• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
So is there any real improvement in the main campaign or it's really the same as some people said ?
Outside of some different Pokemon available here and there, only subtle differences in the story until around after the 3rd island, then there's much more changes.

I'm still enjoying myself, but I wouldn't really recommend this to anybody who isn't a Pokemon fan or someone who hated Sun/Moon.

exhume

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I see. I tapped his eyes and he's back to what he was like in vanilla sun. I'm only at the beginning of the game and when I got rotomdex he was looking at me like he was fed up with life. All is good now.
Oh, does that mean if you tap his eyes he starts blinking at you all the time again? Guess I'm never playing Roto Loto!

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a different way from Sun and Moon to get a King's Rock this time?

Just

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I started my Ultra-journey same way as I did with original Sun version.
I spent my first hours searching for all Pokemons in Route 1 with optimal natures, for potential in-game team.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Actually overwhelmed by some of the new early route Pokemon. Buneary, Inkay, Zorua, Mime Jr, Ekans, Furfrou and Murkrow are all awesome to have.

Lost early Misdreavus for Murkrow though lol.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Hey guys! My girlfriend is getting into Pokemon hardcore right now, thanks to seeing me play a Suicune raid with a bunch of strangers in Disneyland, and has zoomed to level 21 in just 4 days.

She wants to get into the games and animation, and I think Ultra Sun/Moon will be a great starting point for her, game-wise.

As for the animation, we watched Pokemon Origins together, and she loved it. However, we also saw "I Chose You..." in theaters, and while she enjoyed the first half, the second half (especially THAT scene) left her feeling pretty "meh" on it.

How's the Pokemon Sun/Moon series in general, and as a starting point? Is Ash as obnoxious as usual, or has the show gotten better since its earlier decades? Thanks!

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to save just before you get your starter, at least? That whole sequence took about 5 minutes in SM I think. Doesn't sound too long on its own, maybe, but if you have to reset 15 times...
Yeah, you can save right before you hit the tall grass with Him good.
However, it still takes like 3 minutes after that.

8 resets for me.

Last edited:

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Yay I can finally post on Era!

A couple questions to anyone who already had some decent time with the game:

1) Is USUM already compatible with Pokémon Bank? Or do we have to wait for a future update?

2) SuMo didn't have the options I was looking for in terms of hairstyles. Anyone know if we finally got dreadlocks in this one?

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Yay I can finally post on Era!

A couple questions to anyone who already had some decent time with the game:

1) Is USUM already compatible with Pokémon Bank? Or do we have to wait for a future update?

2) SuMo didn't have the options I was looking for in terms of hairstyles. Anyone know if we finally got dreadlocks in this one?
1- Pokemon Bank will be compatible at the end of November
2- I don't remember if the game offers more than one Hair Salon but at the very least I can tell you that the first Salon you run into in Hau'oli City doesnt offer such option.

Valdfellgar

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Well, seems I'll be getting release day games from Best Buy from now on, or really anyone but Amazon. This is the second time they've promised release day delivery and my tracking says it's not even out for delivery right now, but will magically be here before 8pm (40 minutes to go.) Man my wife is sad.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys! My girlfriend is getting into Pokemon hardcore right now, thanks to seeing me play a Suicune raid with a bunch of strangers in Disneyland, and has zoomed to level 21 in just 4 days.

She wants to get into the games and animation, and I think Ultra Sun/Moon will be a great starting point for her, game-wise.

As for the animation, we watched Pokemon Origins together, and she loved it. However, we also saw "I Chose You..." in theaters, and while she enjoyed the first half, the second half (especially THAT scene) left her feeling pretty "meh" on it.

How's the Pokemon Sun/Moon series in general, and as a starting point? Is Ash as obnoxious as usual, or has the show gotten better since its earlier decades? Thanks!

I don't watch the TV show, but people in the Pokemon community thread probably do. Might be better to ask there.

Oct 25, 2017
Presentation and UI are better than they've ever been. I actually uttered the words "holy shit" when it transitioned into my first battle with a wild Pokemon.

What is this game? Is it just the original game with more stuff or what?
It's the Yellow/ Emerald/ Platinum of gen 7. Same overall story with some changes and new characters and features here and there.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
If it's night in your game at the moment and you've beaten Hala go to the new beach on MeleMele Island and talk to the youngster on the shore, then go back to the trainer school.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
The UI redesign is pretty drastic. I can't believe how long they kept it under wraps. The bag changes are the most significant so far.
It's nice to see the subtle changes here and there. I'm only about 3 hours in right now. Gonna take it really slow.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Has anyone figured out how to retrieve your free Master Ball for registering the game with the Global Link? I registered but can't seem to initiate the giveaway and the PGL website is infamously slow and difficult to navigate. I can't figure out how it's distributed.

Separately but relatedly, how is the Rockruff handed out? It's a WiFi Mystery Gift, right?

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone figured out how to retrieve your free Master Ball for registering the game with the Global Link? I registered but can't seem to initiate the giveaway and the PGL website is infamously slow and difficult to navigate. I can't figure out how it's distributed.

Separately but relatedly, how is the Rockruff handed out? It's a WiFi Mystery Gift, right?
yeah, wifi mystery gift

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Man I don't know which Pokemon to use, they added a lot of fun picks to island 1.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
Friend got the dual pack and offered to sell me one for 15 bucks. I'll bite for that. Don't have access to my 3DS til next week though. Honestly the coolest stuff looks like the remixes and the handful of totem-sized mons.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Just started a little while ago and my favorite change so far is that there's a Nintendo Switch in the MC's room instead of a Wii U lol.

Also I'm weirded out by save not being a start menu option...

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Gonna do a Dog-Only run. Popplio as the starter (since seals are just ocean dogs) and only dogs from there on out. Growlithe, Rockruff, Smeargle, and Furfrou are all on island 1, then Lillipup, Houndour, and Snubbull later on. Not sure if I'll allow other kinda-dogs like Eevee or Zorua, might depend on how things go.