• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing design. Too bad it's exclusive but it doesn't really matter much with online trading lol

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I'm guessing we'll see a Shield exclusive reveal relatively soon then?

I was already on Team Sword though; so this is just extra confirmation that we're right.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
After seeing this, what is even the point of Pokemon Shield?

I WANT IT.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
EEv7PUOU0AA1J7B

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Why would they make it Sword exclusive??? Sword is already outselling Shield heavily in all the pre-order charts.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It wields a plant weapon, it wields a plant shield. Why didn't they make it Fighting/Grass instead of pure Fighting? Maaaaan....

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Design is perfect! Typing and ability are still disappointing though.

Now to wonder which is the Shield exclusive form

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Kinda boring. The leek evolved more than the bird did.

Kinda dumb. The pokemon wielding a shield and a lance is a Sword-exclusive.

Kinda disappointed. Except if Madame Farfetch'd gets revealed for Shield.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I wonder if the evolution is version specific (like Lycanroc was), or if it's just that Farfetch'd is version exclusive, making Sirfetch'd also version exclusive, but any Fartfetch'd can evolve into it.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
So regular Farfetch'd evolves into Sirfetch'd. Sounds like a regular evolution just like the ones introduced in Gen II and IV.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously stats and moveset matter but a mono-Fighting type with the ability Steadfast doesn't really get me that excited.

I'm guessing we'll see a Shield exclusive reveal relatively soon then?

I was already on Team Sword though; so this is just extra confirmation that we're right.

I'm inclined to agree but why not reveal that Shield exclusive now with SirFetchd and make a pair of it? Obv we won't know until actual release but the way they are drip drip feeding these reveals make me worry that very few new Pokemon were added this generation.

Why would they make is Sword exclusive??? Sword is already outselling Shield heavily in all the pre-order charts.

I mean, which Pokemon would be in which version was decided long before any pre-orders went up. Also look at his sword! Or is it a lance? Whatever it's a bigger deal than its shield :P

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I really, REALLY feel the feeling of being underwhelmed growing for this generation of Pokemon. I keep telling myself "The next update will get me interested" and they just put me off to the game more each time.

I honestly believe that Game Freak killed my love for Pokemon when they said all won't be returning this time :/

kululuart

May 22, 2018
I wonder why there have been so few Pokemon announcements this time around. At this point in the SM cycle we were already well past 40 Pokemon revealed and this one is, what, the 22nd? I hope we don't get a really small amount of new Pokemon this time.