• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirabai

Nov 4, 2017
watchting the stream for about 1h. Im 100% certain pokemon needs a reboot. He is oneshotting everything, he is outleveling everyone, all he does is press in one direction and spam A. He could turn off his TV and play like this for 10 min and he wont die/lose.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It is difficult for me to let go of Pokémon. There is nothing in my life I have been this big a fan of for this long. Pokémon has been part of my life since I was seven. It is something that I've always had and it has always made me happy even when little else has.

But for the last few months Pokémon hasn't been making me happy. It's been making me sad. As if I am being told to put away such childish things, it is time to grow up and move on. These things I love are not for me. In fact, I am wrong for loving them, so if I knew any better I would accept that and cut ties. I should like different things. Things meant for me. Pokémon isn't that anymore.

But there is nothing that can replace Pokémon for me. There is no substitution, only reduction, and losing Pokémon is losing a lot. It's the final ember of my youth extinguished forever.

I know this is dramatic but it's hard to process so much disappointment over something so sentimental to me. I will still play this game. I will try my best to enjoy it. But then it might be time to give up and grow up.

I 100% understand. Until gen 7 I have bought every single version, including remakes (I only bought Moon and Ultra Sun). I have poured hundreds of hours into Pokemon. I've done multiple replays of previous Pokemon games this year alone. It's an incredibly important series to me, basically part of my big 3 for Nintendo (Mario and Smash). In an era where so many Nintendo IPs are just on fire on Switch, Pokemon dropping the ball is even more distressing.

I was disappointed with XY but forgiving because GameFreak was not only learning new hardware, it was their first 3D game. But ever since XY it's been constant one step forward, two steps back. I think this is my breaking point. I can't buy the game in its current state. This is unacceptable as a consumer.

When Sinnoh remakes come out, there is a good chance I will just skip them and happily go replay Platinum for the umpteenth time.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I don't mind Dexit. I don't mind Dynamax or the so-so visuals. Everything you guys are saying about the leveling curve worries me, though. The 3DS games were already too easy.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
The creator of Pokemon is autistic. But I'm sure you don't care and just wanted a shitty drive-by post.

Very cool, I never knew this.

And to be honest, I always felt like Pokemon, BECAUSE of its options, always catered very well to people who may hyper fixate on things and need to play Pokemon a very specific way (I am one of these people, lol).

Honestly, the lack of Exp. Share toggle is easily my biggest issue with the game, now. I just... can't play the games the way I've enjoyed them anymore.

Go sit on a porcupine dick and spin.

Ay. Can someone get this 13-year-old out of here?

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
There's a pop up menu that occurs in the middle of the gym battle to tell you about Dyanamaxing?

That seemed...odd.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
User Banned (3 days): trolling
l0SjCE8.jpg

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Just take a break or try a new way to enjoy the games like maybe taking up competitive battling which is honestly the main reason I'm picking the game up as it seems alot more interesting this time around and easier to get into.

If nothing else you still have the other titles to enjoy and who knows even if the game is easy you might have something to still enjoy about the game. Point is try to go in with an open mind if you still plan to play or sit out and try another game. No one is forcing you to pick this game up either way

I actually am a competitive battler and hobby breeder. I usually put a few hundred hours in per save file.

I hope that much is still enjoyable considering the fewer Pokémon available to do this with.

Achlotter

Apr 30, 2019
We should have a competetive battling OT, I doubt there will be any major negativities there.

I'm not even interested in playing competitively ha. This just looks really fun and charming. And I've played every Pokémon game before aside from USUM. I personally didn't love X/Y, (even though they had many qualities) thought S/M were fun but with major flaws, but this looks legitimately amazing so far. It feels special somehow.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was so, so excited about this game when t was first announced at E3 2017. *Sigh*

Can we get a new Colosseum/XD please? Heck even a new Battle Revolution would be good.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Well, there goes any hope for difficulty, lol. He hadn't even been using his Rookidee at all, or at least very sparingly, and it basically swept the gym leader. He didn't even have to use it until the gym.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
lmao he finished the gym leader battle with 3 moves.
I think it's a new record for a pokemon game

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even kidding when I say that I literally went upstairs and missed the gym battle, last thing I saw was Corviknight's pre-evo defeating Eldegoss and returning to normal, how many Pokemon did Milo have ?!

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
If I try to do a one pokémon only run, will I have proper challenge or will I be too easily overleveled ?

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm going with Shield, because Appletun is adorable. Also with it's Ripen ability it'll be so fun to brew teams with it.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I'm not even kidding when I say that I literally went upstairs and missed the gym battle, last thing I saw was Corviknight's pre-evo defeating Eldegoss and returning to normal, how many Pokemon did Milo have ?!
Two, which is fine because that's how many every other first gym leader has. What isn't fine is that Dynamax literally made it possible for him to beat Milo's entire team while taking almost no damage at all, one-shotting his first Pokemon and two-shotting his second.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
watchting the stream for about 1h. Im 100% certain pokemon needs a reboot. He is oneshotting everything, he is outleveling everyone, all he does is press in one direction and spam A. He could turn off his TV and play like this for 10 min and he wont die/lose.

This is almost funny because how ridiculous this sounds. Like every other Nintendo IP went to the next level and this game comes out almost as a thesis to why it needs a reboot.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dynamax ends in 3 turns, so pick wisely on when to use it.

*Dynamaxes immediately and ends the fight in 3 turns*

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Wait did we expect the grass gym to last long when you have an equal level bird Pokemon? Maybe if he had more than two mons but I normally breeze through grass gyms.

Status
Not open for further replies.