the original.

Pokken was fine just the former sounds better. Maybe more like Tekken Tag though
The Pokken hybrid system was a compromise for Pokémon that have a focus on attacking from a distance.

A clone of Tekken would make the roster very boring.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
It won't be a new main series game. It'd be bad business and anyone who makes that decision to cut off SWSH's legs after less than 2 months would not be fit for their job
It is unlikely to have a focus on mobile. Directs typically don't deal with mobile or things away from the games. This does not preclude games which are on both Switch and mobile however.

do you think DLC for sword/shield is likely at all, despite gamefreak's apparent stance on it.

It just seems weird that they'd announce a direct for the sole purpose of detailing home and raid events

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think if they announced Pokémon Let's go Johto that'd be good. Getting that out 2 years after LGPE wouldn't seem too rushed, and because the Lets Go games are it's own thing, it wouldn't kill the legs of Sword and Shield.

That said I don't expect it.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I think if they announced Pokémon Let's go Johto that'd be good. Getting that out 2 years after LGPE wouldn't seem too rushed, and because the Lets Go games are it's own thing, it wouldn't kill the legs of Sword and Shield.

Diamond and Pearl are older than HGSS so I'd expect Sinnoh as the next remake. Johto would be after that assuming they keep going in the same order of remaking the oldest thing

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

Well yeah, pretty sure they've already said they have no plans for going back to Let's Go.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

They said in October that they had no plans to do more Let's Go unless fans asked for it.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Diamond and Pearl are older than HGSS so I'd expect Sinnoh as the next remake. Johto would be after that assuming they keep going in the same order of remaking the oldest thing
So the only reason I thought Johto was a reasonable option is basically opportunity. They've built Kanto with LGPE. That's a significant chunk of the work done, even with the changes Kanto goes through. That plus the fact a LG Johto would be limited to 250 Pokémon...it feels like quite a good option workloads wise.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Never seen a thread so disappointed in hearing Pokemon news. Lack of actual Nintendo Direct news and the disappointment of SWSH might of done it.

I mean, it doesn't help that Sword and Shield is such a mess. I honestly feel like they screwed up with it despite sales. Just google Sword Shield exploit and there's an exploit for pretty much anything. It actually feels like it broke me. They removed over 400 Pokémon and you can get shinies, master balls, gmax very easily with little time.

Cieviz

Jan 11, 2018
Hoping for a paid "DLC Pokemon pack 1" with some of the cutted pokemon just for the reaction

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I want a patch that adds the rest of the pokemon to Sword/Shield via transferring and trading. But what I'll get is just a release date anouncement for Pokemon Home, and maybe a new mobile game.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Quick question, why is the direct at :30 and not at :00 like most directs?
9:30 seems like a weird time, why 9:30 and not 9:00?

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019

I just can't fathom what they'd announce that would interest me. It seems far too early for a mainline title to be announced, and I'm not really interested in any Pokemon spinoffs besides Mystery Dungeon. Home and Sleep don't seem terribly interesting to me, and that's what most people are thinking this will be about.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Last year I would've been jumping up and down of excitement.

But after everything that happened last year, I'm more afraid of what's to come than excited. Like, I don't even want to imagine what they're supposed to feature in this direct.

The only thing I think they "owed" us is Pokémon Home release (or like, you know, at least talk about it since we know nothing) and the app we've all been dying for, Pokémon Sleep. Other than that, there's that Pikachu Detective sequel I have no desires to play since I couldn't even finish the first one out of boredom.

DP remakes or SwSh sequel, I think (I hope) aren't coming just yet, so I'm really meh about this Direct.

But I'm always willing to be surprised.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll drip feed expand the Pokedex with the release of HOME. The competitive meta is awesome right now - probably because of the culling - but they're seeping in Gigantamax forms so they're clearly not averse to tweaking it. I don't understand the immediate point of HOME if they've made clear their intent to not make more Let's Go or if it's just foundation for longer term goals.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting Home to get some time, it is gonna be on Switch after all.

I feel like a spinoff game is more liekly for this year. Maybe a sequel to Pokken or a Mystery Dungeon.

I'd like a glimpse of the Detective Pikachu game, like is it a full sequel?

Oct 25, 2017
Beyond Pokémon HOME I'm not expecting anything mobile

Very much so.

My site for example has never done better in terms of visitors. People are actively playing and enjoying the game. This is doing better than SM which came off the GO hype.

I used your site a lot figuring out the wild area and weather.

Probably the most involved I've been with a Pokemon game since Diamond and Pearl

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Can we get a Pokemon management sim where you build up a Pokemon Safari and try to keep all your 'mons happy while attracting people to visit your safari? Like Planet Zoo but with Pokemon, and a safari instead of a zoo. And you can walk around your safari and snap photographs of your Pokemon to appease those Pokemon Snap people. (I would spend so much money on DLC Pokemon packs for said hypothetical game)