• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Does paralyse not bottom out a Pokemon's speed anymore? I nearly got wiped out by Nessa because I was using Yamper to spread paralyze with Nuzzle, but her Drednaw still went first and nearly swept me.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What's the best way to max happiness this time? My Dex is being held up by happiness evolutions. Are there haircuts?

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You probably won't care anymore but you can find Lapras in the wild area as a guaranteed spawn in two bodies of water during a blizzard which is much easier than the 1% spawn rate on route 9.
I wanted to add it on my team at a level similar to my team at the time. The Lapras in the Wild Area are like mid 50s and wouldn't be able to be caught anyway.

The funny thing is while it's claimed the encounter table says Lapras is there apparently no one actually encountered a Lapras there yet and every topic that asked about this everyone replied to find it in the Wild Area so I'm legit wondering if the Pokemon could even be found there even though the Pokedex and sources online says it does.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does paralyse not bottom out a Pokemon's speed anymore? I nearly got wiped out by Nessa because I was using Yamper to spread paralyze with Nuzzle, but her Drednaw still went first and nearly swept me.
Yamper's speed is actually absolutely terrible. Paralyze cuts the Pokémon's speed by 50%, but even with that cut, Drednaw still edges Yamper out.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Drednaw is also surprisingly fast. If your Pokemon already has middling speed it might still get outspeed by Drednaw

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Drednaw is also surprisingly fast. If you're Pokemon already has middling speed it might still get outspeed by Drednaw
Yeah as someone using one I was surprised at how often I went first when I was expecting to go last.

It's probably one of the best in-game Pokemon due to how as soon as it evolves you can score Crunch and Razor Shell from the Move Relearner.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
How are people getting 6IV Dittos without hacking this time around?

In the Youtube videos I see, apparently, it's the max raids but I only ever see 4 stars.

Silvard

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

In the Youtube videos I see, apparently, it's the max raids but I only ever see 4 stars.

People are save scumming for rare raids, then changing the date to change what the raid spawned, until they find one that's 5 star. They save, capture it, check IVs, if it's not 6 IV they soft reset and keeping changing the date. As an added bonus, if it's 6 IV, they can have people come over and beat the raid with them, have the capture, and soft reset. The raid will still be there.

It's a bit silly, to be honest. It turns any raid of a rare mon, including shinies, into an unlimited printer of said mons.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Pokedex complete! I would start doing competitive or maybe even shiny hunting but I have so many other games to finish. ( I also have to do a playthrough of Shield but maybe later)

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
People are save scumming for rare raids, then changing the date to change what the raid spawned, until they find one that's 5 star. They save, capture it, check IVs, if it's not 6 IV they soft reset and keeping changing the date. As an added bonus, if it's 6 IV, they can have people come over and beat the raid with them, have the capture, and soft reset. The raid will still be there.

It's a bit silly, to be honest. It turns any raid of a rare mon, including shinies, into an unlimited printer of said mons.

Oh man. This is gonna be a lot of work. Shit.

Silvard

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man. This is gonna be a lot of work. Shit.
Honestly? I don't recommend it. It's 1/1024 for a 5 star raid, and you have to reset/change date to get to one anyway. You're better off trading for them. They're becoming more and more common due to the aforementioned printing ability once someone finds a den.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty sure someone said in one of those videos that 6IV Dittos are so rare they border on impossibility. Gonna have to wait til Home, or find someone with a hacked Switch.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The Exp candies and rare candies from raids are one of the best features added to this game. It makes it so fast and convenient to get a team viable for Battle Tower or high level raids even if they don't have perfect IVs or EV trained just right. It allows you to experiment a lot more and it's fun. I always hated the time consuming aspect of doing it in previous games.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It still does, but if their speed is super high/yours is super low, you probably won't notice a difference.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nope, in gen 6, paralyse got nerf and cut the Pokémon speed by 50%, electric Pokémon became immune to it and Thunder wave no longer became 100% accurate.

Drednaw is also surprisingly fast. If your Pokemon already has middling speed it might still get outspeed by Drednaw

Yep, I love my Drednaw he's strong strong, though and just badass. So glad that I decided to chose him over lame Inteleon.

Sorry Inteleon's fans.

You can't till Game Freak release the starter with their hidden ability.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, in gen 6, paralyse got nerf and cut the Pokémon speed by 50%, electric Pokémon became immune to it and Thunder wave no longer became 100% accurate.

Yep, I love my Drednaw he's strong strong, though and just badass. So glad that I decided to chose him over lame Inteleon.

Sorry Inteleon's fans.

You can't till Game Freak release the starter with their hidden ability.
Oh I know it was more of a joke lol

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Hatched my first shiny (not my actual first shiny, first hatched), thus the first time I got a shiny I was actually working towards.

Delicious Orange Cramorant! Such beauty in a derpy package, and in less than 20 eggs thanks entirely to my first wonder trade back at release being a French ditto so I could masuda method.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I love my Drednaw. I know many ppl who were turned off by Chewtle, but loving the ugly-but-also-sorta-cute little guy sure paid off in the end.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly? I don't recommend it. It's 1/1024 for a 5 star raid, and you have to reset/change date to get to one anyway. You're better off trading for them. They're becoming more and more common due to the aforementioned printing ability once someone finds a den.
People will still be fine with doing it though, since resetting raids, you also gain 2k watts each turn, eventually you could have a lot of money with those watts

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm calling it now the most forgotten Gen VIII Pokemon once hype dies down is gonna be Pincurchin.

I was like "oh yeah" when Hop used one.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when you could get H/A starters in Gen 6 right away with the Friend Safari?

That was cool.

Jan 10, 2018
Never played Pokémon and neither have my best friend. He bought Sword and I'm thinking of getting Shield. Can you trade pokémons with your friend or what's the reason to have two different editions of the game?

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Thanks for the insight, those odds are insane.

Definitely will settle for 4s.

Can get most builds I want that way anyway :p

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Where do you even catch Indeedy? I have yet to see one in the wild.

I guess maybe the areas after beating Raihan?

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
Anyone else in need of a 5/6 perfect IVs Ditto?

If so would anybody here want to form a raid group for the next hours?
2-4 other person could join, we could all raid spam the specific den in which a Ditto always appears and inform each other, when we encounter a purple beam, so the other could join the raid.
And then just repeat till we succeed.

I will be there for the next 2-3 hours and my FC is SW-0208-3346-3809 if anybody wanna join me :)
(Or just give me a quick notice)

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else in need of a 5/6 perfect IVs Ditto?

If so would anybody here want to form a raid group for the next hours?
2-4 other person could join, we could all raid spam the specific den in which a Ditto always appears and inform each other, when we encounter a purple beam, so the other could join the raid.
And then just repeat till we succeed.

I will be there for the next 2-3 hours and my FC is SW-0208-3346-3809 if anybody wanna join me :)
(Or just give me a quick notice)
Yep, I need some.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Doing high level raids are such a pain in the ass. People rarely join the raids and when I attempt to join someone else's raid I get a communication error.

Status
Not open for further replies.