• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mjw

Oct 27, 2017
I noticed that in online battles the opponents team is displayed next to yours instead of having to press X, that's neat. Though the option is still there for some reason, I keep pressing it out of habit

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I'm training up an Unburden Thievul at the moment. I doubt it'll be very good, but with Terrains getting even more support with the new tutor moves, and Thievul itself getting Burning Jealousy, I thought I'd give one a go. Has a fun design too.

Anyone managed to find a HA Galarian Slowpoke yet? I keep checking Home GTS to see if there's any on there but no luck so far.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm training up an Unburden Thievul at the moment. I doubt it'll be very good, but with Terrains getting even more support with the new tutor moves, and Thievul itself getting Burning Jealousy, I thought I'd give one a go. Has a fun design too.

Anyone managed to find a HA Galarian Slowpoke yet? I keep checking Home GTS to see if there's any on there but no luck so far.

Serebii lists it as available, so you can probably get it from a raid.

I'll let you know if I get one.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Ea9kZhGUEAAO4gh

🌅

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone could help complete the galar pokedex? Im missing a couple to be at 400 seen and caught. If you are missing something tell me, i might have it. I leave a spoiler below with what im missing.

NRº 4,5,6,7,8,9,180,181,205,206,207,216,219,237,241,242,243,300,312,313,328,335,336,337,344,345,350,351,352,353,369,370,371,374,375,376,377,395,396,397, e 399

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017

Still need one? I can breed one for you.

Serebii lists it as available, so you can probably get it from a raid.

I'll let you know if I get one.
You can also breed the ability down. Breed a HA normal slowpoke with a galar one.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Yo have they said anything about Pokemon Go/Home compatibility?? I didn't expect it to take so long

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
The GTS is still broken, even though GF claims they fixed it.

Anyone have a shiny alolan marowak they'd be willing to trade? I have a Cubone but forgot to evolve it when transferring my Pokemon over.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I literally can't find a single person for a Raid. I can't even join, it says applications have already closed. I had forgotten how literally useless this game's online was.

the new open area is the only good part so far

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
So... I never did raids in the vanilla version. Am I doing something wrong or are they super clunky to join? Is there a secret to it? XD

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
kinda sour they basically hand you a free flame orb in the dlc after the base game sends you through all nine circles of hell to get one, but I'm glad other people can get it easily now haha

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to contribute but literally couldn't beat Zeraora lol. I play solo so the npcs were useless as usual.

slib

Banned
Nov 2, 2019
Waiting to know how level scaling works

Top Ten Photos taken right before disaster struck

All the game additions not relating to battling amount to nothing of any real importance. The new Wild Area is much better but even if all these additions / changes were in the base game it would still feel like an unfinished empty missed opportunity. Kalos still feels more lived in than Galar which is pathetic.

All the new forms, Galarian Slowbro and (most) of the new move tutor moves are pretty good to great, thankfully showdown exists. I honesty like the place VGC is in right now, but Dynamax could still use a real nerf. I usually don't regret buying a game or DLC but "regret" is the only word in my mind that can describe it.

Last edited:

Dr ChadMan

Oct 25, 2017
If I start a new play through when is the best time to start the DLC or should I wait until I finish the main story

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
It's been so long since I've done breeding with variants I'm forgetting how it all works. But I have a male HA Slowpoke, so I can put them in with Ditto and they should all hatch as Galarian form Slowpoke.
Yep. If you don't put an everstone on it, it'll hatch as galar slowpoke.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Not even going to bother with the raid stuff when they'll inevitably just give Zeraora out anyway as a participation trophy.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they'd just let you earn your original starter's hidden ability somehow... I'd love for my Cinderace to have libero, but I'm expected to throw him away for some Home imposter? Like all those hours of training and camping meant nothing?? NEVER.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Top Ten Photos taken right before disaster struck

All the game additions not relating to battling amount to nothing of any real importance. The new Wild Area is much better but even if all these additions / changes were in the base game it would still feel like an unfinished empty missed opportunity. Kalos still feels more lived in than Galar which is pathetic.

All the new forms, Galarian Slowbro and (most) of the new move tutor moves are pretty good to great, thankfully showdown exists. I honesty like the place VGC is in right now, but Dynamax could still use a real nerf. I usually don't regret buying a game or DLC but "regret" is the only word in my mind that can describe it.
The only nerf to dynamax that makes sense to me is the Pokémon that dynamaxes should forgo the benefits of their item. So no more dynamax weakness policy shenanigans.

slib

Banned
Nov 2, 2019
The only nerf to dynamax that makes sense to me is the Pokémon that dynamaxes should forgo the benefits of their item. So no more dynamax weakness policy shenanigans.

Exactly, make it the lore that the item doesn't grow so they can't use it. When you Dynamax you already aren't locked to a specific move if you have a Choice item, Leftovers and Berries should be too small to get the benefits from eating them, etc

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It is so bizarre that the dlc seems totally embarrassed about the game's own battles system. It wants to usher you out of them quickly and be as frictionless as humanly possible. With no trainer battles in the overworld and the story battles seeing you battle trainers with like 2 or 3 underleveled, unevolved pokemon, the dlc comes off as like actively apologetic that it's making you do battles, that it's making you do what you came here for. It's so weird

Like gamefreak. I like your games bro. Let me play them

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is so bizarre that the dlc seems totally embarrassed about the game's own battles system. It wants to usher you out of them quickly and be as frictionless as humanly possible. With no trainer battles in the overworld and the story battles seeing you battle trainers with like 2 or 3 underleveled, unevolved pokemon, the dlc comes off as like actively apologetic that it's making you do battles, that it's making you do what you came here for. It's so weird

Like gamefreak. I like your games bro. Let me play them
Omg agreed. This isn't a new complaint but I wish these games challenged you in any sort of way. Maybe let the battles be doubles so I can at least have to think about partner strategies and combos. The 8th gym leader was one of the best fights in the game precisely because it was a double battle where the cpu abused partner mechanics and combos. Jesus Christ lol

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Omg agreed. This isn't a new complaint but I wish these games challenged you in any sort of way. Maybe let the battles be doubles so I can at least have to think about partner strategies and combos. The 8th gym leader was one of the best fights in the game precisely because it was a double battle where the cpu abused partner mechanics and combos. Jesus Christ lol
Yeah like look, I've come to terms with the games being easy, I've become a master at coming up with weird restrictions in order to challenge myself (although the exp. share being mandatory doesn't make that easy in this this game...), but for me the bigger issue with the dlc is that it doesn't even give you the opportunity to have fun with self-handicaps during what few battles there are because the game's blaring remorse for being an rpg is deafening

But yeah I feel like double battle options would be great even if it didn't alter the ai's pokemon or strategies, it was particularly nuts that let's go didn't do this despite haveing that multiplayer mode