• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone has a spare 6 ivs ditto? I've spent like almost a day rolling den for it and still haven't got a good one.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of datamined legendaries/starters/gigantamax forms that are seemingly planned for upcoming events make me think they may skip a 2020 release for a new game and instead have events all year long.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of datamined legendaries/starters/gigantamax forms that are seemingly planned for upcoming events make me think they may skip a 2020 release for a new game and instead have events all year long.
No 2020 game, do events and a DLC Mythical and then have DP Remakes in 2021 to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the original games.
The Starters and Legendaries will probably be available via Pokemon Home transfer though, just saying.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
can you sell the stuff in the treasure category safely or are they needed for something? Im broke man!

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No 2020 game, do events and a DLC Mythical and then have DP Remakes in 2021 to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the original games.
The Starters and Legendaries will probably be available via Pokemon Home transfer though, just saying.

They're still going to distribute them even if they're available through HOME.
But 2021 for DPP remakes does sound more likely.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Its not only the 15th anniversary of the games but the 25th anniversary of the series as a whole and its a neat callback to how DP came out during the 10th anniversary of the series.
tenor.gif

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Do you get a second Sweet Apple? Should I use it now to evolve into Appletun or wait until I can find a Gigantamax-capable one?

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
Do you get a second Sweet Apple? Should I use it now to evolve into Appletun or wait until I can find a Gigantamax-capable one?

You can find respawning ones on the island in the middle of the lake near Motostoke. You can feel free to evolve it now, you'll catch GMax Appletun as an Appletun anyway so no need to save it.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
The ghost gym is one of the best gym battles I've ever had. I lost three times. Pokémon Shield reigns supreme.

Also when the hell am I going to find a psychic type TM, I need one badly

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Grind for a TR in the Wild Area.
I really dislike the TR system.

I like the idea (of consumable TMs like they used to be) but not the execution. They shouldnt be up to random chance and tied to raids, they could be on stores where you paid a fee to teach the move to a pokemon, which would somehow counterbalance the issue of infinite tms being kinda broken, give more purpose to having money other than buying clothes and still let people in competitive build their teams without hassle

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The ghost gym is one of the best gym battles I've ever had. I lost three times. Pokémon Shield reigns supreme.

Also when the hell am I going to find a psychic type TM, I need one badly
Den 14 on Hammerlock Hill

They feature mainly psychic types and a vast majority of them have Psychic TRs

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
At the Fire Gym now, I really wish Gym battles evolved more than it did Gigamax basically just looks cool but it doesn't really change anything.

Would love Gym battles that were longer or had more people to battle to make it worthwhile because that music is fantastic and gets you pumped.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I love when narratives emerge over the course of training Pokemon. It's my favorite thing about the franchise.

I lost to the ghost gym so I trained the linoone I've had since the beginning for a level to make it evolve into obstagoon. Going back there with this smug motherfucker and obliterating allister's giant Gengar was a Dragonball moment.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love when narratives emerge over the course of training Pokemon. It's my favorite thing about the franchise.

I lost to the ghost gym so I trained the linoone I've had since the beginning for a level to make it evolve into obstagoon. Going back there with this smug motherfucker and obliterating allister's giant Gengar was a Dragonball moment.
lol this happened to me, except I lost to Bea because I got cocky thinking I was hot shit and didn't even mind my type matchups, sending pokemon at random. I even Dynamaxed too early.

I didn't grind for the rematch, though. I just made sure to send my team in the correct order and made sure to Dynamax when appropriate.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018

They're still going to distribute them even if they're available through HOME.
But 2021 for DPP remakes does sound more likely.

Dont think DLC is going to happen tbh, gamefreak didnt even bother to patch Lets go pikachu and eevee for the first 7 months.

they only skipped 2002,2006 and 2008 due to localization, japan got ruby/saphire in 2002, diamond/pearl in 2006 and platinum in 2008. And once they did the localization simultaneously only 2015 was skipped. And thats for the past 23 years(so only 4 skips in more than 2 decades with 3 of the 4 due to a game releasing mid year or bc of the localization not being done while developing)

I think more than likely we are looking at a 2020 release for the diamond and pearl remakes tbh, the fact that merchandise is releasing this year just like the kanto merchandise being released at the end of 2017 lets me to believe that the chance of a 2020 release being to most likely. 2021 is most likely going to be either a sequel(ala black and white 2) or a 3rd version with alterations, new pokemon and possibly some new areas and legendarys.

But most likely the team behind lets go is the one who are developing the remakes (no im not saying its a lets go game, just the staff that worked on that title)

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea (of consumable TMs like they used to be) but not the execution. They shouldnt be up to random chance and tied to raids, they could be on stores where you paid a fee to teach the move to a pokemon, which would somehow counterbalance the issue of infinite tms being kinda broken, give more purpose to having money other than buying clothes and still let people in competitive build their teams without hassle
You can buy them but I dislike that it's completely random, especially since shopkeepers have doubles.

I definitely don't agree with their selectionof TRs vs TMs either. Some staples like Shadow Ball or Psychic should've stayed as TMs,I feel TRs should've been more niche moves that are definitely useful but that you could live without in the main story.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Dont think DLC is going to happen tbh, gamefreak didnt even bother to patch Lets go pikachu and eevee for the first 7 months.

they only skipped 2002,2006 and 2008 due to localization, japan got ruby/saphire in 2002, diamond/pearl in 2006 and platinum in 2008. And once they did the localization simultaneously only 2015 was skipped. And thats for the past 23 years(so only 4 skips in more than 2 decades with 3 of the 4 due to a game releasing mid year or bc of the localization not being done while developing)

I think more than likely we are looking at a 2020 release for the diamond and pearl remakes tbh, the fact that merchandise is releasing this year just like the kanto merchandise being released at the end of 2017 lets me to believe that the chance of a 2020 release being to most likely. 2021 is most likely going to be either a sequel(ala black and white 2) or a 3rd version with alterations, new pokemon and possibly some new areas and legendarys.

But most likely the team behind lets go is the one who are developing the remakes (no im not saying its a lets go game, just the staff that worked on that title)
5 skips. 2011 still counts despite the west getting a game every year since 2009, gamefreak did not release a game that year which was actively in development. I really don't get how 2020 is seen as a sure thing, it feels right honestly. I mean ffs the series has 8 generations and FOUR of em have been in the last decade. They need to slow the fuck down.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

There are no Mythicals in the game and if I remember correctly there are slots for 2 DLC Pokemon
Also Game Freak doesn't really have full on separate teams, most of the internal Let's Go staff went on to SwSh after Let's Go was finished.

Last edited:

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
You can buy them but I dislike that it's completely random, especially since shopkeepers have doubles.

I definitely don't agree with their selectionof TRs vs TMs either. Some staples like Shadow Ball or Psychic should've stayed as TMs,I feel TRs should've been more niche moves that are definitely useful but that you could live without in the main story.

Youre not getting a defence for the selection from me. I legit laughed when i saw scary face and another useless move that lowered attack back to back as TMs i found in the wild. Felt so rewarded. I think its the randomness that made them put the stronger moves as TRs for "balance" which is completely useless when you consider you can go to a pkmn center and teach OP as hell moves to your stone evolved pokemon for free

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, I FINALLY got a Bird and Dino fossil. Now to try and get one more of each....
I have 7 Fish and Drakes, lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.