• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Regigigas will finally be good for once! It only took 13 years.

Watch Regigigas be one of the Pokemon that gets cut.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Always happy to see D1 involved in Nintendo communities.

Nintendo and Pokemon have such a wide array of competitive games under their portfolio, just missing F-Zero right now.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Weezing's ability should be enough to finally give Whimsicott Sleep Powder.
It wouldn't be broken now.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are the rules for the Pokémon Go World Tournament? What's the CP and are there legendary restrictions?

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is Stealth Rocks and Spikes not a common part of VGC? That Ashton guy would've won pretty easily against that Fabio guy if he had put Stealth Rocks up. Heck, it would've been a quicker match.

OP
OP
N75

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
How is Stealth Rocks and Spikes not a common part of VGC? That Ashton guy would've won pretty easily against that Fabio guy if he had put Stealth Rocks up. Heck, it would've been a quicker match.
You only have 4 Pokemon in a VGC match with two out at a time, so switching isn't nearly as common as in Singles.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You only have 4 Pokemon in a VGC match with two out at a time, so switching isn't nearly as common as in Singles.

From the one match I got to sit down and watch and the rest that I've watched while doing other things there's a lot of Switching. If the Ashton guy had up Rocks or Spikes the Flavio guy would've lost himself the entire series with how much he was switching in and out his Pokémon.

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
Switching does happen in doubles, yeah, but first, Protect is a must on most pokemon so you can't just slap Stealth Rock anywhere. Trust me, Stealth rock has been explored at some point for VGC, but in the end it's not worth it.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Switching does happen in doubles, yeah, but first, Protect is a must on most pokemon so you can't just slap Stealth Rock anywhere. Trust me, Stealth rock has been explored at some point for VGC, but in the end it's not worth it.

Protect doesn't stop Stealth Rocks from going up.

The Ashton guy basically lost because the other guy knew how to pivot his Incineroar so that he could've get getting his Intimidate off. Rocks would've prevented that.

I don't even like doubles so I won't put the strategy I have into play.. lol... just a thought looking on from the outside.

I'm more of a singles kind of guy.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, I hate Stealth Rocks but in a Battles like these where there's prizes on the line I would use them, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes and play as a trapper making my opponent limit on what he's able to do.

It's a play style I don't like but on I would use.
Well the good thing about the no-pebbles meta is you might cause some upsets. Though it might mean you have to give up a move for it. But I'm guessing everyone has a defogger just in case

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well the good thing about the no-pebbles meta is you might cause some upsets. Though it might mean you have to give up a move for it. But I'm guessing everyone has a defogger just in case

You probably right... I was mainly making a observation.

It's hard calling anything a upset when the majority of teams are build almost the same. It's just who plays the team better.

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
Protect doesn't stop Stealth Rocks from going up.

By that I meant that you don't have as much move slot space as you may think. Yeah, there were a tons of switches in that Ashton vs Pidio game, but who would've setted up rocks? Smeargle? lol

As I said, it's been explored. It's kind of a meme by now among the community, "Stealth Rocks in vgc"