• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
not only is the bar in hell, none of these animations are in battle (where the majority of the complaints are about) nor are they even impressive. Even the first example. the sheep is turning in place instead of naturally. Raise your standards people

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
not only is the bar in hell, none of these animations are in battle (where the majority of the complaints are about) nor are they even impressive. Even the first example. the sheep is turning in place instead of naturally. Raise your standards people
I don't think people like it because it's realistic, they like it because it's cute & charming.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That thread with the 'Omastar modded in' stuff was pretty disingenuous when you read the tweet in that threads first post saying "Gee that wasn't very hard".

Did that one get locked or called out at least?

Plenty of people calling it out in that thread, I don't see the issue with the modder saying it wasn't difficult for them considering they were describing their own work in porting over Omastar and even stated it would take more work for the rest of the Pokemon to be brought in.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol positive Pokemon threads really bring out the salt from some of you.

Game looks great and so do the animations.

Where? Really where? There are some cool attack animations and that's it. Let's not talk about the graphics.

This is so disingenuous...

GF releases Pokemon game on 3DS where Pokemon Amie is clearly the most impressive thing done with the models and animation cause battle animations look shit.

Cool, w/e, it's their first 3D game. Odd that most people seem to have no interest in Pokemon Amie but I fucking loved it.
Later we find out that the 3DS games have walking AND running animations for EVERY SINGLE POKEMON (plus megas oddly enough, a thing that they can't even be outside of battle that is now a canned feature ..).

Fast forward to Dexit, GF cites new high quality animations and remodeling the Pokemon as the reason for cutting over half the Pokemon. We know that these are the same 3DS models and anyone who played Pokemon Amie should see that Camp animations for old Pokemon are just Pokemon Amie animations reused plus walk and run animations that were NEVER used for the non-gen 1 Pokemon (They were used in Lets Go) but were made for every Pokemon yeeears ago.

Battle animations still suck ass (even more so when you remember that 3D Pokemon battle sims were a thing that were made by Non-GF companies and you can youtube search them..). There has been no improvement in that area and no new animations given to Pokemon ... which begs the question of "why is Dexit a thing if they didn't take the reduced number of Pokemon as a chance to improve anything?"

That's where the discourse comes from.

The camp animations are just serviceable, they're memed because they're cute interactions that play on the whole fucking fantasy this game tries to sell. Ya know, that these are living creatures, not because they're "high quality animation". This level of animation (Reused from the 3DS games btw) should be the bare minimum of what we expect from Pokemon in these games be it battle or over world ... it should not be the crowning jewel used to disregard criticism as the OP tries to frame it.

Also this post about Amie is true

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This thread sure turned into a circle-jerk of toxic fandom patting themselves on the back. You sure told OP real good!

Further proof that this forum is no better than gamefaqs or whatever.

Anyway, I'm done with this shithole.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread sure turned into a circle-jerk of toxic fandom patting themselves on the back. You sure told OP real good!

It's really sad. I'm probably not going to do the reboot, I just asked for a lock a long moment ago (and now wait for it so people can stop dogpiling in my replies).

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Yeah, I was never a huge Amie fan but these animations were definitely the best part. I'm glad they brought them over, though a bit more interactivity in the Camp would be nice since it's a little limited.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
This are all average animations.. Pokemon fanatics a really weird sometimes.

Even now modders are adding more pokemon to the game. Something that a multi billion company didn't care to do.

This game is a real shame and is actually trending because of how bad it is.. not because of the animations.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017

You weren't engaging in conversation anyway.

And this thread wasn't created for productive discussion.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
This are all average animations.. Pokemon fanatics a really weird sometimes.

Even now modders are adding more pokemon to the game. Something that a multi billion company didn't care to do.

This game is a real shame and is actually trending because of how bad it is.. not because of the animations.
Did the game also only sell a huge number of copies because of how bad it was?

jerk

Nov 6, 2017

what are you talking about.

It's really sad. I'm probably not going to do the reboot, I just asked for a lock a long moment ago (and now wait for it so people can stop dogpiling in my replies).
why did you make the OP saying that people who criticized the game are just haters looking to hate and are dishonest? Makes your claim of the thread just being for positivity a little dishonest

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Uhhh

... I really think they nailed the shading in this game! Super vibrant. I wouldn't mind at all if they stuck with this art direction for the rest of the series. :)

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
"Complete and absolute dumbass critics BTFO after Scorbunny kicks Togepi in it's face"

This is the best Pokemon tweet btw

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Okay then. We have gone nuclear. Time to take a step back.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
no

this game lacks a ton of polish and has obvious, glaring problems

but the casual masses see cute puppy pokemon meme and buy the game

i've got no dog in this fight but this fucking post made me cackle at work.

THE CASUAL MASSES! NO GAMER CRED. GO PLAY THE SIMMMMSSSS.

fucking christ. let people like the damn game you dorks.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
I wish for a Pokemon game with a full National Dex in HD and if possible with multiple regions... But that doesn't mean I don't like Sword and Shield. They are fantastic! Props to GF, I'm sure next time will be a win for all of us!

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"Complete and absolute dumbass critics BTFO after Scorbunny kicks Togepi in it's face"

This is the best Pokemon tweet btw

Yeah I wanted to see more examples of other moves - the actual particle effects and dynamic camera for Hyper Beam look great, but Tyranitar is just kind of standing idle as the beam forms in front of it. Not a big deal and the camera takes care of it, but it'd be cooler to have it lunge forward or something.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
all of these animations are shit but it's cool that they even animate at all you know?

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
let people not. you can find equally embarrassing posts from people who like it

maybe don't call people fake gamers if they like a game. it isn't hard.

i'm seeing a lot more weird hostility from people coming in here to shut down anyone enjoying the game than i am from the CASUAL MASSES enjoying puppy memes. there's plenty of threads here to bask in your angry hyperbole. let people have a dumb fun one.

Status
Not open for further replies.