• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Me: "Game seems like a waste of time and money."

Anyways I just bought it in eshop and it's downloading and I am excited to dig in. Not planning a team and just seeing what I want as I go through.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Hm, you guys say Grass, eh? Not sure if I will pick it in the end, but I did choose the grass starter for now.

Deleted member 25140

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Managed to grab my copy for only £32 from Argos here in the UK. I refuse to buy from GAME if I can help it but I thought I'd take a peek at how much they're selling it for and to the shock of nobody it's £39.99... preowned copies for £37.99 as well? Ok then

d76.gif

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Are these the Pokemon bad guys? It's crazy that I've played every Pokemon mainline RPG since the first game when it released, and I've beaten almost all of them twice over, yet I can't remember or name a single one of these people except for Giovanni. Pokemon has such astonishingly terrible villains. I remember that one of them was called Lysandre but which one that is I could not say. The dude with the blue Bandana on is definitely gen 3, too. I can say that much.
That's because Giovanni is the only one who operated his organization with a clear goal that would not result in their own self destruction (Conquer the region with strong Pokemon and Money), didn't dress their organization to look like a bunch of tools or look like they belong in a J-pop video, and is still the only one who gets main stream appeal (through TCG, Pokemon Anime specials and Jessie & James still keep the Team Rocket name alive).

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Bless the fine people who gave us Defog Move Tutor. Been pretty much one of my top 3 wishes came through.

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I can't decide which starter to go with this time around. Went Popplio in Sun, and Rowlet would ordinarily be my next choice, but there are a bunch of other Grass-types that I kinda want to try to use in comparison to, well, not really any Fire-types that are available in this game. I like Litten well enough, too, but I really want to give Decidueye a shot. Hm.

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm debating if I want to get this game. how's the post game? are there actually decent ways to level up pokemon this time?

Oct 29, 2017
USA
1) They fixed some of the camera angles in Hau'oli City! This was high on my list of desired minor changes. It's much easier to navigate the city now.

2) The RotomDex popping up when you get encounter new wild Pokémon is a nice touch.

Igama

Oct 27, 2017
Got it this morning, chose Ultra Sun after playing Moon, my brother picked UM after playing Sun.

Picked Litten this time (although Primarina is still the best). Don't know about the rest of the team yet, will be deciding as I play. I'll try not to repeat any Pokémon from my Moon playthrough though.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Welp got a total wipeout from Totem Raticate. The main reason why I got screwed was because I forgot about the fact Totem battles were a 2 v 1 so I was getting set up and pecked by a Rattata and the totem. If I remembered that and frontlined with my Popplio and spammed Disarming Voice I could've won with maybe one casualty. Oh well guess I'll play through the game normally.

Rest in pepperoni

Daih the Grubbin
Died because i thought i could get away with sending him out on low health in front of Hau's Litten fot EXP

Ierd the Mime Jr.
Critical Poison Sting from a wild Ekans

Hexup the Gastly
Got screwed by a trainer having Murkrow with Pursuit

The team screwed over by Totem Raticate

Shigure the Popplio
Fenrir the Rockruff
Regal the Meowth
Pog the Slowpoke

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Inkay is really great early on. It gets Foul Play extremely early which is amazing against physical attackers. Really strong.

MLH

Oct 26, 2017
So this game has been completely off my radar, honestly not sure if I even want it, just got bored of Sun & Moon and never completed it, but what does everyone think: Is this version improved enough to worth trying again?

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
Ultra Moon is almost done downloading! Pretty excited to play since I've set some ground rules that should make the game more challenging and interesting.

1. Picking Rowlet, and it's getting boxed ASAP.
2. Playing on Set instead of Shift
3. EXP Share will be turned off and stay off.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
So this game has been completely off my radar, honestly not sure if I even want it, just got bored of Sun & Moon and never completed it, but what does everyone think: Is this version improved enough to worth trying again?
You're not gonna like these if the first games didn't interest you.

Lavenza

Oct 27, 2017
Tempted to pick this up, put many many hours into Moon and really loved it (haven't touched it since December after getting burnt out on breeding).

Will probably do so when Pokebank is out though, have way too many Shiny/Perfect IV pokemon (that are Level 1) that I would like to use from the start.

Nocchi

Oct 30, 2017
I still don't know what this game is. I didn't play Sun or Moon...is this a direct sequel to them like Black/White 2 was to the first ones, or is it completely stand alone? Is it a redo of the first ones?

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help me out? There's only one thing I want to know before starting the game. And that thing is

Can you the girl get the chicken hat from the first game in this one?

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, not even an hour in and I find this:

yavU99a.jpg

I've found a bunch of shiny Pokemon in my day but I think this is the first one I've caught pre-Shiny Charm or without the Masuda method since like...Gen 3. Guess I'm using an Inkay in this file, huh?

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I'll be running Inkay and maybe my event Celebi once I'm closer to level 30 with other Pokes.

Really disappointed that Bank isn't updated.
Glad I bred those pokes for nothing.

Blackquill

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is there any real improvement in the main campaign or it's really the same as some people said ?

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
What are the requirements for the shiny charm? I might wait until Bank support it added and do the majority of the game with the charm.

WoollyTitan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Maldovarium
My copy (Amazon's steelbook edition) just arrived........and it's damaged. =_= Bubble mailer, naturally. This is becoming stupidly all too common. I remember the same crap with Fire Emblem Warriors (though I got mine at Best Buy).

Anyone else got their copies all messed up?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So just saw the page on serebii about interactable pokemon, and I'm really wondering why something like the ditto 5 didn't happen ages ago, because it's an absolute god send

Ekakkubris

Oct 31, 2017
East Bay, California
Hmm... Despite what I saw from the leaks and being excited for all the move changes and additional pokemon, I'm still hesitant on purchasing this game, because there haven't been enough features and changes to make me get back into the game.

For anyone who's... beaten the game, how's the trainer battles? How plentiful are they (because it felt pretty light in SM)? Is there any place for fast level up grinding (another thing I hated about SM)?

Basically, is this game more engaging when it comes to getting ready for online play? Is it more engaging for Trainer Battles, both during the main and post-game?