• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I assume know one knows the answer to the question I had?

I apologize if this is a silly question but I own the NA physical version of Shield, would the EU eshop Shield expansion pass work with my NA physical copy of pokemon shield?

Sorry not sure where else would be a good place to ask as this is my first time visiting any Pokémon OT 😅

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Kinda itching to start a new save, maybe with another starter. This generation really missed me with them.

No you can deposit and withdraw from SWSH and Let's Go at will on the free plan (only storing 30 at a time though)
Bank is the 3DS app. You can deposit and take out 30 Pokémon from Sword/Shield or Let's Go at a time using the free plan
Was confusing Bank with Home. Thanks for the help!

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
I assume know one knows the answer to the question I had?

I apologize if this is a silly question but I own the NA physical version of Shield, would the EU eshop Shield expansion pass work with my NA physical copy of pokemon shield?

Sorry not sure where else would be a good place to ask as this is my first time visiting any Pokémon OT 😅

For the Switch it is mostly a case by case situation.
Some games will not be picky about where you buy DLCs from and will actually show them as "purchased" on mutiple eshops while others, especially those with regional content, will not work.
For Pokémon, sadly, I really have no idea but I think it might work considering all the languages are built in but I'm not really sure.

Does the game open the normal eshop associated with your profile when you click on the "purchase expansion pass" icon in the menu? If so it should work but you may probably want to hear from someone who is 100% sure about it.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Big news for VGC:

tenor.gif

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Intimidate, Fake Out, STAB Snarl, Parting Shot, U-Turn, dark type makes it immune to prankster, and good bulk. It does Arcanine main job better and Arcanine is already used by over 35% of teams per Pikalytics.
Incineroar will probably have lower usage than that after the initial hype dies down because people are going to still be using Arcanine and they will split usage a bit.

Dynamax also makes it easier to kill.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Incineroar will probably have lower usage than that after the initial hype dies down because people are going to still be using Arcanine and they will split usage a bit.

Dynamax also makes it easier to kill.
They wont split usage. Incineroar fills the same role as Arcanine but does the same job better. We've already seen how this situation ends in older formats. Arcanine doesn't have anything new to carve out a niche this gen to change things (Justified isn't new and is not nearly as common as intimidate).

Even if it doesn't reach the ridiculous usage in past formats it will effectively replace Arcanaine. Considering how widely used Arcanine already is this means it will be everywhere. Will it be unstoppable? No. But it will be meta defining.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They wont split usage. Incineroar fills the same role as Arcanine but does the same job better. We've already seen how this situation ends in older formats. Arcanine doesn't have anything new to carve out a niche this gen to change things (Justified isn't new and is not nearly as common as intimidate).

Even if it doesn't reach the ridiculous usage in past formats it will effectively replace Arcanaine. Considering how widely used Arcanine already is this means it will be everywhere. Will it be unstoppable? No. But it will be meta defining.
Fishious Rend is new, as is the fact that Dynamax can't be flinched.
I think it will replace Arcanine for the most part, but it's not wholly better.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Fishious Rend is new, as is the fact that Dynamax can't be flinched.
I think it will replace Arcanine for the most part, but it's not wholly better.
To be clear it's not unstopable but in spite of things like fishous rend, which Arcanine is just as vulnerable to, Arcanine already is the 2nd most used pokemon in the format at 35% usage. Incineroar is so much better in its role it may overtake Togekiss for the top spot. Dynamax may keep it from being on 80% of teams like it was in the past but it's already almost guaranteed the 30%+ which Arcanine already gets.

Also, not wholly better then Arcanine? Hard disagree on that. Anything you'd use to counter Incineroar would be used to counter Arcanine but Arcanine is actually slightly less bulky so it's worse off. Meanwhile Incineroar gets a great support move in parting shot which lets it cycle another intimidate later as well as Fake out.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Incineroar is better than Arcanine, but some players around the internet are overreacting because they think it's still as good and just thrown on every team as last year. It's going to be one of the better/most used Pokemon of the format, but it's weaker now.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
To be clear it's not unstopable but in spite of things like fishous rend, which Arcanine is just as vulnerable to, Arcanine already is the 2nd most used pokemon in the format at 35% usage. Incineroar is so much better in its role it may overtake Togekiss for the top spot. Dynamax may keep it from being on 80% of teams like it was in the past but it's already almost guaranteed the 30%+ which Arcanine already gets.

Also, not wholly better then Arcanine? Hard disagree on that. Anything you'd use to counter Incineroar would be used to counter Arcanine but Arcanine is actually slightly less bulky so it's worse off. Meanwhile Incineroar gets a great support move in parting shot which lets it cycle another intimidate later as well as Fake out.
Fishious Rend on Arcanine isn't necessarily the issue.
Arcanine can get a Will-O-Wisp off to help its partner and reduce the power of Fishious Rend/Dracovish in general. Incineroar can't do that.
Both Incineroar and Arcanine are getting KO'd by Fishioys Rend, but Arcanine can get a Will-O-Wisp off and lower the threat level for the rest of the team. Incineroar can't do anything to Dracovish or Dracozolt.
The proliferation of Competitive and Defiant in the current meta also serves to weaken it, just as it has Arcanine, but even moreso, because it will rely on stat drops more.

I don't disagree that it will largely replace Arcanine on most accounts, but Arcanine has uses that it doesn't (primarily Will-O-Wisp support), and the meta, as it is now, deals with it better than in 7th gen.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018

. It's going to be one of the better/most used Pokemon of the format, but it's weaker now.

First message you say it's going to get a weaker usage, next message that it's going to be one of the most used...

You're getting there.
Incineroar will be, once again, the most commonly used Mon in the format.

It's just too good of a support Pokémon.
And I really disagree that it's weaker now. It gets fucking Parting Shots now, which is a better U-Turn than most people used to run on it.
And it can Dynamax. Tired of your support Roar? Just embiggen it! It already had huge bulk, just wait until it gets twice as much health and can use Dark Max Moves or just Normal Max Moves to decrease your speed.

Incineroar can't do anything to Dracovish or Dracozolt.

Incineroar can flinch the Fish, who never Dynamax. But yeah, Arcanine is better against the Fossils thanks to Will O, but that's it.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
First message you say it's going to get a weaker usage, next message that it's going to be one of the most used...

You're getting there.
Incineroar will be, once again, the most commonly used Mon in the format.

It's just too good of a support Pokémon.
And I really disagree that it's weaker now. It gets fucking Parting Shots now, which is a better U-Turn than most people used to run on it.
And it can Dynamax. Tired of your support Roar? Just embiggen it! It already had huge bulk, just wait until it gets twice as much health and can use Dark Max Moves or just Normal Max Moves to decrease your speed.

Incineroar can flinch the Fish, who never Dynamax. But yeah, Arcanine is better against the Fossils thanks to Will O, but that's it.
First post I said it would have lesser usage than current Arcanine, who is the second most use Pokemon with 36% usage. It can both be one of the most used Pokemon and lower than 36% usage.

I disagree about it not being weaker, but we'll see how things play out. I expect it to be one of the best Pokemon in the format, but I don't see it being like last year where it had 86% usage.

Last edited:

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
First post I said it would have lesser usage than current Arcanine, who is the second most use Pokemon with 36% usage. It can both be one of the most used Pokemon and lower than 36% usage.

That's clearer, thanks.

I disagree about it not being weaker, but we'll see how things play out. I expect it to be one of the best Pokemon in the format, but I don't see it being like last year where it had 86% usage.

Of course, we'll see.
Incineroar was everywhere last season because, as a Support Pokémon with many different possible builds, it just fits so well with all kind of teams. I don't see how it will change.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
Are you saying to use PokeJobs again and again with the Date Change/Raid exploit to get to Lv100? I thought you only earned the amount of EXP from 1 XL candy when you leave them at the daycare for max stars? That seems like it would take a LOT of taking them to Pokejob, going to a Raid den, change the date, pull them out of the PokeJob, and then assign them to a new one, repeat.

Do PokeJobs give you better EXP than I think? It seems like you would have to do that process like more than 10 times on a single Pokemon to get them to Lv 100 from Lv 60? Am I wrong about that?
If you have Pokerus, you can max out each EV with just three time skips. I'm not sure about Exps, I remember the 10 stars jobs giving some 80-90k exp each time, it might be faster that candies simply because to get the candies you have to go through the whole raid.

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
It's reading the Battle Bond base form as a form, which doesn't appear to be tracked. It's the same with Own Tempo Rockruff, they're both technically forms.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
People freaking out over Incineroar but completly sleeping on Chlorophyll Sleep Powder Venesaur with Earth Power and other new stuff at its disposal.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

People freaking out over Incineroar but completly sleeping on Chlorophyll Sleep Powder Venesaur with Earth Power and other new stuff at its disposal.
Venusaur will be used, but Vileplume was doing the Chlorophyll Sleep Powder thing lol. Venusaur is obviously the better Pokemon though.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany

Venusaur will be used, but Vileplume was doing the Chlorophyll Sleep Powder thing lol. Venusaur is obviously the better Pokemon though.

Venusaur is waaaay more potent than Vileplume. Maybe it just looks good on paper but thats the thing I'm most scared of. And not because of the Sleep Powder alone.

And yes Sejun is completly right, everything that makes Incineroar strong is nerfed to some extend.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it doesn't get Knock Off?
Wasn't as worried even when I thought it still had it.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
For the Switch it is mostly a case by case situation.
Some games will not be picky about where you buy DLCs from and will actually show them as "purchased" on mutiple eshops while others, especially those with regional content, will not work.
For Pokémon, sadly, I really have no idea but I think it might work considering all the languages are built in but I'm not really sure.

Does the game open the normal eshop associated with your profile when you click on the "purchase expansion pass" icon in the menu? If so it should work but you may probably want to hear from someone who is 100% sure about it.

When I use my psychical NA copy of Pokemon Shield on my EU switch profile and click on the expansion pass link it brings me to the EU eshop store so that's promising. I have a friend that lives in EU that wants to gift me a EU code for the expansion pass, I can easily redeem it on my EU profile but the holdup is we are trying to figure out/make sure that the EU pass will work for my NA switch profile/NA physical copy of the game as that's where my save file is.
I wouldn't want to accept the code, redeem it then find out it isn't compatible with my NA profile/save/copy of the game.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Home was datamined, lots of old mons get new moves via TM/TR

• Raticate - Psychic Fangs
  • Nidoqueen and Nidoking - Body Press
  • Poliwrath - Drain Punch, High Horsepower, Darkest Lariat
  • Alakazam - Nasty Plot
  • Weepinbell and Victreebel - Solar Blade
  • Slowbro - Nasty Plot
  • Alolan Exeggutor - Breaking Swipe
  • Lickitung line - Body Press
  • Aerodactyl - Psychic Fangs
  • Zapdos - Hurricane
  • Moltres - Mystic Fire
  • Dragonite - Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Body Press
  • Chikorita line - Solar Blade, Pollen Puff
  • Typhlosion - Mystical Fire
  • Feraligatr - Psychic Fangs
  • Jumpluff - Pollen Puff
  • Forretress - Body Press
  • Granbull - Psychic Fangs
  • Magcargo - Heat Crash
  • Skarmory - Body Press
  • Kingdra - Hurricane
  • Donphan - Body Press
  • Miltank - Body Press
  • Raikou - Scald
  • Ho-oh - Mystical Fire
  • Grovyle and Sceptile - Solar Blade
  • Sceptile - Dragon Dance
  • Blaziken - Close Combat, Heat Crash
  • Swampert - Bulk Up, Darkest Lariat, Liquidation, Body Press
  • Poochyena line - Psychic Fangs
  • Breloom - Close Combat
  • Slaking - Body Press
  • Hariyama - Heat Crash, Body Press
  • Nosepass line - Body Press
  • Aron line - Body Press
  • Numel line - Heat Crash
  • Camerupt - Body Press
  • Regirock and Registeel - Body Press
  • Latias and Latios - Mystical Fire, Air Slash, Aura Sphere
  • Kyogre - Heavy Slam
  • Groudon - Heavy Slam, Heat Crash
  • Shinx line - Play Rough, Psychic Fangs
  • Lopunny - U-turn
  • Magnezone - Body Press
  • Electivire - Darkest Lariat
  • Magmortar - Mystical Fire
  • Gliscor - Power Whip, Psychic Fangs
  • Porygon-Z - Eerie Impulse
  • Dialga - Body Press
  • Heatran - Heat Crash, Body Press
  • Regigigas - Rest, Protect, Heavy Slam, Heat Crash, Darkest Lariat, Body Press
  • Victini - Mystical Fire
  • Pignite and Emboar - Swift
  • Petilil line - Pollen Puff
  • Lilligant - Solar Blade
  • Krookodile - Close Combat, Darkest Lariat
  • Foongus line - Pollen Puff
  • Larvesta line - Attract
  • Volcarona - Mystical Fire
  • Tornadus - Nasty Plot
  • Carbink - Body Press
  • Diancie - Mystical Fire, Play Rough, Body Press
  • Volcanion - Heat Crash
  • Rockruff line - Play Rough
  • Lycanroc - Tail Slap, Close Combat, Psychic Fangs
  • Comfey - Pollen Puff
  • Tapu Koko - Play Rough
  • Tapu Lele - Play Rough
  • Tapu Bulu - Play Rough, High Horsepower, Darkest Lariat
  • Tapu Fini - Play Rough
  • Nihilego - Body Slam
  • Buzzwole - Close Combat, Darkest Lariat, High Horsepower
  • Pheromosa - Close Combat
  • Celesteela - Cosmic Power
  • Kartana - Solar Blade
  • Guzzlord - Heat Crash, Body Press
  • Naganadel - Breaking Swipe
  • Stakataka - Heat Crash, Body Press
  • Blacephalon - Mystic Fire

twitter.com

Michael on Twitter

“Personal tables from Pokemon HOME include TMs/TRs learned by all pokemon, so have a dump. Sadly, egg/level-up moves are scrubbed: Gen I-II: https://t.co/cBoNmmktYR Gen III-IV: https://t.co/1Cg8VAPbDz Gen V-VI: https://t.co/Y81OuF0z9w Gen VII-VIII: https://t.co/9kj2oVQq4k”

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Tapu Koko getting Play Rough is pretty big.
Now it can actually be a proper physical sweeper.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Tapu Bulu getting Play Rough is a big boon. I think Darkest Lariat and especially High Horsepower could be useful as well

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England

• Alakazam - Nasty Plot
  • Slowbro - Nasty Plot
  • Zapdos - Hurricane
  • Moltres - Mystic Fire
  • Jumpluff - Pollen Puff
  • Magcargo - Heat Crash
  • Skarmory - Body Press
  • Kingdra - Hurricane
  • Donphan - Body Press
  • Miltank - Body Press
  • Raikou - Scald
  • Ho-oh - Mystical Fire
  • Breloom - Close Combat
  • Slaking - Body Press
  • Aron line - Body Press
  • Camerupt - Body Press
  • Kyogre - Heavy Slam
  • Lopunny - U-turn
  • Magnezone - Body Press
  • Dialga - Body Press
  • Tornadus - Nasty Plot
  • Carbink - Body Press
  • Volcanion - Heat Crash
  • Comfey - Pollen Puff
  • Tapu Koko - Play Rough
  • Tapu Lele - Play Rough
  • Tapu Fini - Play Rough
  • Nihilego - Body Slam
  • Kartana - Solar Blade

twitter.com

Michael on Twitter

“Personal tables from Pokemon HOME include TMs/TRs learned by all pokemon, so have a dump. Sadly, egg/level-up moves are scrubbed: Gen I-II: https://t.co/cBoNmmktYR Gen III-IV: https://t.co/1Cg8VAPbDz Gen V-VI: https://t.co/Y81OuF0z9w Gen VII-VIII: https://t.co/9kj2oVQq4k”

They made Power Gem a TR and still won't let Aurorus learn it. It's going to be hilarious if it still can't learn Aurora Veil, too.

Also that list is definitely incomplete, just taking Close Combat as an easy example it's missing from Raticate (both forms), Poliwrath, Tauros, Sharpedo, Absol, Lopunny, Mienfoo, Bouffalant and Tyrunt.

Maybe Smogon have a complete list.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They made Power Gem a TR and still won't let Aurorus learn it. It's going to be hilarious if it still can't learn Aurora Veil, too.

Also that list is definitely incomplete, just taking Close Combat as an easy example it's missing from Raticate (both forms), Poliwrath, Tauros, Sharpedo, Absol, Lopunny, Mienfoo, Bouffalant and Tyrunt.

Maybe Smogon have a complete list.
the complete list is probably at the twitter source as they're a known pokemon dataminer/hacker

MakotoYuki

Oct 28, 2017
I have Let's Go and Sword without playing and I'm planning to start now.
Have a question about Mew, if I redeem it in Let's Go and transfer it to Sword through Home, will I lose anything like an ability or attack?

mjw

Oct 27, 2017

• Alakazam - Nasty Plot
  • Slowbro - Nasty Plot
  • Zapdos - Hurricane
  • Moltres - Mystic Fire
  • Jumpluff - Pollen Puff
  • Magcargo - Heat Crash
  • Skarmory - Body Press
  • Kingdra - Hurricane
  • Donphan - Body Press
  • Miltank - Body Press
  • Raikou - Scald
  • Ho-oh - Mystical Fire
  • Breloom - Close Combat
  • Slaking - Body Press
  • Aron line - Body Press
  • Camerupt - Body Press
  • Kyogre - Heavy Slam
  • Lopunny - U-turn
  • Magnezone - Body Press
  • Dialga - Body Press
  • Tornadus - Nasty Plot
  • Carbink - Body Press
  • Volcanion - Heat Crash
  • Comfey - Pollen Puff
  • Tapu Koko - Play Rough
  • Tapu Lele - Play Rough
  • Tapu Fini - Play Rough
  • Nihilego - Body Slam
  • Kartana - Solar Blade

twitter.com

Michael on Twitter

Why does Raikou get Scald lmao

Not mad at it tho

-Reivax-

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having difficulties with the Toxicitry Max Raid battle. It seems impossible to beat at the 5-star level. It always KO's 4 AI-controlled Pokémon after a couple of turns and I don't have a Nintendo online subscription.

Can I reduce the star level somehow?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm having difficulties with the Toxicitry Max Raid battle. It seems impossible to beat at the 5-star level. It always KO's 4 AI-controlled Pokémon after a couple of turns and I don't have a Nintendo online subscription.

Can I reduce the star level somehow?
No unfortunately. You'll either have to wait till the raids reset each day or do the clock changing trick to advance time and get a different spawn in the den. It's been awhile since I've played but I don't think they ever fixed that.

-Reivax-

Oct 27, 2017
I've only been getting 4- or 5-star Max Raids since I've advanced in the story though. I haven't got a 3-star raid for a Wild Area Event for a while now.