• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What’s your favorite Pokemon type?

• Normal and/or Fairy and/or Flying

Votes: 52 6.0%
  • Fire and/or Water and/or Grass

Votes: 246 28.3%
  • Psychic and/or Ghost

Votes: 205 23.6%
  • Rock and/or Ground and/or Bug

Votes: 40 4.6%
  • Electric and/or Dragon

Votes: 151 17.4%
  • Ice and/or Dark and/or Poison

Votes: 109 12.5%
  • Fighting and/or Steel

Votes: 66 7.6%

• Total voters

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Too bad they didn't bring back the old GTS trick to evolve trade evolutions without trading haha

That was the only way I got most of them back in the day

But that would have also meant we had a real gts :/

Sep 24, 2020
Damn, been looking for a Squirtle in the water caves for ages now, are they really rare? Found Bulbasaur, Charmander, Chimchar and Turtwig very quickly.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad they didn't bring back the old GTS trick to evolve trade evolutions without trading haha

That was the only way I got most of them back in the day

But that would have also meant we had a real gts :/
The game has so many exploits that it wouldn't surprise me if there is something related to trade evolution to be found.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
what determines if the pokemon following me has picked up an item - number of steps, time-based in-game or rl time?

hoping to get a wacan berry off it. got the right nature for it, at least. picked up a coba so it works but wrong berry

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
can't say I'm enjoying this postgame grind for mysterious shards. sometimes it takes forever to get the bar full online, then I just end up getting boxes with colour statues I don't care about

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
If I clone the Diamond Legendary exclusives is there anyone playing Pearl who'd be able to do the same for a trade?

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
It's the best one I've played on Switch for sure

I'd have to agree simply because it's based on an old Pokemon game before they made changes to the way they make the games. I hadn't played D/P since they originally released and had mostly forgot everything about the region. Gym puzzles that actually make you think for a second, Mount Coronet being this huge area with branching paths and areas to explore, etc.

I don't like the art style, the bugs, or some of the design decisions like forced exp share, but I'm having a great time.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
I have 4 Drought Torkoals with 3-4 perfect IV, relaxed nature (good for trick room) and yawn as an egg move. If anyone is interested hit me up.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
How does the group feature work? Like can we make an Era group and forgo the link codes? Or is it local only?

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Wondering if its a bug or somethng, the Poketch, when its minimize in the corner, is it normal touch function doesnt work? I find it a bit annoying when using the radar i have to put it full screen.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Yooo the new zl+zr duplicate glitch is legit. Ive got 30 vitamins of every kind in 30 mins or so!

alvmew

Nov 12, 2017
Damn, been looking for a Squirtle in the water caves for ages now, are they really rare? Found Bulbasaur, Charmander, Chimchar and Turtwig very quickly.

Might just be random, but yeah generally low encounter rates for the starters - I've now gotten all of the starters and with each type, one was really annoying to get to spawn. Got squirtle immediately, but Mudkip took half an hour even with a room full of water statues lol. Chikorita took almost an hour >.>

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my Drifloon and absolutely lost it after getting smacked by shadow ball + seeing the trainer closeup for good IVs. This game is wild. lol
Lol I just realized it's ghost and false swipe isn't gonna work. Oh well should be low level enough that paralyze plus quick ball should do the trick
If at the start of a wild encounter it shows the trainer close up before the pokemon that means the pokemon has two perfect IVs

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Lol I just realized it's ghost and false swipe isn't gonna work. Oh well should be low level enough that paralyze plus quick ball should do the trick

If at the start of a wild encounter it shows the trainer close up before the pokemon that means the pokemon has two perfect IVs
Oh shit, I thought that was the game just being dramatic for the hell of it, lol

Sep 24, 2020
Fuck, i used my masterball on Dialga so can't duplicate it.

Anyone with a duplicated masterball wanna help me out and send me one attached to a random Pokemon?

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So since release, our team at GG has been doing some amazing work on an extensive map for the Grand Underground so I thought I'd share it here in case some of you weren't aware of it. The map is high resolution and was created completely from scratch. It's still a work in progress and we're still verifying and adding more information, but we've done our best to make it as accurate as possible. There are a few bugs to fix (adding screenshots being one of them) but it should work fairly well.

So far, we've got:
  • TMs
  • Items
  • NPCs for Spiritomb quest
  • Sphere Trader Locations
  • Rest Points
We're still working on it, and we've got screenshots, more descriptions, and verifications to come but we'd appreciate any feedback and hope that everyone finds it useful.

Link: https://www.gamerguides.com/pokemon-brilliant-diamond-and-shining-pearl/maps/grand-underground

Ryan_09

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Fort Wayne, IN, USA
This game gets better every day. Gonna do this now before it gets patched.

Wait, what?
I read a post earlier that suggested that the game gives you a hint if a wild encounter has perfect stats (I think at least 2+) by doing a dramatic closeup of your character. I can't confirm it myself yet, as I don't have the judge feature unlocked, but it's probably worth catching anyways. Another poster caught a Drifloon with 4 perfect stats too; either they were extremely lucky or the Valley Windworks Drifloon has some guaranteed stats.

Edit: Ooof. Beaten harder than that Drifloon's shadow ball.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Ok, so I managed to clone all the Diamond exclusive legends using the Day Care glitch, so if anyone happens to do the same on Pearl and wants to trade let me know.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, E4 down.

Can someone detail what the battle oriented post game is like?

I usually lose all motivation at this point sine I'm not into catching them all so to speak, and interested in how much grinding I have to do or if there is still a good sense of adventure left

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
So since release, our team at GG has been doing some amazing work on an extensive map for the Grand Underground so I thought I'd share it here in case some of you weren't aware of it. The map is high resolution and was created completely from scratch. It's still a work in progress and we're still verifying and adding more information, but we've done our best to make it as accurate as possible. There are a few bugs to fix (adding screenshots being one of them) but it should work fairly well.

So far, we've got:
  • TMs
  • Items
  • NPCs for Spiritomb quest
  • Sphere Trader Locations
  • Rest Points
We're still working on it, and we've got screenshots, more descriptions, and verifications to come but we'd appreciate any feedback and hope that everyone finds it useful.

Link: https://www.gamerguides.com/pokemon-brilliant-diamond-and-shining-pearl/maps/grand-underground

This is great, nice to have it catalogued!

All these cloning and out of bounds glitches have me oddly nostalgic

It's such an old Pokémon thing to have these crazy glitches lol
I'm here glitching for rare candies like I never stopped playing Gen 1. It's great.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Every day I wake up hoping they found a box duplication glitch, just so we can get items faster lol.

Tamaa

May 16, 2021
Hello guys,

Can someone help me to evolve my Scyther please?

(and if someone has a cloned razor fang...)