• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Worse that I can't even say that at least the anime will fix Galar like it did with Kalos, improve the tone/theme, make the characters more memorable, etc because the new anime season seems to be KANTO

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
if the leaker took 16ish hours to play through the game while basically running through everything, It'll probably take me double that time as usual. The game . . . for better, or for worse, still looks like a pokemon game, and for that I'm excited.

Cutting out a lot of moves is odd though

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All this talk about having all Pokemon in every Pokemon game being completely unsustainable when the real issue seems to be that The Pokemon Company's yearly release schedule is what is actually unsustainable going forward. Seems we're getting pretty close to critical mass in terms of just how stripped down and slipshod the productions are.
yeah but imagine how much worse these games would be with a full Dex

rustyphish

May 13, 2019
What if all Nintendo games are going to be this disappointing going forward? This is clearly because they finally let Bowser be the president even though he's the bad guy

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, these games desperately needed another year in the oven. Jesus Christ, everything we learn is a disappointment

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
TBF that gym leader gif and the actual finger gun animation outside of gigantimax battles look pretty good.

But that's really all the credit I can give.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
This is just depressing.

The games are clearly unfinished, but they'll still review well, sell an easy 15M+, and Game Freak/TPC will continue to give zero fucks about the community's concerns and continue to push yearly releases out the door no matter what.

I wish Nintendo had more control over the series.

rustyphish

May 13, 2019
shit like this has been common since R&S

like i get move effectiveness is important in competitive but it really should work different in single player or for certain bosses, no fucking tension

giphy.gif

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 days): hostility toward other members
This thread is now being compared to /vp/ on the spoiler free thread..

Can't say anything bad about the game it seems.

Lark

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Setting aside everything else that's come out of the datamine...

I honestly can't believe they'd cut the Day/Night cycle. That was the one feature I was absolutely certain they'd never cut again.

I admit that I've been a pessimist about the franchise since after XY released, but even I never thought they'd go this far.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I don't expect it to bomb or review poorly, and I don't want it to do those things because I have a vendetta against the game. I want Game Freak to walk back and look at a lot of design decisions and change them for the better, which also would require stopping a yearly release cycle. None of those things will happen without backlash.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Why are you calling out Serebii?

I wasn't been mean calling anyone out I just wanted to know his opinion that's all because I follow him on twitter and since sword and shield was revealed nothing can go wrong in his eyes about this game. I wanted to ask what does he think now. We can agree and disagree and have a debate and still be friendly :)

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't been mean calling anyone out I just wanted to know his opinion that's all because I follow him on twitter and since sword and shield was revealed nothing can go wrong in his eyes about this game. I wanted to ask what does he think now. We can agree and disagree and have a debate and still be friendly :)
Guy has complained several fucking times about Dexit and how he doesnt like it (even if he understands the reason). People just throwing shit at him and trying to "gotcha him" all the fucking time is a reason why he nearly quit this year.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saw on twitter you can camp indoors, cue the spongebob song "Indoors"
it's dumb, but it would be far dumber to include that restriction

like i get move effectiveness is important in competitive but it really should work different in single player or for certain bosses, no fucking tension
nah, keep the mechanics consistent. this is unironically great

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Nintendo was a bit more willing to let other folks touch IPs. Id kill for xenoblade people who are great with open world to take a Crack at helping with it like they did with breath of the wild (from what I recall)

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect it to bomb or review poorly, and I don't want it to do those things because I have a vendetta against the game. I want Game Freak to walk back and look at a lot of design decisions and change them for the better, which also would require stopping a yearly release cycle. None of those things will happen without backlash.
the game reviewing and selling poorly will be the only way they change what they doing. Nothing else will happen other than the games getting worst and worst because this was supposed to be the big game after lets go was released and given a pass but this game looks worst and worst the more I see of it.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Just like they nerfed crits from x2 to x1.5, they should nerf effectiveness and maybe even STAB a bit. Say 30% STAB, and 1.5/2.5 multipliers for effectiveness.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No joke, I'm expecting these games to get a 67 on Metacritic and also be the best selling Pokemon games of all time. It makes me really sad man.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
This thread is now being compared to /vp/ on the spoiler free thread..

Can't say anything bad about the game it seems.
A lot of people here are being pretty shitty overall though. I get the negativity, but there is no need to direct it towards "people who will defend anything GF will do", who haven't at all been in this thread.