• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
one of the very few worthwhile features on NSO and it's blocked in so many important games. i bet animal crossing won't have it either.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
no save data backup is just stupid

Nintendo seems to the the publisher with the most games not supporting their own damn service

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Preloading now. FAREWELL FINAL VOUCHER.
EuOv2Ow.jpg

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Wait, you can get a steelbook for the eShop version?

...why? What would you put in the steelbook?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
As soon as my Pokémon Shield copy finishes downloading, I can start staring at it maniacally until launch.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure there will only be one save as usual, but with profiles, we can finally have multiple files per account!

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Better question: who gives a crap? Nintendo can do so much more good for more people by implementing save backups rather than trying to stop cloning.
Agreed. Lack of save backups is one of the reasons I'm probably not gonna get it. Atleast not until the price drops.

Not to mention cloning and what not was one of the best glitchy parts of the old games

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
12313.jpg

OP's avatar when the preloads cannot be datamined. I am so glad that most stuff did not so far get leaked ahead of the games release though.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
So if I have both games on the same account, and my account is on two switches, would I be able to do multiplayer between both switches since they are different games?

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Sucks that I can't pet my Pokemon via touch screen. Worst. game. ever. Seriously though i'm excited to try this out as I've always wanted a console pokemon for a long time.

Corey

Apr 9, 2018
Upstate, NY
Honestly so mad that you can't transfer save files on this fucking game. I have a Switch and a Switch Lite and I want to be able to play it on both and it's mad stupid that I have to just pick one.

Corey

Apr 9, 2018
Upstate, NY
I misspoke - I'm don't want to transfer save files. I meant cloud saves. I don't want to keep transferring it back and forth and wiping it form the console it's on. I want to just download my current save data from the cloud any time I decide to pick up and play on either system. That's what apparently isn't possible.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still not sure what version to get. Is there a list somewhere of whats different between the two?

Edit, of course ign has one. Sword all the way baybee

Last edited:

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Any word if the steelbook bonus will be available for the US? If it is I think I can go digital for the first time (!)

Nov 26, 2017
I think a lot of the complaints about the lack of cloud saves are overblown. I think it's entirely justifiable to not include it for a game like this: if players had the ability to revert their saves on one device to an older version at any time, that would cause a lot of problems, especially considering a game like pokemon relies quite a bit on the online multiplayer aspect. Players could use what is effectively save stating to make copies of mons they normally shouldn't be able to have, leading to inflation in the "trade economy" with a bunch of rare mons and shinies suddenly spreading like wildfire, and/or the game suddenly spawning a "black market" of sorts on the internet for exchanging what should normally be hard to get mons.

Really, I thought this was obvious from day 1. People who are getting upset that the game lacks cloud saves only really have themselves to blame.

Oct 25, 2017
So is there no double-game promotion for this game? Because in that case i might pick it up physically to save some cash.