• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
iETPIoy.png

The leak season has started! Welcome to the Pokémon Sword and Shield spoiler thread. The idea of this thread is that you will be able to find a good amount of information in OP, divided by sections, so you can choose what info to spoil yourself. If you don't want to read any more info, you can just read whatever you want in OP and ignore the rest of the posts in this thread.

I'm planning on updating OP as we get more and more info.

Discussion guidelines:

1- New Pokémon and forms can be discussed freely in this thread.
2- Story and character spoilers must be tagged.
3- New mechanics and QOL changes can be discussed freely.

Common questions:

The Galar Pokédex has 400 Pokémon excluding Mythicals.

- 81 new species
- 13 Galarian Forms

There's a 2+ hour episode, similar to Episode Delta, in which you catch the main legendary of the game.

There's the Battle Tower.

You can rematch every gym, they use more powerful Gigantamax Pokémon.

You can try to find all TMs and the new TRs (technical records, equivalent of move tutors for this Gen)

Current leaks:

ZDAvvM3.jpg

UKil5Ia.jpg

Last edited:

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh both of those are bad. Especially Sobble's like holy shit. Grookey's is so meh and what an ugly color scheme

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Oh it's one of these spoiler* threads, well I'll control myself when the story stuff comes lol

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I don't get the negative reactions, I think they look good and are a reasonable progression on the themes of the first stages, they look a little awkward, but middle stages always do

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Does that Twitter account have a good history of leaks or is it just posting whatever it found?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Does that Twitter account have a good history of leaks or is it just posting whatever it found?
It appeared, posted, then went down quickly from what I can tell. Pokémon leaks are likely to come from randos as they have before.

xy leaks came from a normal person on Instagram for example.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think both of those are pretty strong.

First glance I was really thrown off by the coloration, but I like embracing some more unique colorations in the starters.

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
What the heck, Sobble looks terribad. Grookey on the other hand looks pretty cool.

Complete flip of my original thoughts on the two.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Sobble looking like some kind of emo teen with the hair covering one eye is so stupid it has to be real

I kind of love both of them so I hope they're real. Give us Scorbunny!!

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Those don't look too outlandish and we're definitely at a point where legitimate leaks like that are possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.