• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
You should hatch magikarp for the like 240 in between. As long as the pokes in the daycare are the same in regards to being foreign and/or ditto, they won't change your egg being shiny. They hatch so fast.

Yes, I know that I could use magikarp, but I've already hatched so many magikarp, I just want to see a different hatching animation
Can you get me an Electrike? Or is that too out of the way?
Sure, I have one on bank, what nature do you want?

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hatched a Shiny Mareanie with the wrong ability. So I'm starting over to hatch another with it's HA. The struggle continues.

Nov 27, 2017
the hype for switch pokemon new was too much. Went out and bought ultra sun this morning. Must say its way better than I thought it would be, lots more story than I was expecting. Was playing saphire last night to try and keep me from spending money but I couldnt help it, no regrets though Im going to get a lot of play out of it.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
No they have not, which is a bit of a shame as I want that gold bottle cap.

So far, I decided to use those festival missions to get tons of points for the plaza to change the fugly Rainbow Rocket castle. Good god, I remember why I despised the place compared to XY: Not counting the lack of voice chat, the fact you can't level up multiple levels at once is just a horrid design choice. I have 6K festival coins but since I have to keep getting 1-3 coins in order to have the leveling up catch up (usually to introduce random low level facilities with no purpose) it's going to be torment actually catching up to what things are worth. Plus the GTS one seems like it'll be successful anyway so there's even more to grind out. Why can't you just skip levels all at once and have the new buildings all presented to you in a row?

I also lost my drive to play through the battle tree, even though I have a team for normal mode and super. Ironically, it's not due to cheap difficulty or boredom from the early rounds (using Shiny Giratina Origin Forme and Shiny Mega Rayquaza in a double battle is tons of fun) but rather due to the godawful FPS drop, which on a N3DS without battle effect turned on became a huge problem in this mode moreso than in other situations. I can get why two god Pokemon would overwhelm the system with battle effects on, but you'd think they'd be capable of reducing the lag a little bit without any flashy battle effects taking place, so I stopped playing there. So far, only 37 hours spent with this game in total, only 10 of which have been after the post-game story, which is the least I've spent on any Pokemon game that launched after Gen II. Not a good sign for the lasting legacy of this game, honestly... I'm kinda wishing they did a lot more to expand this game and make it a proper third version with improvements to Gen VII as a whole (the deja vu of the story and the inability to skip those long, dull cutscenes killed the first 20 hours pre Aether for me) instead of a glorified content patch. The lack of a National Dex was the biggest killer by far and I still can't believe they would make the pokemon from the wormholes worthless as a result of it.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Just letting ya'll know that they are sending out the legendary codes now.

Seems like they are doing 'em in batches so probably by end of today or something if you haven't got one yet.

Last edited:

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
So stupid that you get one unique code so those with multiple games (Moon and Ultra Sun in my case) can only redeem it once. European players got the event at the beginning of the month and were able to redeem it on all their games without worrying about the newsletter.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I have two pokemon newsletters but I agree it's dumb to do it this way. I almost didn't think my alt was going to get one.

Hopefully they don't use this method again.

KsG

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Still haven't got the Newsletter and signed up on two emails. Hopefully by end of the day they show up.

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat the Elite 4. Have to say, as my first Gen VII experience, the game was awesome. The plot was a bit whatever, but I really enjoyed the characters and the side quests really brought the world to life. Loved Alola as a region as well, even if it was a bit small. Can't wait to get into post game!

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I use gmail. Never did receive them on either account

You sure you signed up before March 1st, or whatever the cut off was?

I have a hotmail and a gmail and both got a code. Though you could try contacting support, I had to do that once when they were giving codes away for z-moves or something. I forget now.

KsG

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
You sure you signed up before March 1st, or whatever the cut off was?

I have a hotmail and a gmail and both got a code. Though you could try contacting support, I had to do that once when they were giving codes away for z-moves or something. I forget now.

Yeah I was definitely signed up by March 1st. My one account is from black and white and the second account I made was on Feb. 22. I'll give customer service a try and go from there

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Fighting against an entire setup team with multiple entry hazards just now reminds me of why GF should add a new move to help check them, especially Stealth Rocks. I thought of something off the top of my head that could work.

Paved Way - Switches out and protects incoming Pokemon from entry hazards

I'm sure it'd have to be limited to just a few Pokemon or else it might nerf hazards too much. Also, an ability that works similarly just minus the switching (Just protecting the incoming Pokemon after the one with the ability) would also work.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have any spare NA Heatran / Regigagas code? I checked and it seems like I was signed up, but since I haven't opened a Pokemon email in awhile I think they stop allowing them to be received.:(

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Wow. The Raikou & Entei distribution is honestly all over the place depending where you live according to serebii.net. lol

Anyone have any spare NA Heatran / Regigagas code? I checked and it seems like I was signed up, but since I haven't opened a Pokemon email in awhile I think they stop allowing them to be received.:(

You could try contacting their support. I had to do it once when they gave a stone (I don't recall if it was an evolution stone or z-moves) but they eventually gave me a code via support so maybe they will do the same here.

Last edited:

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The Pokémon Company has put out a Battle Video including Zeraora, which also gives you the option to battle against it ahead of launch Code: QKUW-WWWW-WWWL-J5TL

This is really cool of them to do

DbryrbUW4AAe81a.jpg
DbrysbIW4AA3_1S.jpg

Dec 20, 2017
Anyone got an own tempo rockruff they can trade me? I don't care what stats or anything. I nuked mine when I reset my game having forgot about him. Feels bad.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got an own tempo rockruff they can trade me? I don't care what stats or anything. I nuked mine when I reset my game having forgot about him. Feels bad.
I can do it if you help me out evolving this Swirlix I have. All I need is a back and forth trade.

As for the Rockruff, are you fine with an egg, or should I hatch it first? I think the egg Pokémon should have the same ability as the parent since I bred with a Ditto.

FC is 0533 - 4832 - 7806
in-game name is Zed

Dec 20, 2017
I can do it if you help me out evolving this Swirlix I have. All I need is a back and forth trade.

As for the Rockruff, are you fine with an egg, or should I hatch it first? I think the egg Pokémon should have the same ability as the parent since I bred with a Ditto.

FC is 0533 - 4832 - 7806
in-game name is Zed
Thanks! I've sent you a pm. An egg is totally fine and an own tempo rockruff when bred with a ditto will make another own tempo.

hemtae

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have a Own Tempo Rockruff that I can have for pretty much nothing? Any nature or IVs. Apparent that was a limited event that I missed the boat on.

EDIT: Got one

Last edited:

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Anyone have one of those extra special dittos for breeding purposes? I have ultra moon and basically nothing to offer in return.

Edit: And/Or a Yveltal code? No GameStop's in my area sadly.

Last edited:

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Double post but it's been forever.

Going for my first shiny charm. Completed first island Pokedex, 75% total dex so far.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone here have an spare Marshadow? I can offer pretty much every other pokémon in exchange

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
Hey PokeEra, got a quick question for you guys. I realize this specifically an Ultra S/M thread but I'm not sure where else to ask so here goes.

With all the recent pokemon news and hype I'm looking to jump back into the series, but not entirely sure which game to try first.

My history with Pokemon is basically played Red as a kid and absolutely loved, later played Ruby on the GBA and enjoyed it as well. However, that's pretty much where my Pokemon RPG series legitimate playthroughs ended. I bought Pokemon Y when it first came out but couldn't get past a couple hours. And I also decided to get Omega Ruby since it's a remake of a game I previously enjoyed but even that I felt like early parts of the game were boring so i never continued.

I'm willing to jump back in now after all the recent news. I've heard many good things about Pokemon Black and White. Is that the best place to start? Or should i jump straight to the newest (Ultra) Sun and Moon? Or something else entirely perhaps? Appreciate any advice!

WPS

Oct 25, 2017
My history with Pokemon is basically played Red as a kid and absolutely loved, later played Ruby on the GBA and enjoyed it as well. However, that's pretty much where my Pokemon RPG series legitimate playthroughs ended. I bought Pokemon Y when it first came out but couldn't get past a couple hours. And I also decided to get Omega Ruby since it's a remake of a game I previously enjoyed but even that I felt like early parts of the game were boring so i never continued.

If you have a habit of getting bored in the first few hours and stopping, I would think twice about 8th gen. They make up for it in other ways, but they are excruciatingly slow paced and if feels like the tutorial section lasts all the way through the first third of the game.

The pacing of BW will feel a lot closer to what you're used to from Red and Ruby.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Anyone have an own tempo rockruff?

No way for me to get one at this point sadly. Any help would be appreciated!

Also, completed the dex 100% for the first time ever! Now I'm 700 eggs deep in trying to breed a shiny Eevee.

Last edited:

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
Anyone have an own tempo rockruff?

No way for me to get one at this point sadly. Any help would be appreciated!

Also, completed the dex 100% for the first time ever! Now I'm 700 eggs deep in trying to breed a shiny Eevee.
I have breedjects of own tempo Rockruff. Jolly natures. Let me know if you still need one. I can trade in about 2 hours from now.

One more thing about this Zygarde distribution, are the nature's random?
You can soft reset for your preferred nature of the shiny Zygarde

Last edited: