• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
You can always tell when a kid joins the curry session, everyone else has stopped fanning while they continue to mash and burn the whole thing, and then they stir like they're trying to create a damn whirlpool.
Damn brats have no nuance at the intricacies of Pokemon curry

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Good god, the AI partners in Max Raids are the very definition of fucking useless, even in low star raids. Max Raids become nearly impossible using them in 5 Stars+. Just did a 5 star Vileplum and in the games wisdom, it gave me all water Pokemon, including a fucking Magicarp.

Would it have been that hard for GF to adjust the AI partners to compensate for difficulty, instead of just shoving the same Magicarp that was useless in 1 Star in a 5 star raid? I truly feel for people that don't have online that will try to do harder raids (Not that online is much better, since it barely works).

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Good god, the AI partners in Max Raids are the very definition of fucking useless, even in low star raids. Max Raids become nearly impossible using them in 5 Stars+. Just did a 5 star Vileplum and in the games wisdom, it gave me all water Pokemon, including a fucking Magicarp.

Would it have been that hard for GF to adjust the AI partners to compensate for difficulty, instead of just shoving the same Magicarp that was useless in 1 Star in a 5 star raid? I truly feel for people that don't have online that will try to do harder raids (Not that online is much better, since it barely works).

Yeah i've given up on raids now, either you get shitty AI partners who wipe within 2 turns or you get disconnected. Garbage system.

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
Quick question: I heard a lot of people mention that it's best to have several 5 perfect IVs Dittos - like one not perfect in special attack, one not perfect in attack etc.

I just wonder why though, since if I understood breeding correctly the IVs will be inherited randomly, so what's the point of that?

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
If I don't put all my energy into the curry how will my pokemon know that I love them though
13427.jpg

Pictured: your beloved Pokemon about to discharge the scalding curry

they ain't fake tears anymore!

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question: I heard a lot of people mention that it's best to have several 5 perfect IVs Dittos - like one not perfect in special attack, one not perfect in attack etc.

I just wonder why though, since if I understood breeding correctly the IVs will be inherited randomly, so what's the point of that?
If you give a Pokemon a Destiny Knot when breeding, it's guaranteed to pass down some IVs.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Just got badge 8.

The "Dragon" badge, huh. A badge for defeating the "Dragon type gym leader", eh? The badge you get from the "tamer of dragons".

Mania

Jan 27, 2018
My Pokedex is now 399/400, and the last one I need is Dracozolt. Could someone let me hold their Dracozolt for a second and I give it back? I'm also on Sword and have gotten 0 bird/drake fossils from the digging bros.

link code: 2849

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
But only 5 random ones though, right? So, I still don't see the point in having different 5 perfect IVs Dittos unless I'm missing something here.
5 IVs from the Parents. So if you're Ditto has mostly perfect IVs, then you have a decent shot of breeding a Mon that has perfect IVs too.

Which you can now breed with your Ditto for an even higher likelihood of get perfect IVs until you have a 5 or even 6 IV mon of your choice.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Can you not catch super strong Pokemon? I have enough badges to catch level 30+ Pokemon, but a level 36 Shiinotic wouldn't let it's guard down.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You can always tell when a kid joins the curry session, everyone else has stopped fanning while they continue to mash and burn the whole thing, and then they stir like they're trying to create a damn whirlpool.
Damn brats have no nuance at the intricacies of Pokemon curry
Am I a zoomer now.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Hippopotas has a drastic change in color between male and female. You sure it was shiny?
the hippo has different color depending on gender, it was probably not a shiny

Oh, what? It was a completely grey Hippowdon. I went to update my league card and it said I had encountered two shinies now (the first one being the Dreepy I hatched). So then I have probably missed out on something else completely.

EDIT: ok, apparently that counter also counts evolutions of a shiny. My Dreepy is now a Drakloak, that's why it says 2 shiny encounters. phew.

Last edited:

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

I haven't lost a single 5* max raid solo, but I use a level 100 pokemon - usually Mew. The level definitely makes a difference.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
For 5* solo raids you can generally manage fine with a strong level 100 Pokemon. Not the legends since they can't Dynamax and thus bring down their shields faster. With Gyarados I can beat 90% of the 5* raids on my first try, and once I build up more Pokemon the ones it has trouble with can also be dealt with. Stuff like Drednaw is still an RNG fest, but it's definitely doable.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Even with the exploit, it could take hours to spawn a single Gmax. Assuming the online was completely functional (which it's not by a long shot), it would take MONTHS to get all the gmax pokemon the intended way. If they ever patch this out, they will seriously need to overhaul the raid system completely as well as the online infrastructure.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Play a bit more of the game today;
  • Took on the first ever dark type Gym leader, he was alright but very underdeveloped and the whole class structure plot is just causally sweep aside,
  • Team Yell is just eh and I wish that they had done more with them than just being rock block,
  • Marine is just underdeveloped, boring and could have easily been cut from the game,
  • Headed back to Hammerlock and took on Raihan, I wanted to end the battle with Rillaboom and Charizard but alas it wasn't to be, eh maybe in another playthrough.
  • It was interesting fighting a gym leader in a double battle his team actually makes sense as I was raising my eyebrow as two of them weren't dragon type,
  • Oh hi professor Magnolia, I thought that you died.
  • Sonia being professor was nice but eh it feels unceremonious,
  • Headed off to route 10, it was a bit of a short route. It could have been longer and served as the game victory road,
  • Arrived in Wydon like its real life counterpart...I hate it already,
  • Took on the semi-final of the champion cup,
  • Took on Marine first...got nothing to say really her underdeveloped role has come to an end,
  • Took on Hop, it was cool battle and being harrassed by the Press with Hop stepping in as body guard was cool.
  • Seems like Leon didn't turn up for dinner and something is going down at Rose's tower, will investigate it tomorrow.
Can't believe that the game is coming to an end...eh it's fine, I still have Shield to play. 🤣

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Uhh so the day/night cycle is gone?

During that streaming before release there were gifs showing that it wasn't clock based and would change according to the area, and some people assured us that it wasn't the case according to an insider, and the cycle was still there.

Now I'm playing the game and it isn't. Is there a plausible reason for cutting this or is it just gone for the hell of it, like the GTS?

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Uhh so the day/night cycle is gone?

During that streaming before release there were gifs showing that it wasn't clock based and would change according to the area, and some people assured us that it wasn't the case according to an insider, and the cycle was still there.

Now I'm playing the game and it isn't. Is there a plausible reason for cutting this or is it just gone for the hell of it, like the GTS?
Its still there. Just only works in the wild area for the story. After the story it works normally everywhere. It's really dumb.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Its still there. Just only works in the wild area for the story. After the story it works normally everywhere. It's really dumb.

It doesn't make sense because we've had several games now with 3d cutscenes and they didn't have to remove a feature (or restrict it to only one area of the game which is even more baffling) because of that.

S/M accommodates that very well, and the day/night setting was even more crucial for that game's plot.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Any Shield players that still haven't caught their Zamazenta? If so I have a trade offer for you. If you capture Zamazenta in a Premier Ball I'll trade you a Zamazenta + a high value BP item from the Battle Tower for it.
I've got one in a Premier Ball now if you want to trade. I could use a Choice Band. I can keep the Rusted Shield I'm guessing?

FC: SW-7099-3715-2306

NamikazeBurst

Oct 25, 2017
If I save before a raid and don't like the stats of what I caught, will reloading make it have different IVs or are they locked when the raid is generated?

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
Hop isn't as bad at the end and in the post game.

The ease of EV training is nice. I've never bothered with it before.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Have a 5IV Ditto w/ 0 Attack IV raid I plan on running a few times

How do I add the hidden content tab so I can put my FC in?

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What's a good way to get Pokemon to like each other? As in, if they're in the camp together and you check and it says they dislike each other.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Beat 4 gym leaders today. I want to do raids but I also want to be in the postgame so I can start breeding and finding strong raids.

Edit: I think I'll make Dracovish my level 100 Pokemon. Good typing and coverage.

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
What's a good way to get Pokemon to like each other? As in, if they're in the camp together and you check and it says they dislike each other.

If you're just talking about camp, as far as I know it's just flavor text, but if you're concerned about breeding, that's just the game telling you that they are compatible, but it could take a while to get an egg.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
If you're just talking about camp, as far as I know it's just flavor text, but if you're concerned about breeding, that's just the game telling you that they are compatible, but it could take a while to get an egg.
I dont think its random per camp, I had a Tsareena, Hatterena and Sirfetch'd on my team during the story and they were all in this clique almost everytime I made camp, Hatterena and Tsareena were both "very close" and "best friends." I later brought on a Gardevior during my raid HA grinding and she was consistently afraid of the queen bees.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think its random per camp, I had a Tsareena, Hatterena and Sirfetch'd on my team during the story and they were all in this clique almost everytime I made camp, Hatterena and Tsareena were both "very close" and "best friends." I later brought on a Gardevior during my raid HA grinding and she was consistently afraid of the queen bees.
Indeed, after making curry my 2 guys went from "Aren't sure about each other" to "Have opened up bit" So there is definitely a persistent friendship mechanic.

Dang Gamefreak got me playing Tomagachi/Nintendogs in 2019

Lyndis Lorca

Oct 25, 2017
Currently utilizing a Weakness Policy on my Tyranitar. Question: Does it get used up and disappear in a raid battle like normal gameplay? Or is it "saved" like comp. play?

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
Indeed, after making curry my 2 guys went from "Aren't sure about each other" to "Have opened up bit" So there is definitely a persistent friendship mechanic.

Dang Gamefreak got me playing Tomagachi/Nintendogs in 2019

I just assumed it had something to do with natures, but I guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.