• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which version are you choosing?

• You have my Sword!

• A warrior carries his shield for the sake of the entire line

Results are only viewable after voting.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Gamefreak comes up with great explanation for how a ghost pokemon possesses a sword and shield. - "This pokemon sucks!"
Gamefreak says "Fuck it! The wolf just has a sword!" - "Best pokemon ever!"

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Because I always have to be different I'm going to get Shield because the Shield legendary pokemon won't be the popular one of the two.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I can't get over how stupid giant Pokémon is.
Say that again
mV0TapG.jpg

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Oh also the legendaries, one is a wolf with a sword, and the other is a wolf that had a mutation in development. Really boring in my opinion.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Yall are really gonna have to explain to me why kaiju pokemon fights are bad

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Pokémon Go raid battles now have a reason they are so huge.

They are Dynamax versions that revert after battle

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I think everything they showed today looks fucking fantastic. I was about as in as I could be before and this just reinforces that feeling.

The new Pokemon look amazing, the world looks great and it seems like we'll get to really explore the world again. November can't come soon enough.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Man, some people will never be satisfied. What difference does it make if the whole game isn't the Wild Area? Why is it such a disappointment that they accounted for the wants of both players who want roaming Pokemon AND those who like random battles? Everyone is getting what they want, but it seems like the "Pokemon of the Wild" crowd is still grousing about getting what they wanted.

I really wish the game could just be like the wild areas 100% of the time, but beggars can't be choosers. I'm hoping the next game in the franchise just takes it a final step further.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Dynamax being so controversial is weird to me considering the anime has never had a problem doing weird shit with heights.
Hell the original anime had giant Pokemon. For a cartoony world with stuff like Mega Evolution a Pokemon growing to a giant size temporarily doesn't really seem that weird to me.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Yeah the crow and the sheep are fantastic. I really hope their evos don't ruin them too much. With cute ones they often do, but the edge bird has a chance to stay as well designed.The legendaries tho...yeah...Discount-Sif is ok, but the shield dude is not my thing at all. And when it comes to the box art I'm kind of at a loss for words lol.
Lol
I'm not a fan of that box art at all either.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
Yall are really gonna have to explain to me why kaiju pokemon fights are bad

Because insignificant Resetera bubble.

Anyway...holy shit. What a trailer! The Pokemon designs get better with every gen, don't they? Really REALLY dig the box legendary designs. Zacian and Zamzam. Also, does anyone think that they were preparing to fight an even stronger legendary (3rd version) towards the end of the trailer?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dreradgnaw is totally going on my team. Corviknight also ha a very high chance of being on it if it's not a single stager.

The giant Pokemon look really stupid but at least they shouldn't interfere with the number of all new Pokemon like megas and Alolan forms did.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Dynamax being so controversial is weird to me considering the anime has never had a problem doing weird shit with heights.
Hell the original anime had giant Pokemon. For a cartoony world with stuff like Mega Evolution a Pokemon growing to a giant size temporarily doesn't really seem that weird to me.
I mean, to me it's just not an exciting gimmick. All they're doing is making the models bigger and they get Z-moves (which I didn't like in the first place).

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind leaks myself, but it's still kinda lame how people are just openly posting that stuff in here like it's no big deal, not behind spoiler tags or anything, for the sake of those that y'know, actually would prefer to stay way from leaks and stuff. Some basic courtesy of putting that stuff behind spoiler tags shouldn't be too much to ask for, but alas...

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dynamax is Pokemon's old "kaiju in your pocket" concept coming full circle.

It's...definitely jarring though.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
That looked incredible. The graphics were perfect for the game and I'm so glad they went this route. Open areas with Pokemon around and free camera will finally make it feel like you're hunting for Pokemon again, something the series lost after the first couple games. It got too predictable. The dynamax name is goofy but the battles looked exciting. The characters were full of character. Also the animations actually looked quite good! A shock after let's go.

I'm stoked. There's no real time fighting but it has just about everything else I would have wanted to see.
Wonder if they'll be co op outside of the raids?

Great job game freak and Nintendo, can't wait to see more. The new revealed Pokemon look great too!

evilcar

Oct 25, 2017
Idk how I feel on the Dynamax mechanic yet, and the box art is gross however everything else looks amazing, I am so ready!

Feb 12, 2019
Of all the new ones they showed off, Corviknight looks the best. That said, the Shield legendary looks goofy as hell and I feel like this is gonna be one of those gens where one version is disproportionately picked over another. Who wouldn't want Great Grey Wolf Sif in their Pokémon team?

Not sold on Dynamax right now. It seems like an awkward middle-ground between mega evolutions and Z moves that says "What if we just made them big?" From
a competitive/meta perspective, it's probably going to be healthier than using the same handful of top-tier megas and one-use Z-moves, but it also saves them from having to do any interesting design work.

Still, definitely sold on this day one. I like a lot of the other changes they showed and I'm down to catch em all.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
So there is only one large wild area? I was hoping for multiple wild areas throughout the region.
I'm also kind of sad that there seems to be only one. I was expecting different big areas connected by hall-like areas just like Xenoblade 2. However this Wild Area seems to be very big and it changes depending of the weather conditions, so maybe is not that bad.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, to me it's just not an exciting gimmick. All they're doing is making the models bigger and they get Z-moves (which I didn't like in the first place).
It's a neat way to not leave out any Pokemon like Megas did. Also according to the leak there is another version called Gigamaxing that does change designs like Megas.
Yes, but it extends almost throughout the entire region and seems quite large.

fCs0XC7.jpg
I think more of the map is the Wild area than that honestly.
Either way it needs to be stressed the scale on the map is pretty off so the Wild area is way bigger than the map would make it seem.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Good lord GameFreak needs to revamp whatever technology they use for these games. I still don't understand how this and Let's Go don't run at 60fps.