• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I find myself extremely anxious to see the datamine because it's going to reveal what Pokémon are programmed and what aren't.

I feel like we can, or even should, expect a lot of legendaries and mythicals to be programmed because TPC does give-aways that I don't expect to stop. These would be impossible without code.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that all the items - like Z Crystals and Mega Crystals - are programmed and might even function if hacked in. I have a feeling those will be distributed too.

But we'll see.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I find myself extremely anxious to see the datamine because it's going to reveal what Pokémon are programmed and what aren't.

I feel like we can, or even should, expect a lot of legendaries and mythicals to be programmed because TPC does give-aways that I don't expect to stop. These would be impossible without code.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that all the items - like Z Crystals and Mega Crystals - are programmed and might even function if hacked in. I have a feeling those will be distributed too.

But we'll see.

It could also just be left over code. Which... probably won't matter to people.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
iirc Let's Go had a significant amount of data for the non-Kanto Pokemon, but used Kanto Marowak as a placeholder model and I believe their movepools were also scrubbed?

Will be interesting to see if the same applies here.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

But we'll see.
items probably will just because they sort of blindly carry those forward since gen 3 even if they're not used. Like the scarves & bikes and such had their names, images and descriptions carried forward but weren't reactivated until ORAS. All of the gems exist in gen 6, even including a new fairy type gem, but only the Normal gem was available; I think they might've been deactivated in gen 7 but the images and such are still there.
They probably take so little room internally they don't bother culling them.

I'm curious about moves. The fact smeargle isn't in the game is kind of eyecatching to me. Interested in if every move is there internally (with new animations, even) or not. If they are, frankly there's no reason to exclude Smeargle when it's been paired with DItto in the "we need this in every game for breeding purposes" since FRLG. If they gutted a bunch though, it would make sense to keep it out (though they'll have to cross this bridge eventually...).

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I really wish I liked HGSS more, because it has so much love put into it. The level curve really should have been fixed, and the lack of Johto Pokemon availability, bad Gym Leader teams, and the fact that they keep cross-gen evolutions locked until Kanto really takes me out of it. It's not fun to catch Pokemon at like level 15 by the time you're at the 8th gym, and it isn't fun to have to wait until post-game to get Gligar, Togekiss, etc.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
items probably will just because they sort of blindly carry those forward since gen 3 even if they're not used. Like the scarves & bikes and such had their names, images and descriptions carried forward but weren't reactivated until ORAS. All of the gems exist in gen 6, even including a new fairy type gem, but only the Normal gem was available; I think they might've been deactivated in gen 7 but the images and such are still there.
They probably take so little room internally they don't bother culling them.

I'm curious about moves. The fact smeargle isn't in the game is kind of eyecatching to me. Interested in if every move is there internally (with new animations, even) or not. If they are, frankly there's no reason to exclude Smeargle when it's been paired with DItto in the "we need this in every game for breeding purposes" since FRLG. If they gutted a bunch though, it would make sense to keep it out (though they'll have to cross this bridge eventually...).
Man those gems were strange, they felt like a half step because of the berries being moved to the dream world.

Oct 28, 2019

But we'll see.

I'm not looking forward to it because of the inevitable datamined models and animations thread here on ERA. Christ what a spectacular shitshow that will be.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
Ngl, I'm kinda bummed at the presence of Pidove over any other secondary regional bird for this game. Easily my least favorite bird line. Bleh.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Ngl, I'm kinda bummed at the presence of Pidove over any other secondary regional bird for this game. Easily my least favorite bird line. Bleh.
Hoothoot also made it in. Pidove is pretty lame but to be fair, it's also the only regional bird not to have been in a Regional Dex since Gen V so I guess it was due an appearance.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Yeah, it's a bit bland. I do love gen 5 a lot, but I find it really strange how they gave it such a spotlight this time around. You literally could not find gen 1-4 Pokemon in BW until the postgame, so gen 5 has already gotten a bigger spotlight than anything else besides gen 1. Especially irritating when you think about how stuff like the Timburr line got in alongside eight other pure-fighting lines while they somehow snubbed gen 5's literal yorkshire terrier line in the UK region.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
Hoothoot also made it in. Pidove is pretty lame but to be fair, it's also the only regional bird not to have been in a Regional Dex since Gen V so I guess it was due an appearance.

Oh, actually? Yeah, that's fair enough.

...M'sorry.

Yeah, it's a bit bland. I do love gen 5 a lot, but I find it really strange how they gave it such a spotlight this time around. You literally could not find gen 1-4 Pokemon in BW until the postgame, so gen 5 has already gotten a bigger spotlight than anything else besides gen 1. Especially irritating when you think about how stuff like the Timburr line got in alongside eight other pure-fighting lines while they somehow snubbed gen 5's literal yorkshire terrier line in the UK region.

Yeah, what's up with that actually. Could've sworn they said something about choosing the regional dex based on what fit the region, but THE yorkshire terrier Pokemon is just absent in a dex favoriting the generation it came from? Lol, how did that happen.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I used to absolutely hate Unfezant, but these days I kind of love it? It's sorta ugly but like... sometimes that's how nature is. Unfezant may be gross but it's still out there doing its best

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Pidove actually makes sense as they are common in Britain.

Exactly, it's not a knock-off UK without street bird shitting all over our statues, and I love 'em for it

I used to absolutely hate Unfezant, but these days I kind of love it? It's sorta ugly but like... sometimes that's how nature is. Unfezant may be gross but it's still out there doing its best
I like it for at least highlighting the bird trope of magnificent male versus surprisingly vanilla female.
Took long enough for gender variants to hit an obvious target

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I knew what the people at GameFreak have against Shinx, his absence is baffling. There definitely seems to be a certain few Pokemon that are very unpopular within GameFreak. Venonat, Phanpy, Teddiursa, Glameow to name just a few.

My theory is that they simply forgot about those Pokémon, as Masuda has stated that it does become difficult to remember all of the Pokémon.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
This is why I hate the decision to make Grapploct pure Fighting and I would gladly accept the dex to have 10 more Eiscue tier Pokemon in it if that is the price we have to pay to get some interesting dual types.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, Pidove kind of makes more sense as the "oldest" early bird line.

I mean since Pidgey and Taillow got their remakes, Fletchling and Pikipek are still "modern", and Starly is coming in DP.

Wish they showed Fearow some love. It needs something now that all the other early Gen I Pokemon did.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Pidove is actually probably my favorite of the Normal/Flying regional bird lines. Toucannon is pretty sweet as well, but that is much more exotic.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Pidove kind of makes more sense as the "oldest" early bird line.

I mean since Pidgey and Taillow got their remakes, Fletchling and Pikipek are still "modern", and Starly is coming in DP.

Wish they showed Fearow some love. It needs something now that all the other early Gen I Pokemon did.

Fearow was always the better choice, pidgey marks were tricked by the anime, jokes on them, y'all couldn't even peck in gen 1

They won eventually with the mega tho, my fearow needs more love, well if I weren't exhausted by Kanto everything at this point

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They should have Ash catch Fearow in the new series.

That would legit blow my mind just like when he got Donohan which he encountered in the first movie a decade later in Battle Frontier.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
They should have Ash catch Fearow in the new series.

That would legit blow my mind just like when he got Donohan which he encountered in the first movie a decade later in Battle Frontier.
He goes back to get his pidgeot from outside pallet town only to find fearow took the forest back and champ ash respects that hustle.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Cant tell if this is the best or worst case
81%2Bx5dJSCtL._AC_.jpg

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember in the anime Team Rocket didn't bother Ash much in Unova so the usual role of the bird popping their balloon and blowing away smoke screen was lost.

So Pidove did shit all and Ash dumped it for Charizard.

Still, Pidgeotto never won a single official battle.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
The Pidove line's design is pretty good, but Unfeazant is so trash (even in-game) that I hate them anyway

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe they'll switch Unfezant's Attack and Special Attack...

Like it should've been from the beginning!

Status
Not open for further replies.