• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they expand even further on the expansion, which was a big improvement on the base game's wild area.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was literally just wondering today when the second dlc was coming out.

I think I'll be getting rid of my physical copy of shield once I'm done with it unless it's really spectacular. The first dlc just didn't really grab me at all.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait, hope it actually releases sooner than Nov. Hope it does end up much bigger than Isle of Armor like it's rumored/datamined.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Awesome. Hope it will release soon so that I can play before next-gen hits.
Haven't been playing much SwSh lately but I'm hyped to dive back in

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
About time, not expecting much since I was rather disappointed by Isle of Armor, content-wise.

Oct 25, 2017
I've just started competitive after weeks of research/getting an understanding and *only* getting the game at Easter. I haven't been this caught up in a game for a very long time.
So yeah I'm looking forward to this.

Aki

Mar 20, 2020
I really hope we get more new Pokemon/ regional variants.
The first DLC was terrible.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
It's about time we get a release date, at least. I'll be happy if the DLC includes more stuff than what's already been shown.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I'm mostly curious if they'll take in fan feedback regarding the level scaling or how the new features like the following Pokémon never reflected into the main adventure.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
This legit looked really good from the trailers. I hope it's quite meaty and not as short as Isle of Armour. Can't wait for those sick Galarian Birds.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The base was bad and the DLC1 was so bad it's straight up the first Pokémon experience I dropped in 20+ years of being a fan. Let's see if DLC2 is any better.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Let's a go !

The area of the first DLC was already well designed so I have high hopes for the second area which is focused on exploration
Plus the content should be meatier !

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the return of Genie Meta.

5a8.jpg

At least VGC is entertaining the idea of bans this year so there's a chance they (alongside Tapu's and Ultra Beasts) don't dominate the meta forever.

That first season though, oh boy.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Yesss finally!
The first DLC was great and this always looked a lot better too.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't finish the base game, watching the part where you catch the signature legendary on youtube didn't help.
Sun/moon where so much better.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Enjoyed the story of the Isle of Armor but man some of the pop ins and animations were rough. Trying to get a Skarmory for my dex and the damn things floating around off the cliff made me so frustrated for something so minor lmao
I know there's probably a 0% chance they'd fix anything like that, but I really hope they improve some of this going forward, mainly the flying Pokemon.
I also hope we get some more new legendaries. It was super weird just having Cubchoo and the Bear Duo and that was it.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I dunno if I'd say isle of armour was particularly well-designed so much as they actually let the world beathe a little a bit unlike the straightshot routes of the main campaign, meaning the expectations were so low it was a pleasant surprise. Either way it was enjoyable, I hope this one is even more so, and ultimately my fingers are crossed they're using these islands to experiment with a more open format for the next gen

Johnzyboi

Nov 10, 2018
I hope they release a complete edition. Gave my copy of Shield to Niece but been feeling the urge to play it again.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoyed the story of the Isle of Armor but man some of the pop ins and animations were rough. Trying to get a Skarmory for my dex and the damn things floating around off the cliff made me so frustrated for something so minor lmao
I know there's probably a 0% chance they'd fix anything like that, but I really hope they improve some of this going forward, mainly the flying Pokemon.
I also hope we get some more new legendaries. It was super weird just having Cubchoo and the Bear Duo and that was it.
This second half of the DLC has about 6 confirmed new legendaries (counting the new forms of the birds) and
datamines suggest 2 more possible legendaries on top of that

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
In the Japanese one, we'll also see the Music Video "Gotcha" from the song Acacia by BUMP OF CHICKEN
I really hope we get more new Pokemon/ regional variants.
The first DLC was terrible.
I wouldn't expect much more than what we know of already to be honest

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to it! Hopefully they will announce the release date too. And hopefully it's October.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
By the way, the genies are part-Flying, so they all get STAB Max Airstream.

Have fun!

And everyone's favourite Landorus Therian gets Max Quake to boost it's Special Defence as well. So it has Intimidate for Physical Attackers and Max Quake for special attackers.

The only mercy is that Fly is its only attacking Flying move. And even that is decent in Dynamax Meta to stall out Dynamax Turns