• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
some people in this thread still not understanding that actually some people enjoyed it

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Remarkable.

With the DLC, and without any competition this year, 20 million is more than done.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's a great game and easily the best generation since Diamond and Pearl, I couldn't even finish the other ones out of boredom. The game looks nice and runs (refering to load times and offline play mostly) pretty well too.
They added a lot of nice QOL features like changeable natures. Here is to the expansion pass!
You mean Platinum. Diamond and Pearl play like molasses.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just a shame the developers can't be bothered to come up with a more inspiring story, more than one-dimensional characters, and better dialogue to also appeal to people who have the brain cells to actually feel offended.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
I was assuming "Dexiter" here meant anyone who complained about the removal of the National Dex and not weird obsessive twitter refuse.
Well, the amount of people criticizing the dex removal and not buying it was never gonna be enough to make a visible dent in the game's sales especially since this is the first console Pokemon in a long time. I'm sure some begrudgingly bought it anyway. At least I can say I still didn't buy it.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Yeah, it was an extremely vocal small minority.

I've seen the analytics. It's mostly the same 20 to 30 people on Pokémon posts, on Serebii posts etc. regurgitating the same point.

Sure, people were mad at first, enmass, but it died down.

I was extremely mad at first but man looking back I'm happy I gave that criticism cause now they brought back best pokemon Kyogre in the expansion pass!

I soft reset a shiny one in USUM and was so bitter I couldn't bring it ;_;

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toto sama I...

I actually agree. The game could use more polish but overall I found it more fun and better than the previous 2 gens.
853Grapploct.png

The new Pokemon designs put this one ahead of them on their own and I like most of the Gen VI Pokemon

Oct 27, 2017
What? How? Why? Ugh.

I know I have a duty to go back to it, but I just couldn't muster any strength to carry on just before reaching the 3rd gym. It's so, so bland.

But I guess this is exactly what people want. Less features, less content, less story, less everything. More power to them and GF, I guess.

853Grapploct.png

The new Pokemon designs put this one ahead of them on their own and I like most of the Gen VI Pokemon

The designs are really hit or miss for me, honestly. More miss than hit, I think.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I like most of the new Pokémon, but the new starter final forms are awful. Easily the worst in the series.
Well, the amount of people criticizing the dex removal and not buying it was never gonna be enough to make a visible dent in the game's sales especially since this is the first console Pokemon in a long time. I'm sure some begrudgingly bought it anyway. At least I can say I still didn't buy it.
I didn't buy it, but the dex removal was kinda like reason number 10.

IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
To repeat, Holy shit. Never expected this. 20 million is a lock with DLC this year. Insane.

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is it confusing? These games are so much worse than gen 4 and 5.
4 maybe, but I'd call them about on par.

5 lol no.
Pokemon trying it's hand at a more serious JRPG plot and the whole soft reboot thing with mountains of low quality designs ( not even refering to the ice cream and garbage Pokemon, those were grest) didn't work out at all for me. B&W 1 has some of the same problem as Sword and Shield, where it just funnels you from arena to arena halfway through the game and the awful / nonexistent post game.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory point of comparison
lol yeah, they acting like everyone got conned into buying this game, lmao
it's a good game, some (well, millions) like it. get over it.
Millions of people also like and vote for demagogues and against their own interests.

Humans are, on average, a rather stupid bunch.

MrWonderworld

Sep 18, 2018
Damn Pokemon. I knew it would sell well but these numbers are crazy. I did enjoy the game though so I'm happy for its success.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
That's why I can see the expansion selling 10M+, at the end of the day it will sell exactly like a "third version".
It can probably do even better.
Its both 10$ cheaper than a traditional third version, and aviable in 2 flavors which helped USUM/BW2 be some of the top performing third versions.

Let's just remember that in Japan alone already this month it has sold just shy of 400k

So it very likely has beaten RS, XY and SM by now
What are Lifetime numbers of G/S ?

I remember it being north of 20m, but not exactly how much.
How is it confusing? These games are so much worse than gen 4 and 5.
Hard Disagree.
It was a pain to play through Pearl, and even if Platinum kind of fixed some of the speed issues, the Pokemon variety was garbage in Sinnoh, even if it had best Poke Shinx. Yes, im still salty about no Fire Pokemon besides pony and starter for 90% of the game.
Gen 5 was a fresh experience, but i would call it on par with Gen8.

But realisticly they both loose, since we all know Gens are judged soley on their Regional Birds, and Normal/Flying Bird Nr 4 and 5 cant hold a candle to Corviknight.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not when Gen 5 exists, also I will always defend Inteleon, love its design
Nope, sorry, Gen 8 beats even Gen 5 in the bad starters department. Gen 5 at least has some aesthetic variety. Gen 8 has three weird awkward humanoid starter final forms and Cinderace is so bad it looks like a character from a mobile Pokémon knockoff.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
It can probably do even better.
Its both 10$ cheaper than a traditional third version, and aviable in 2 flavors which helped USUM/BW2 be some of the top performing third versions.

What are Lifetime numbers of G/S ?

I remember it being north of 20m, but not exactly how much.

23.1 million. don't think it will but is not out of the question.

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
t*mt*m really showed them, huh?

I know you really dislike TemTem, but this is a very nonsensical statement since the game wasn't even released at this stage. So not sure what you are trying to say.

If you're referring to the boycott, ofc it failed. It's not unlike FIFA or COD these days in that it will always be bought. Even I purchased the game soon after release (it did confirm my criticisms and as such have been playing it slower then usual).

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know you really dislike TemTem, but this is a very nonsensical statement since the game wasn't even released at this stage. So not sure what you are trying to say.

If you're referring to the boycott, ofc it failed. It's not unlike FIFA or COD these days in that it will always be bought. Even I purchased the game soon after release (it did confirm my criticisms and as such have been playing it slower then usual).
just making a joke, i'm saying with how well pokemon sells and will continue to sell, it's delusional to think t*mtem or anything about it will have any effect on pokemon or what game freak/TPC do, unlike what some people think. it's irrelevant.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
This will probably be like Smash where after a monster holiday season it has healthy legs. 25 million seems reasonable.

The DLC will bring people like me on board who waited.