• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Got to Master Ball tier in doubles and won my first game there. Top 500 in the world feels pretty good.

After work I'll try to get to Master Ball in singles too and continue my prep for Galar Beginnings. It allows gigantamax so need to see if there is anyone I'd consider using. (Love my boy Lapras but idk if this is best format for it.)

Giga Lapras feels more built for doubles (if Gigas are ever allowed in this format).

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got to Master Ball tier in doubles and won my first game there. Top 500 in the world feels pretty good.

After work I'll try to get to Master Ball in singles too and continue my prep for Galar Beginnings. It allows gigantamax so need to see if there is anyone I'd consider using. (Love my boy Lapras but idk if this is best format for it.)

How many matches did it take to get in the Master Ball tiers? Obviously win rate will affect things in that regard, but how'd it go?

Also curious on your opinion of Dynamaxing in the higher tiers of gameplay.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yoooo I got a JPN Ditto from a surprise trade. Doppppe

How dumb of an idea is it to get it to level 100 and hyper train it? Cause I already used a ton of resources getting it to level 90

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yoooo I got a JPN Ditto from a surprise trade. Doppppe

How dumb of an idea is it to get it to level 100 and hyper train it? Cause I already used a ton of resources getting it to level 90
Hyper training Ditto is pointless because trained IV's cant be passed down, only natural ones can

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hyper training Ditto is pointless because trained IV's cant be passed down, only natural ones can

Oh god dammit...Should have asked before I spent my entire EXP item savings on it.

Well it doesn't even have 1 best IV, so shit. This might not be that great after all. Shinys yeah but their IVs are gonna suck.

I think I'm just destined to suck at breeding

Last edited:

sorakirosaki

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god dammit...Should have asked before I spent my entire EXP item savings on it.

Well it doesn't even have 1 best IV, so shit. This might not be that great after all. Shinys yeah but their IVs are gonna suck.

I think I'm just destined to suck at breeding
Eh its a learning experience lol do ditto raids as its the best way to get better dittos

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How many matches did it take to get in the Master Ball tiers? Obviously win rate will affect things in that regard, but how'd it go?

Also curious on your opinion of Dynamaxing in the higher tiers of gameplay.
34-19 record or so.

Dynamaxing is super important and usually sways a game.

Used this team my last 10 games, won all but one.

tailpoke3.jpg

Last edited:

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
No GTS fucking sucks.

Pain in the ass to trade for all the Shield exclusives now, let alone getting myself a Zamazenta.

Back in Sun where you caught multiples of some of the UB's I found a Lunala on GTS asking for one of those, easiest trade ever lol.
I got all of the Shield exclusives by trading in the trade thread on this forum in one session of trades. No need for GTS but it'd be nice to have for the people who don't have this place or something similar.
What's the point of it? Serious question. I assumed it was the area we traverse to get places.
It opens up again that does lead to another portion of Galar eventually. Trying to avoid giving spoilers.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Eh its a learning experience lol do ditto raids as its the best way to get better dittos

Yeah I guess I'll try that next. I'm not really about all the reset exploits, but I'll swing by that den more often. Maybe I'll still try using this JPN Ditto if I have a Pokemon with already amazing stats.

I guess the dream is to have a 5/6IV Masuda Ditto, but it seems like that's pretty hard to pull off.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Being lvl 100 certainly helps, but it doesn't completely compensate for brain dead AI that can get knocked out in one hit (or 2 if they have focus sash). That's my main issue, that you can do everything right but still lose because the AI has a useless Magicarp or Togipei in a 5 star raid. I havent even been knocked out once in any level raid; Anytime I've lost a raid, it's always because the AI got knocked out 4 times.

I've cleared quite a few 5 star raids solo too but it's still unnecessarily and ridiculously frustrating to do so at times, especially when the AI trainers are just being a flat out hindrance instead of a help. The fact that they didn't bother to make the AI trainer Pokemon scale in power/evolution is just ridiculous and feels lazy.

I actually did get blown out of a den last night because the AI sent in a Pikachu against a 5* Galvantula. I went in again, got better NPCs, and beat it. I think it does scale the NPCs to your level though. They don't seem to get OHKO'd as much when I use a level 100 vs my lower level pokemon.
I agree the AI is mostly brain dead.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually did get blown out of a den last night because the AI sent in a Pikachu against a 5* Galvantula. I went in again, got better NPCs, and beat it. I think it does scale the NPCs to your level though. They don't seem to get OHKO'd as much when I use a level 100 vs my lower level pokemon.
I agree the AI is mostly brain dead.
You can always check their lvl if you click on team.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love my arceus-forsaken abominations

Though I think if they did put in the original forms, they'd be much weaker. And it'd ruin the joke

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
Losing the possibility of getting a poké-velociraptor would be terrible indeed but I do feel like correct-fossils will happen in an eventual sequel/third version.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
controversial opinion time:

singles is boring as shit to watch because of all the switching. thank god for entry hazards

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I finally beat the Battle Tower. Turns out my Japanese Ditto already had 4IVs, so my shinies have been coincidentally hatching with Best in their most used stat.

My Snom even has its hidden ability, so by all means it looks competition ready. EV training it now. I'm doing it legitimately, but I might end up using the date exploit if I get bored.

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
sequels/third versions are in question I think. circumstances feel a whole lot different thanks to new systems

I would love to think that a sequel is more likely given the hints but to be honest many said the same about S/M and we ended up with USUM which, while nice on their own, felt entirely unnecessary.

Not to forget X/Y which were really primed for a third version ended up not getting anything so I don't really know what to expect at this point.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's not the biggest deal, but Magnezone and Bisharp are closer to your range, and they could be trouble.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
After almost 1500 encounters and five days straight of being at The fairy forest, I'm on the edge of giving up on getting a shiny Impidimp.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there an easy way to farm money? Do you get nuggets and pearls from raids?

Couple of fast ways, Doing the end-game tournament with the Gigantimax Meowth and it's G-Max move. Doing raids and selling the various treasures you get as rewards. Doing that time-travel exploit to get a billion watts then buy luxury balls with those watts and sell them.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry, Dracovish. You are beautiful to me (can't do anything about your never ending torment, tho)

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
When you reach the MAX level in the Battle Tower, should you continue ? Leon seemed to imply that he'll bring its ultimate team on the next fight when I beat him on the Ultra Ball level.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, I spent $20 to get Mew 2 months early.
Gamefreak must love me now, right.

This is easily the worst thing about this.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When you reach the MAX level in the Battle Tower, should you continue ? Leon seemed to imply that he'll bring its ultimate team on the next fight when I beat him on the Ultra Ball level.
Battle Tower is sad. You get a berry at battle 100, and next reward is another berry at battle 200. After that you get rewards regularly again for all eternity.

I just hit 210 and God the grind until then was so dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.