• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not at all, because I could run into them after the fact. I also never went for a living dex. This has nothing to do with anything. Once again, commenting on the fact that the cuts were made to focus on other areas of the game.
diamon and pearl still had the data for those pokes. you could easily import them from your older games. your moving the goal post with that statement.

Reviews that don't bring the dexit cut into consideration are playing from a "how does this play to a new player" perspective. In which case the Dexit won't matter either way. Others will base it on the core experience so Dexit won't be a major focus on their reviews. Dexit not being in a focus in a review is simply because the person reviewing it doesn't think it will hurt the base experience. No amount of "you need to talk about the Dexit and factor it in" is going to change their minds.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of you have had these same points explained to you repeatedly. Why are you being willfully ignorant about people's issues with the game?

I'm not willfully ignorant. I know the problems with "Dexit", I'm also saying if it's not in the blasted review, that doesn't mean "oh well this person doesn't get it"/

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
While the cut Pokemon is disappointing, what completely turned me off was the lack of post game. Although, in retrospect, I should have seen this coming; since XY, Pokemon hasn't had a good postgame. The leaks just made the matter worse.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Reviews that don't bring the dexit cut into consideration are playing from a "how does this play to a new player" perspective. In which case the Dexit won't matter either way. Others will base it on the core experience so Dexit won't be a major focus on their reviews. Dexit not being in a focus in a review is simply because the person reviewing it doesn't think it will hurt the base experience. No amount of "you need to talk about the Dexit and factor it in" is going to change their minds.
Ok, then I hope they focus on how the base experience is a tremendous let down for Pokemons first "real" mainline game on the Switch.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
There was never any chance reviews OR sales would be impacted. Most reviewers are the definition of playing through most of the main story and never playing the game again past that.

Mass Effect 3 also had 8-10/10 with most reviewers but look at the state of the company and the IP now? The reason this bothers anyone is simply because of the community. We had and STILL have a lot of people who DO play beyond post game and do go more in depth with the games beyond a simple review playthrough have consistently downplayed, ommitted or straight up LIED about why people were mad about the removal of cuts and features. In the event that they couldnt play indifference without looking an ass they simply displayed harsh unsympathy and belittled fans for being entitled and toxic to an almost cultish degree.
To me that is where the real issue lies. Not reviewers on shitty deadlines forced to play through a game where they can copy/paste 80% of the review from previous games and change the words around and maybe bring up NatDex.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
I'm not willfully ignorant. I know the problems with "Dexit", I'm also saying if it's not in the blasted review, that doesn't mean "oh well this person doesn't get it"/
That's a bit different from the implication in the post I quoted, don't you think? 'Not being able to catch a living dex' isn't the only problem the cuts introduce.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Antagonizing
I'm sure you are in a great position to say what newcomers to the franchise, including children and casual gamers, are looking to get out of it.
I'm at least in a position to say they sure as hell aren't getting a $60 game :) Plus, aren't you supposed to be ignoring me, friend?

...and if they find it fun and enjoyable and give it a good score?
Then I won't trust that reviewers opinion going forward if they somehow find a way to give this game a good score.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure you are in a great position to say what newcomers to the franchise, including children and casual gamers, are looking to get out of it.

They'll see for themselves. The GIFs speak a lot of what's in store regarding polish.

Oh and when they have to go to Reddit to find people to trade pokemon with, via friend code, in the year 2019.

Oct 28, 2019
Don't care much about Dexit as I have no connection to any of these critters, but I do care what my 50 quid gets me. And I'm very sorry to see that it's not a lot to my standards.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ME:A was the first next gen mass effect and old fans were allowed to criticize that. Same with fallout 4.
This has literally nothing to do with my post.

I'm at least in a position to say they sure as hell aren't getting a $60 game :) Plus, aren't you supposed to be ignoring me, friend?

Huh? I've never ignored anyone nor threatened to ignore anyone. I'd stick to just replying to my arguments, friend?

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
Pal Park was legit horrible not gonna lie.
I remember getting annoyed at how tedious it felt in D/P to import all of my old Pokémon. I'm glad that bank streamlined the process.

I had to look up the gen 5 process again and wow, I don't remember it at all. The Poke Transfer minigame just sounds frustrating.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a bit different from the implication in the post I quoted, don't you think? 'Not being able to catch a living dex' isn't the only problem the cuts introduce.

Fine,

"Pokemon reviews may or may not care about the Dexit cut because many play it as if its a standalone title. For many reviewers there won't be any noticeable difference between Pokemon not being catchable in Sword/Shield or in Diamond/Pearl since this will only matter to those with Pokemon from other games. As such, these people won't put much emphasis on Dexit in their review scores."

Better?

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
XblHasH.jpg

Yandere eyes, spooky

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They'll see for themselves. The GIFs speak a lot of what's in store regarding polish.

Oh and when they have to go to Reddit to find people to trade pokemon with, via friend code, in the year 2019.
In all fairness that's a problem with the Switch not the game and friend codes aren't all that bad with the Switch. All you need to do is exchange on code to send an invite and once they've accepted it then it's done

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Okay, so I'd been holding off checking out which Pokemon had been cut from the Dex, and I finally did:

What the actual fuck? Like. What the fuck?

I am struggling to process... whatever possible process led to this result.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so I'd been holding off checking out which Pokemon had been cut from the Dex, and I finally did:

What the actual fuck? Like. What the fuck?

I am struggling to process... whatever possible process led to this result.
According to some rumor their importer broke and they weren't able to fix it within the deadline. Good news is that if the rumor is true they intend to fix it and have the next games not have cuts. Assuming it's true

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It kind of does. Every new game in a series has newcomers. That doesn't change how games are reviewed.
You were talking about "allowing to criticize" and stuff like that. If there is one thing I've consistently said in this thread it's that it's fine if people unhappy with the game voice their opinion. I don't feel like adding that to every single post I make, though.

neonneongod

Feb 21, 2019
...are you serious? They reviewed the game well or liked the game therefore they're wrong?
stepping back from the ledge a bit it's entirely fair to look at a particular reviewer's take on a game you end up strongly disliking and file that away for future reference, as your priorities and likes for what constitutes an enjoyable experience may not line up.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
stepping back from the ledge a bit it's entirely fair to look at a particular reviewer's take on a game you end up strongly disliking and file that away for future reference, as your priorities and likes for what constitutes an enjoyable experience may not line up.
This is how reviews should be used. Instead of commenting how people review games, find the reviewers that usually suit your tastes.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Man, I'm still pumped to pick up Sword and Shield this week. Sucks to see y'all are hating.

Good for you. I'm not hating anything. I have issues with the game. I'm also still getting it.

Just because someone got an issue with something that was removed/cut doesnt mean they will not touch the game with a 10ft pole
Likewise just because someone is getting the game they dont need to agree every change is positive and only say good things about it.

MichaelEM3

Oct 28, 2017
Did we ever gain clarification on Appletun vs Flapple and whether or not the items to evolve Applin are version exclusive?

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
This has literally nothing to do with my post.

Huh? I've never ignored anyone nor threatened to ignore anyone. I'd stick to just replying to my arguments, friend?

That's on me, I mixed you up with someone from the last page so I do apologize for that snark.
...are you serious? They reviewed the game well or liked the game therefore they're wrong?
At the end of the day, we are supposed to make our own decisions, no? If a reviewer refuses to talk about all the issues we're seeing with the game and instead focus on "how cute Grookey is" and "wow the Wild Area lets you see pokemon out in the open WOAH" then why should I bother trusting their reviews?

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
how many times can you raid in a day? I heard it was limited?
Unlimited amounts of times, but after the first raid of the day, every raid afterward will give you less of the currency to purchase special items with.
Did we ever gain clarification on Appletun vs Flapple and whether or not the items to evolve Applin are version exclusive?
I'm still not sure about that myself, lol. All I know is that the RAID for Gigantamax Appletun is Shield exclusive and the one for Flapple is Sword exclusive. I have no idea about the items and nobody has answered me.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
Fine,

"Pokemon reviews may or may not care about the Dexit cut because many play it as if its a standalone title. For many reviewers there won't be any noticeable difference between Pokemon not being catchable in Sword/Shield or in Diamond/Pearl since this will only matter to those with Pokemon from other games. As such, these people won't put much emphasis on Dexit in their review scores."

Better?
Yes, I don't usually have issues when people explain what they actually mean, instead of using disingenuous comparisons as a shorthand.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
That's on me, I mixed you up with someone from the last page so I do apologize for that snark.

At the end of the day, we are supposed to make our own decisions, no? If a reviewer refuses to talk about all the issues we're seeing with the game and instead focus on "how cute Grookey is" and "wow the Wild Area lets you see pokemon out in the open WOAH" then why should I bother trusting their reviews?
I don't trust reviews in general. Dktf got like 80 overall yet most here would say its a gotg. Days gone is absolutely not a 71 overall. Famitsu said other m is better than most metroid games.

CyberMonkey

Jun 20, 2019
I hope reviews are at least going to talk about the forced exp share or the pacing issues in the second half of the campaign.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
One thing I'm glad about is AI partners for raids, something Pokemon Go really should have