• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which version are you choosing?

• You have my Sword!

• A warrior carries his shield for the sake of the entire line

Results are only viewable after voting.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Everything is amazing except for the Dynamax fights in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I love that for the Raid battle style fights against wild Pokemon. But having that as another modifier for normal trainer vs. trainer fights feels like it'll just be another Easy Win button to spam like mega evolutions and Z moves.

Not that it matters since it's going in anyways.
Hmm best case scenario is that it is limited to the raid battles and gym battles (and probably online play) for in-game purposes. It's potentially way more overpowered for normal battles and that scares me but I also think they learned their lesson from Gen 6 mega evolutions. Question is, are we going to see a game with all 3 of these things or are they going to scrap Z-Moves and/or Mega Evolution? Because gimmick-overload is another real concern..

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Those are probably the ugliest/worst box legendaries I've ever seen.

New pokemon otherwise look cool, but not sure how I feel on the influx of Let's Go/Go features.

Wild pokemon 'in the wild' will be cool, butr the other stuff......meh.

Hmm best case scenario is that it is limited to the raid battles and gym battles (and probably online play) for in-game purposes. It's potentially way more overpowered for normal battles and that scares me but I also think they learned their lesson from Gen 6 mega evolutions. Question is, are we going to see a game with all 3 of these things or are they going to scrap Z-Moves and/or Mega Evolution? Because gimmick-overload is another real concern..
I could see Z-Moves disappearing. They're heavily attached to Alolan lore and Dynamaxing seems to already cover the role of being able to dish out super attacks. It'll be really ridiculous if Gamefreak will allow all the following in one battle:

-1 Mega
-1 Primal Kyogre/Groudon
-1 use of a Z-Move
-1 Dyna/Gigantamax'd Mon for a maximum of three turns

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything is amazing except for the Dynamax fights in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I love that for the Raid battle style fights against wild Pokemon. But having that as another modifier for normal trainer vs. trainer fights feels like it'll just be another Easy Win button to spam like mega evolutions and Z moves.

Not that it matters since it's going in anyways.
it's only available in specific circumstances like gym battles and raids. not for wild battles or regular trainer battles

Lwill

Oct 28, 2017
Personally, i like the potential of Dynamaxing Pokémon. It is limited to certain fights by design, so I don't think it will be as overused as some are fearing.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Wow it's crazy how good this direct was. I was so disappointed with the February reveal but I'm really glad with this. The games are going to be great.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah, the way they try to sell Leon to you totally made it feel like he's not actually the best of guys. As more stuff comes out hopefully I can speculate more on the story. I had Sun and Moon pegged pretty well about two months before release.

Inukage

Oct 25, 2017
Down Under
Graphics looked like they took a jump
Agreed, I cant get over how nice this looks!

62205173_492116544862565_4127599807818629120_n.png

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Are you really gonna bring a dedicated Pokemon on every team to wall off Dynamaxing? And can you do this on Pokemon with hold items as well as just any Pokemon in the party?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you use non attacking moves against Dynamaxed mons? Imagine spamming protect lol
there looks to be a defensive move for raid battles, don't know about gym battles or PvP

speaking of raids, I wonder how they'll keep them interesting. maybe make them content updates to catch legendary pokemon and whatnot? like 3 months after launch, Mewtwo is a raid pokemon to allow you to catch in SS

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Are you really gonna bring a dedicated Pokemon on every team to wall off Dynamaxing? And can you do this on Pokemon with hold items as well as just any Pokemon in the party?

if its that central to gym battles then yes? I don't see why you wouldn't play around that.

there looks to be a defensive move for raid battles, don't know about gym battles or PvP

speaking of raids, I wonder how they'll keep them interesting. maybe make them content updates to catch legendary pokemon and whatnot? like 3 months after launch, Mewtwo is a raid pokemon to allow you to catch in SS

There is no way I can think of to make raids interesting outside of the initial spectacle. You're still going to be waiting 4 turns watching the game play itself.
I expect playing with randoms you'll get people sandbagging with useless moves too.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I really wish we could have got it more megas, I really love the concept and I've been hoping to get more, Dynamax is just........
2m0eJ.gif

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
Really surprised by how much better this looks compared to the initial reveal. If impressions are good, this might be the first Pokemon game I buy since Red on Game Boy.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really surprised by how much better this looks compared to the initial reveal. If impressions are good, this might be the first Pokemon game I buy since Red on Game Boy.
I honestly don't expect this game to play significantly different than previous games.

They need to go back to Dragon legendaries, because all of the legendaries since X/Y have been extremely forgettable.
more meat for fairies, you say?

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Not sure if this is allowed, but I'm gonna shamelessly repost this bad meme I made here because I'm sure some of you will enjoy it

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
That song doesn't exist outside this trailer, so it's like actually made to be the theme for the game ala Jump Up Superstar?

Oct 25, 2017
Easy allies Kyle reaction to dynamax was perfect "does this all happen in dream world what...what is this"
I feel ya man lol

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I love everything I saw, every Pokemon looks great. Except the Sword wolf. Wtf? It's literally just holding a sword in its mouth? That is the most awkward thing I've ever seen.

The Shield wolf is mercifully better, with its mane making a shield. I just can't believe how awkward the sword wolf is

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love everything I saw, every Pokemon looks great. Except the Sword wolf. Wtf? It's literally just holding a sword in its mouth? That is the most awkward thing I've ever seen.

The Shield wolf is mercifully better, with its mane making a shield. I just can't believe how awkward the sword wolf is
Watch what you say.
great_grey_wolf_sif_combat_ready.jpg

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I don't see it. Im pretty sure they're the same model underneath?
They...look like dogs to me. I can't tell.

I don't know, I guess Zacian is supposed to represent the attack, speed, and Zamazenta the defense, so it should be bulkier, but I think what makes me think of Zacian as feminine is the softer colors, the slimmer legs, the smaller ears, smaller mask (softer, rounder), it has a more stylized mane kind of how a woman would fix her hair, as opposed to the Zamazenta's mane which looks tougher, scrungy. Also Zacian has longer hair covering its back legs, resembling a dress to me, while Zamazenta has that dark blue on its front legs, kinda giving it a more masculine look. Even the paws look smaller in Zacian.

Who knows. I really didn't notice that with the video, it was until I saw the artwork of both side to side that it struck me that they looked kind of male and female.